Pinnacle on Departure Night?

SilvertoGold

Wondering if anyone has an opinion on booking the Pinnacle on departure night.

We have done this once and it wasn't well done. Everything seemed rushed, food and service. Maybe just a one-off, or is departure day such a hassle for the crew that the kitchen and service isn't up to par?

Thanks!

Many of those first night dinners are complimentary. AmEx Platinum gives free boarding night Pinnacle and perhaps that influences the experience? When there are free dinners for whatever reason, HAL seems to try and channel people there the first night. We never go then as we like to meet our stewards etc and be seated at our regular table.

Many of those first night dinners are complimentary. AmEx Platinum gives free boarding night Pinnacle and perhaps that influences the experience? When there are free dinners for whatever reason, HAL seems to try and channel people there the first night. We never go then as we like to meet our stewards etc and be seated at our regular table.

We are AmEx Platinum how do you know about this perk? I have not heard of this.

Thanks, Sail

The one time we did this, they were no more that about a dozen pax in the Pinnacle the whole time we were there. When we went 3 days later the food was astoundingly better and the service was very good.

I think we won't book departure evening, but I have to say, we will be getting 4 complimentary Pinnacles in 14 days and I am having a hard time fitting them, Caneletto, Formal nights into a plan. This must be why we like longer cruises better!

We are AmEx Platinum how do you know about this perk? I have not heard of this.

Among the perks of Am Ex Platinum is free Pinnacle dinner and it is supposed to be first night but I have heard of them permitting a different night if requested and they are able to accomodate.

It has to be the AmEx Platinum card that is not joined with any other. It can't be a Costco or any other combination card. This is the one that has annual membership fee of something like $450. You can go to their website and read all the benefits.

Yes, Amex platinum offers the first night free Pinnacle dinner, can be used for Tamirand also on NA and Eurodam. I have never found the first night dining experience at either restaurant different than any other night except that it is usually very quiet and not crowded. Sometimes they allow this perk to be used for a different night, sometimes not, in my experience.

I have booked the PG for the first night for a number of HAL cruises. The selection of tables is your choice. The waitstaff is not overwhelmed. It is also a chance to build a rapport with the Manager/staff for a good table later in the week.

The service is under one hour for a table for two which leaves time to get to an early show.

I have found no difference in the quality of the food from one evening to another.

If I may make a suggestion.......

Soon after you board, verify your reservation with Pinnacle Manager just to be sure they are expecting your large party.

Doesn't hurt to be 'safe'. :)

Have a great time.

If I may make a suggestion.......

Soon after you board, verify your reservation with Pinnacle Manager just to be sure they are expecting your large party.

Doesn't hurt to be 'safe'. :)

Have a great time.

Thank you for your suggestion. Although we were required to send in a form with names and stateroom numbers as well as payment, we will certainly verify. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Archived