Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Yes I love the Garners shallots as well ..... but not with my charc. We did have some olives and some feta.

It's odd but the cheapest on the plate is the best. We loved the Mortadella.

I think it's going to be frankfurters in baguettes with some frites tomorrow. :)

JEFF,

Is that a little butter based sauce in the cups?

Peas RIP rest in peas

I make a butter veg bouillon and throw it into the pan with the pakchoi, and slam the lid on to steam for a few moments. I discovered some time ago that I enjoy pouring off what is left and drinking it and using it to pour over. An amuse bouche?

I feel guilty about an earlier criticism of SS for using frozen fish. I've learned since then. It is clear that properly defrosted and cooked frozen quality fish is far better than anything other than fish that has literally just been caught, which for the vast majority of us is impossible.

A guy on TV who works in a lab that analyses the freshness of fish educated and converted me. He never eats fresh fish, only frozen. Now it's the same for me. :D

I make a butter veg bouillon and throw it into the pan with the pakchoi, and slam the lid on to steam for a few moments. I discovered some time ago that I enjoy pouring off what is left and drinking it and using it to pour over. An amuse bouche?

I feel guilty about an earlier criticism of SS for using frozen fish. I've learned since then. It is clear that properly defrosted and cooked frozen quality fish is far better than anything other than fish that has literally just been caught, which for the vast majority of us is impossible.

A guy on TV who works in a lab that analyses the freshness of fish educated and converted me. He never eats fresh fish, only frozen. Now it's the same for me. :D

JEFF,you should start one of those home restaurants that has become very trendy,of course you would have a luncheon club.

Ill book two places now!

JEFF,you should start one of those home restaurants that has become very trendy,of course you would have a luncheon club.

Ill book two places now!

Thanks.

We came close to buying a country restaurant in a Queen Anne stile pile but the ability to read the books and recognising no chance of a profit ... and knowing I'm a grumpy gJt made common sense prevail.

It is better to cook for those you love rather than strangers. :D

Thanks.

We came close to buying a country restaurant in a Queen Anne stile pile but the ability to read the books and recognising no chance of a profit ... and knowing I'm a grumpy gJt made common sense prevail.

It is better to cook for those you love rather than strangers. :D

That's why I said I'd book two places :D

Very nice although I think it works better with fresh white bread that absorbs the sauce and moulds itself around the fingers when you grasp it in your mits.

I don't like the bread going mushy. It has to be toasted. It has to be haddock in batter. Not coley or cod in breadcrumb. Haddock in BATTER!!! :D

Did you notice the tartar sauce .......;)

I don't like the bread going mushy. It has to be toasted. It has to be haddock in batter. Not coley or cod in breadcrumb. Haddock in BATTER!!! :D

Did you notice the tartar sauce .......;)

Yes,your upmarket,I've always thought so.

I do prefer a nice bit of haddock,can't remember the last time I had cod.

I had a lovely wing of skate with black butter at Scott's

Very nice capers too.

Chassagne Montrachet washed it all down.they were out of Pecheur

Edited by Mr Luxury

Yes,your upmarket,I've always thought so.

I do prefer a nice bit of haddock,can't remember the last time I had cod.

I had a lovely wing of skate with black butter at Scott's

Very nice capers too.

Chassagne Montrachet washed it all down.they were out of Pecheur

Don't .... I can taste that lovely soft skate wing .. beurre noisette .. lovely. Your wine is better than mine.

She needs a bit of cheering up and so I have a nice 30 day air dried sirloin joint coming tomorrow. It's a bit big for one meal. We'll have the full thing on Sunday with the berberena whilst your every need is attended to. Are you going to wear a kilt?

We have our first delivery of Bredon Champagne this year tomorrow. It's actually really good value at full price but is currently half price. Tastes somewhere in between Deutz and LPGS. Only allowed 20 bottles a time so it's in future deliveries as well. That will cheer her up.

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Don't .... I can taste that lovely soft skate wing .. beurre noisette .. lovely. Your wine is better than mine.

She needs a bit of cheering up and so I have a nice 30 day air dried sirloin joint coming tomorrow. It's a bit big for one meal. We'll have the full thing on Sunday with the berberena whilst your every need is attended to. Are you going to wear a kilt?

We have our first delivery of Bredon Champagne this year tomorrow. It's actually really good value at full price but is currently half price. Tastes somewhere in between Deutz and LPGS. Only allowed 20 bottles a time so it's in future deliveries as well. That will cheer her up.

Very nice sirloin,I think beef might be on my plate at Skibo on Sunday otherwise lamb is good now.

The wine list is exceptional.Peter the castle hotel GM has sent me the current list and a special list that my friend the owner has for himself,apparently I have been allowed to drink from it without any extra charge.

I am flying from Biggin Hill on Friday evening.

You land at Inverness and a Skibo Range Rover comes to collect you with an hours road journey otherwise you can jump in a chopper which takes seven minutes if you are in a hurry,I might be with the sight of the wine list

No kilt but I might drink a lot and run around the estate in my mankini shouting hoots mon!

Edited by Mr Luxury

Very nice sirloin,I think beef might be on my plate at Skibo on Sunday otherwise lamb is good now.

The wine list is exceptional.Peter the castle hotel GM has sent me the current list and a special list that my friend the owner has for himself,apparently I have been allowed to drink from it without any extra charge.

I am flying from Biggin Hill on Friday evening.

You land at Inverness and a Skibo Range Rover comes to collect you with an hours road journey otherwise you can jump in a chopper which takes seven minutes if you are in a hurry,I might be with the sight of the wine list

No kilt but I might drink a lot and run around the estate in my mankini shouting hoots mon!

And the kilt?:D

Without extra charge would have me rubbing my hands together! Does that arrangement cover the malt as well? Skibo sounds like the type of place one yearns to be snowed in. Open fires and thick gravy ... candles. Urghhhh!

Still we are contemplating a lovely quiet weekend.

I hope you enjoy yours ..., I'm looking forward to hearing about the food and wine.

:D

And the kilt?:D

Without extra charge would have me rubbing my hands together! Does that arrangement cover the malt as well? Skibo sounds like the type of place one yearns to be snowed in. Open fires and thick gravy ... candles. Urghhhh!

Still we are contemplating a lovely quiet weekend.

I hope you enjoy yours ..., I'm looking forward to hearing about the food and wine.

:D

The system at Skibo is that you just pay for your accommodation after you have paid the 7k a year membership fee.

So food and wine and all extras and sporting things shooting,horse riding, golf are included.

The only pain if you have to fly commercial is that it's from Gatwick to Inverness

Wonderful when you get to the castle though.

Peter Crome is in charge he was at Chewton Glen for years,he is the best hotel manager anywhere in the world.

And that's the opinion of many in the business.not just little ol' me

Edited by Mr Luxury

Did you ever come across Harry Murray? He is also exceptional.

We will never go to Gatwick again .... horrible.

Yes,stayed many times at Lucknam Park

Also stated at The Manor at Castle Combe when in the area.

Tom King lives nearby at Ford,we have had a few dinners at his home.

Another grumpy old sod like you :D

Yes,stayed many times at Lucknam Park

Also stated at The Manor at Castle Combe when in the area.

Tom King lives nearby at Ford,we have had a few dinners at his home.

Another grumpy old sod like you :D

I use to know Harry when he was at The Imperial which was a second home work-wise. He left and the hotel lost it. So much depends on the boss.

The thing with King is never stare into his eyes .....:D