Stingray tours for family with 2 small kids

BCCL

Hi, can anyone recommend which company should I choose for stingray tour? We have 2 adults, 2 seniors, a 4 year old girl and a 19 months boy. Also, I don't think my parents want to try snorkeling as they don't swim. Therefore, any tour only goes to stingray and other attraction but not snorkel stop?

Thanks for your help.

I won't be able to suggest a company that only does the stingray and beach without a snorkel, but I can tell you this (at least when we went and from others posting their reviews on here that I have read...) after they are done at the sandbar (swimming with the stingrays), they don't go very far to where they snorkel. Everyone jumps back off the boat and snorkels around for maybe 1/2 hour. It's not long at all. So if you didn't find a tour that doesn't snorkel, just know that you're not there for long. We did have 1 of the people in our party that did not snorkel and stayed on the boat and watched us. It was the perfect opportunity to have them take pictures of your snorkeling as well. :) Also most of the tour opperators will go down and bring up conch shells to show everyone on the ship. A lot of them will gather a bunch of conch shells and cut them up and let everyone (that is willing) on the boat to "try" them. Fresh conch. :p

Most of the companies I've seen that do the stingrays-only trips tend to be the larger ship excursions. That's not necessarily a bad thing if that's all you want to do, and if you don't mind a less personalized tour.

However, I'd check the websites of some of the companies mentioned in his forum frequently (Nativeway gets consistently good reviews, for example) and see what their options are.

Archived