Transportation from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami Airport

ontariogirl

I am looking for some advice/suggestions for transportation from the Park'n Go location on Eller Drive (just outside Port Everglades) to the Miami Airport in October this year.

We are driving to FL and leaving the car there before we fly out of Miami to Heathrow to take a TA back to FL.

Does anyone know of a reliable car service or know how much it would cost to take a cab from FL to Miami airport?

I have checked with Jiffy Jeffs Transportation which comes highly recommended on these boards, but unfortunately he does not go to the Miami airport!!!

Help......................

QLS and Go Airport Shuttle should make this run for about $35-40+ per person. A taxi on the same run will cost you $85+ If you are not in a hurry you can save $$ by taking a cab to the closest Tri-Rail station - you can ride the train to MIA for $5 or less. Larry's Limo has been suggested often - probably comparable to a cab but a much nicer ride.

Good luck! :)

Thanks both for your suggestions. I will check them out.

QLS and Go Airport Shuttle should make this run for about $35-40+ per person. A taxi on the same run will cost you $85+ If you are not in a hurry you can save $$ by taking a cab to the closest Tri-Rail station - you can ride the train to MIA for $5 or less. Larry's Limo has been suggested often - probably comparable to a cab but a much nicer ride.

Good luck! :)

Reading down the board you will find SAS, QLS and a couple others.

Hi ontariogirl

I travelled in from LHR to MIA and back in May this year. I booked through Airport Transfers direct (http://www.airport-transfers-direct.com/)

I was a single girl travelling alone so whilst the cost of a private transfer was more than a taxi, I was pleased I did it this way for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, after my 9 hour flight including delays at both ends and it taking over 2.5 hours to get through MIA immigration :eek: I was so happy to stroll out into arrivals and see my driver holding my name on a board! He was so friendly and took my suitcase straight off me and insisted on dealing with it. What was nice was not having to find a taxi or waiting for people on a shared shuttle and there had been no issues with him waiting all that time from when the plane arrived to when I actually appeared.

Secondly, the traffic was pretty bad on the way to Fort Lauderdale. Had I been in a taxi, the $80 approximate charge probably would have been much much higher. However, I had a fixed rate, all sorted and no problems!

The pick up to go back to MIA was just as easy. They got me from a hotel I had a day room at and the driver was even kind enough to take a minor detour so I could see a little more on my way out!

I had people suggest the tri-rail to me but being alone and only my second time in Florida, I didn't fancy negotiating that with all my stuff and alone AND after a long flight!

Hope you find something that works well for you :)

Jo

Archived