Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Actually it is a shame this post compounds, as in my perception the reverse was true.

No one was rude to you. You were simply asked some reasonable questions following a number of boasts which you seemed to have found increasingly uncomfortable. As I asked direct questions, you seemingly changed your ground to accomodate each new question, and then made some rude comments to both Sophie and I it seemed to avoid answering. I always ask questions to clarify if I either don't agree, or don't understand or if I am otherwise puzzled. To get to the bottom of an issue, one asks questions. That is the courteous thing to do.

Sophie was clearly offended by your posts - as I was - and as far as I know (without your breeding ;) ) a gentleman always apologises unequivocally for any offence caused - intentional or not - rather than blame the offendee (particularly a lady) for causing the offence that was offered.

Happy to push on though.

:)

Thanks for that Jeff,no offence intended to anybody,just a bit of the usual banter that has been going on for years on these boards.I don't always answer questions if I think it appropriate.

I know that you and I are a little thicker skinned than some posters that we have seen on all of the threads.

Let's move on,a new day has begun.

I have a feeling that the hot weather is getting to people in the UK! Reading the above reminds me a bit of a bit of a problem I have just had on the Seadream board, with someone also from the UK, most of which was taken off by Host Dan yesterday.

Maybe we all need to lie down in a darkened room for a while.

I have a feeling that the hot weather is getting to people in the UK! Reading the above reminds me a bit of a bit of a problem I have just had on the Seadream board, with someone also from the UK, most of which was taken off by Host Dan yesterday.

We have thick skin here,where have you been,not seen you joining in the posts :D

No ... considering the number of posts in the thread things are fine here, and posters who have had problesm elsewhere are happy to join us here.

We are a civilised lot.

In fact so civilised, I know you will enjoy the Monet we currently have in the garden.

426DDCEE-018E-459F-8F39-E26C35B85914.jpg

Thanks for the welcome and soothing picture, Jeff. I do follow your thread sometimes, but had noticed the very recent slight 'unpleasantness'. Hope it is now over.

I have tried a few times to get the battered haddock fish fingers from Waitrose, as recommended by you - to no avail, until a couple of days ago there they were, and I had no room in my little freezer and already got that night's dinner sorted out. I will hope they are still there when I shop again, possibly tomorrow. I note they are on offer, probably explaining why the good folks round here, who love a bargain, have been buying them up.

Thanks for the welcome and soothing picture, Jeff. I do follow your thread sometimes, but had noticed the very recent slight 'unpleasantness'. Hope it is now over.

I have tried a few times to get the battered haddock fish fingers from Waitrose, as recommended by you - to no avail, until a couple of days ago there they were, and I had no room in my little freezer and already got that night's dinner sorted out. I will hope they are still there when I shop again, possibly tomorrow. I note they are on offer, probably explaining why the good folks round here, who love a bargain, have been buying them up.

I see you've mentioned this again, and there has not been any significant unpleasentness on the WC. That's the whole idea really. There use to be a lot on this forum some time ago. Those people now seem quieter. It is better now in my view. Perhaps a few rather minor spats in the overall scheme of things there's been nearly 2000 posts in this thread and certainly considerably less than 1% of the posts are in any way sub-prime. I suspect as you hope, it is over.

It would be lovely for you to join the small select group of us here more regularly. There are no formal dress requirements. It's always BYO. It will be a haven if we make it so. Nothing profound required.

Do you think that the fact that I dote on my wife shows through what I put on her plate each day? I hope so.

FD6D590C-7ED2-48A7-A6BB-3D9506E8AB03.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

I see you've mentioned this again, and there has not been any significant unpleasentness on the WC. That's the whole idea really. There use to be a lot on this forum some time ago. Those people now seem quieter. It is better now in my view. Perhaps a few rather minor spats in the overall scheme of things there's been nearly 2000 posts in this thread and certainly considerably less than 1% of the posts are in any way sub-prime. I suspect as you hope, it is over.

It would be lovely for you to join the small select group of us here more regularly. There are no formal dress requirements. It's always BYO. It will be a haven if we make it so. Nothing profound required.

Do you think that the fact that I dote on my wife shows through what I put on her plate each day? I hope so.

FD6D590C-7ED2-48A7-A6BB-3D9506E8AB03.jpg

Lovely Jeff,is that the tandoori

I see that you have a new vin du table,has the Pecheur dried up

Lovely Jeff,is that the tandoori

I see that you have a new vin du table,has the Pecheur dried up

It's tandoori.

Although the car is only a two seater there's nowhere to take stuff up and down with us, and I'm fed up with the bottles. The boot, even with the roof up is enough room for a pair of socks.

This week Ocado offered my NZ Sauvignon boxes at 50% off, making it equivalent to £2.67 per bottle. I bought a dozen boxes. This was our taster box. It's lovely stuff. I love Sauvignon. I have never had a bad one. I love squeezing the last drops out of the bag. The cheaper and colder the better. It means I can fill the car and fill the drinks fridge down there and I have found a small picnic cool bag that fits exactly when on the balcony.

There's still a couple of hundred Pecheurs in the racks bought in quantity when on discount! :)

Evening All,

It's Yorkshire Day today so lots of activity around the county from what l see on the news.

Lovely foodie pics again Jeff, my Ocado dropped this morning and l ordered some Pecheur....which I've yet to try....only to see you've changed to some Kiwi stuff..:rolleyes: how am l supposed to keep up here!!

So all too soon the weekend is here again and already we are in August.....

Sophia :)

It's tandoori.

Although the car is only a two seater there's nowhere to take stuff up and down with us, and I'm fed up with the bottles. The boot, even with the roof up is enough room for a pair of socks.

This week Ocado offered my NZ Sauvignon boxes at 50% off, making it equivalent to £2.67 per bottle. I bought a dozen boxes. This was our taster box. It's lovely stuff. I love Sauvignon. I have never had a bad one. I love squeezing the last drops out of the bag. The cheaper and colder the better. It means I can fill the car and fill the drinks fridge down there and I have found a small picnic cool bag that fits exactly when on the balcony.

There's still a couple of hundred Pecheurs in the racks bought in quantity when on discount! :)

You do seem to have a nose for a bargain,not sure about a nose for wine though:D

I am a firm believer that you should drink what you like whatever the price.I've had some howlers that were expensive and some fantastic stuff that was cheap.

Edited by Mr Luxury

Evening All,

It's Yorkshire Day today so lots of activity around the county from what l see on the news.

Lovely foodie pics again Jeff, my Ocado dropped this morning and l ordered some Pecheur....which I've yet to try....only to see you've changed to some Kiwi stuff..:rolleyes: how am l supposed to keep up here!!

So all too soon the weekend is here again and already we are in August.....

I'm looking forward to hearing about you and Pecheur. Remember, very cold!

Kiwi is merely for Seaside. We're currently drinking more than the car can carry and I can't face Tesco deliveries.

Just noticed that Ocado have just introduced some grass fed lamb breast. Already rolled but can be unrold and re Paxo'd. I've been waiting for lamb breast for some time. Nice and fatty.

I'm looking forward to hearing about you and Pecheur. Remember, very cold!

Kiwi is merely for Seaside. We're currently drinking more than the car can carry and I can't face Tesco deliveries.

Just noticed that Ocado have just introduced some grass fed lamb breast. Already rolled but can be unrold and re Paxo'd. I've been waiting for lamb breast for some time. Nice and fatty.

Pecheur very acceptable will order more! Must start looking at the reds again...they became a tad heavy for some reason...must be my palate changing as l get older! :rolleyes:

A very quiet weekend as usual....just a simple prawn salad for the lodger today...I'm still yet to decide...not in a food mode at present!

Pecheur very acceptable will order more! Must start looking at the reds again...they became a tad heavy for some reason...must be my palate changing as l get older! :rolleyes:

A very quiet weekend as usual....just a simple prawn salad for the lodger today...I'm still yet to decide...not in a food mode at present!

Cheap and fluid ... just like me! :D

21FB4955-61BF-4CB7-8839-C9DA02110BD9.jpg

2FBFEA08-6593-4606-A94F-9F6EB50EE39A.jpg

Sad news tonight Jeff, DJ Mike Smith has passed away and Rick P of Quo has been rushed to hospital.

S

Sad news tonight Jeff, DJ Mike Smith has passed away and Rick P of Quo has been rushed to hospital.

S

Yes, just read about Mike. Very sad, so young and a lovely un-show-bizzy couple.

Also particularly sad news about Rick. Obviously a recurrence of his heart problem. I'll never think of him as "grown up".

Oh dear.:(

Hope Rick will recover, l know you have many memories.

Yes - so do I.

In many ways it's a surprise he has been healthy for so long, and yes I do have many, many memories. The last time I saw him was some months ago at Heathrow in the lounge, and I was surprised he recognised me and we had a chance to talk some "old times". I reminded him of the time at Leyton Baths when they p1££ed off to the pub when they were supposed to be on stage and left me to a very large impatient audience of "rockers" who were looking very grim. A stressful experience to say the least.

After he rushed off for his plane, my wife who is clueless asked who he was.

Bless. :)

Yes - so do I.

In many ways it's a surprise he has been healthy for so long, and yes I do have many, many memories. The last time I saw him was some months ago at Heathrow in the lounge, and I was surprised he recognised me and we had a chance to talk some "old times". I reminded him of the time at Leyton Baths when they p1££ed off to the pub when they were supposed to be on stage and left me to a very large impatient audience of "rockers" who were looking very grim. A stressful experience to say the least.

After he rushed off for his plane, my wife who is clueless asked who he was.

Bless. :)

I'm suspecting it's his heart again. Last time l saw them was in North Wales when l well and truly embarrassed my kids! We were all staying at the same hotel but sadly l didn't see them in person.

I'm suspecting it's his heart again. Last time l saw them was in North Wales when l well and truly embarrassed my kids! We were all staying at the same hotel but sadly l didn't see them in person.

I haven't seen the news yet, but it is almost certainly his heart. I think it was a quad bypass and he has always felt vulnerable after that.

It is probably better you didn't meet him ..... he would have been after you Sophy Gal - like a rat up a drainpipe. He doesn't know how not to chase. You'd have let the kids down!

I think conventional wisdom is that BB King holds the record for concerts but I often wonder whether Quo is very close behind or evfen perhaps ahead.

Hope he pulls through.

I haven't seen the news yet, but it is almost certainly his heart. I think it was a quad bypass and he has always felt vulnerable after that.

It is probably better you didn't meet him ..... he would have been after you Sophy Gal - like a rat up a drainpipe. He doesn't know how not to chase. You'd have let the kids down!

I think conventional wisdom is that BB King holds the record for concerts but I often wonder whether Quo is very close behind or evfen perhaps ahead.

Hope he pulls through.

I'm giggling here....BB King is also one of my favourites! Travelled to Memphis twice to see him....bloody brilliant and a legend.

My kids would have agreed with you Jeff about meeting the Quo in the hotel....l sat in the lobby for a very long time hoping to catch a glimpse....they eventually dragged me up to my room....damn it!

I also hope Rick pulls through.

I'm giggling here....BB King is also one of my favourites! Travelled to Memphis twice to see him....bloody brilliant and a legend.

My kids would have agreed with you Jeff about meeting the Quo in the hotel....l sat in the lobby for a very long time hoping to catch a glimpse....they eventually dragged me up to my room....damn it!

I also hope Rick pulls through.

Shame we didn't post in the '60's you could have come and met them at one of their concerts. This was of course before email and twitters etc and some girls use to write to me old fashioned letters at the clubs and places I worked and a few girls came and met them when they were playing. I always use to reply to letters!

I worship BB King. I have too long fanaticised that I would go to his club, and he'd be sitting in a dark corner and I'd buy him a beer and we'd chat. He seems such a lovely gent. The desire to do that is overwhelming. Sad isn't it. Star struck! I think he is one of the few people I'd meet that would make me go all tongue tied. Did you get to meet him? Please don't say you did, I'd be overwhelmed with jealousy! :)

My youngest son is a talented guitarist, and whenever BB comes over I buy us all tickets and off we go to a concert together.