Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Hi Jeff, your Opera story is hilarious, what an experience!

We are thinking of returning to Vienna for a few days before Christmas, any tips on the Markets?

We Fly to Florida for Summer but haven't decided what to do yet. We have never been to Key West so perhaps a few days there and Naples also.

How about you, any trips planned ?

Hi,

Yes we have been going to Vienna for the Christmas markets ... with some others every year. It has changed over the years but is great if you haven't been yet.

I'm not going to print off details of all the different markets because they are all listed. The most recent is in fact in the space you already know between the History and Art Museums.

Here is a decent list.

http://www.austria.info/uk/winter-holidays-austria/christmas-markets-in-vienna-1428274.html

Here is the first tip .... this is a webcam so you can see them preparing the main Christams Market in Rathausplatz. In late November ... many of them watch the Christmas tree being delivered and watch the crane put it up. The wooden chalets are installed and tree decorated. If you look now there are two cameras showing you the ice skating ....

http://webcam.anw.at/

.... there are two cameras listed at the top and you can also fully control them ....

I sometimes take friends .... competitive friends :D;) and we have a game that you and your kids might try if you bored. The objective is to try and get an extra nut from the Maroni Stands by eye-pleading but using no words. Think of Cocker Spaniel eyes. :)

Basically all we do is lurch from punch stall to punch stall with the odd bag of nuts .... this is the way we get our 5 a day. We exchange ideas every year on TA about the best stands. Our favourite is in the space you already know in front of Schonbrunn. If you are facing the palace it will be on the right and sells Amaretto punch. Always ask for a punch mit schuss ie with a shot! By lunch everyone looks beautiful and happy. It is called gemütlichkeit!

We now only go for 4 nights. My suggestion is if you can miss weekends when the markets are chocker and full of coach loads of East-Euroepans and others there just for the day. If you can arrive on a Monday morning and leave later in the wek ... we leave Friday Evening. The markets will just have lines of school kids who are all impecaably behaved as this is Vienna. All kids in Vienna as you know are born middle-class and well behaved and all play the violin from 18 months .... :)

That is your starter for 10 .... just le me know if you have any more questions.

For V8 ..... lunch was duck with noodle and veg ....

466B0209-97DB-4E7B-83EF-AFAAA73F1980_zpszmfcyuhx.jpg

I do not put Esso into my SL. ;)

We had a celebration last week .... 23.1 mpg .... never got past 19 before ...

P1000900_zps2034c017.jpg

Wait until you come back up the hill,you'll be on 15 mpg

Us Phantom owners dare not look at the trip computer.:eek:

Like the picture of the pot noodle,amazing what you can do if you add a bit of cucumber.

Wait until you come back up the hill,you'll be on 15 mpg

Us Phantom owners dare not look at the trip computer.:eek:

Like the picture of the pot noodle,amazing what you can do if you add a bit of cucumber.

I thought Us Phantom owners sat in the back?!? :confused:

I have a dream ... one day I'll actually get to the end of the street before I need a refill. Still. First World Worry! Onward and Upward!

With benefit of hindsight I should have taken the piccy before I started eating it. Uncouth! At least I took the pips out of the Quke before I added it the the pot.

:)

I thought Us Phantom owners sat in the back?!? :confused:

I have a dream ... one day I'll actually get to the end of the street before I need a refill. Still. First World Worry! Onward and Upward!

With benefit of hindsight I should have taken the piccy before I started eating it. Uncouth! At least I took the pips out of the Quke before I added it the the pot.

:)

We do sit in the back,we have TV screens so that we can see what's going on.

I had an SL once 600 V12,nothing but trouble.

I like the newest SL63

We do sit in the back,we have TV screens so that we can see what's going on.

I had an SL once 600 V12,nothing but trouble.

I like the newest SL63

I can see it. You and Lady Lux with her doing her crocheting.

I'd love to see a piccy of how you climbed in and out of the 600. Bum first and feet over ... or left hand foot in first .... and hope for the best? :)

I always welcome tips.

I can see it. You and Lady Lux with her doing her crocheting.

I'd love to see a piccy of how you climbed in and out of the 600. Bum first and feet over ... or left hand foot in first .... and hope for the best? :)

I always welcome tips.

Is crocheting similar to nagging

Left foot first and hurl yourself in.getting out is more of an art

I have a 458 italia at present and that is even worse for getting out of.

Yes crocheting and nagging involve needling someone or something! :D

The SL is and has been purely an A303 car to get us to and from Devon late at night. I hate driving so this is when I do it. We leave at around 1am and bomb down. When we can. You are right re reliability. Rubbish. The only plus side is this Merc Mobi thing. I call them in Germany on the car phone. As long as you have the car serviced then they trailor the car to a dealer and give you a car equal or better than your own. And they are helpful! ;) Last summer we got as far as Stonehenge which was a result in itself .... and the throttle went. Evdently 3p worth of resistor that will take £500 thank you very much! :mad:

However .... the rental company didn't have an SL and you are entitled to your car or better. So we had a brand new long wheel base S for 3 weeks down in Devon. £4k worth. It did everything other than cook a hot pot. So every year we seem to get a reliable new car for a few weeks in Devon whilst they shine the SL in the dealership.

Who said that unreliability was a bad thing. :)

My dad chooses cars strictly by how easy they are to get into/out of. You might want to look into that.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes crocheting and nagging involve needling someone or something! :D

The SL is and has been purely an A303 car to get us to and from Devon late at night. I hate driving so this is when I do it. We leave at around 1am and bomb down. When we can. You are right re reliability. Rubbish. The only plus side is this Merc Mobi thing. I call them in Germany on the car phone. As long as you have the car serviced then they trailor the car to a dealer and give you a car equal or better than your own. And they are helpful! ;) Last summer we got as far as Stonehenge which was a result in itself .... and the throttle went. Evdently 3p worth of resistor that will take £500 thank you very much! :mad:

However .... the rental company didn't have an SL and you are entitled to your car or better. So we had a brand new long wheel base S for 3 weeks down in Devon. £4k worth. It did everything other than cook a hot pot. So every year we seem to get a reliable new car for a few weeks in Devon whilst they shine the SL in the dealership.

Who said that unreliability was a bad thing. )

Ah Mercedes Benz'es' and RR's ,at last a subject I'm knowledgable about:D ;)

Hubby is collecting a shiny new S class tomorrow...if you ask me there's far too much technology in modern cars. I shall update in a year if the bloody thing hasn't gone kaputt ! Give me a 1980 SL over a new one any day. :D

Although I did have a very soft spot for the 2005 SLK .....

Edited by Nigella
Typo

Ah Mercedes Benz'es' and RR's ,at last a subject I'm knowledgable about:D ;)

Hubby is collecting a shiny new S class tomorrow...if you ask me there's far too much technology in modern cars. I shall update in a year if the bloody thing hasn't gone kaputt ! Give me a 1980 SL over a new one any day. :D

Although I did have a very soft spot for the 2005 SLK .....

How are you George? Have 5 arrived in Singapore yet?

SLK ... are you a hairdresser perchance? The SL is one inch smaller each side than the garage door. Bleedin' 'orrible.

Hope your toy boy enjoys his shiny S. It must be an exciting time! :)

How are you George? Have 5 arrived in Singapore yet?

SLK ... are you a hairdresser perchance? The SL is one inch smaller each side than the garage door. Bleedin' 'orrible.

Hope your toy boy enjoys his shiny S. It must be an exciting time! :)

Ten days to Singapore !

:D re hairdresser, cheeky! The SLK is a perfectly ergonomic car for us short, I mean petite, ladies. I loved mine, easiest car I've ever driven.

Advice that would have served Paris Hilton well. (Not that she's a lady)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Mark, talking about Paris Hilton and sausages ...

This one is especially for you (forget V8 she has abandoned Watercooler ....)

Toulose sausage and Gnocchetti in fresh tomato sauce with Olive Ciabatta

and some Rough and Ready Red.

5847A679-44D6-4CF6-8473-D675AEE83C24_zpsecqzg15t.jpg

This will confuse Lux .... he won't have come across a sausage in the places he goes to ......:)

71017_Mickey_1000.jpg

Oh I suspect there'll be Mickey Mouse a-plenty during this trip, and that includes my travel companions. ;)

Just having a mess with the Tapa wotsit app which didn't work for me last time we talked about it. Will let you know how I get on. If a post of a shiny new S class appears, you'll know it's worked. :eek: