Best place to buy Jade

ringmaster

Get the list of stores from the shopping person, then find a store not listed :)

Do not let the ship's shopping person tout you to go shop in a store that may be owned by the cruise line or is paying a percentage back to the shopping 'expert'.

Study up on Alaska jade before you go to Alaska and beware of pieces mounted with a lot of overpriced gold.

My experience with Jade in Alaska is that most of it is from BC (best) or Asian.(?)

Several stores will advertize Cassiar Jade. That's an area slightly further north in BC on the other side of the Alaskan panhandle.

The pieces that I have obtained from that area on my own rank as #1 in my opinion. So A reputable jeweler in BC would be my recommendation.

But all those wee polar bears are sure cute and some of them do amazing things to each other.

My experience with Jade in Alaska is that most of it is from BC (best) or Asian.(?)

Several stores will advertize Cassiar Jade. That's an area slightly further north in BC on the other side of the Alaskan panhandle.

The pieces that I have obtained from that area on my own rank as #1 in my opinion. So A reputable jeweler in BC would be my recommendation.

But all those wee polar bears are sure cute and some of them do amazing things to each other.

The place I listed above has their mine in Northern British Columbia and has stores also in Vancouver and Victoria.

It has been many years since I've seen jade jewelry for sale in Alaska which was made from Alaskan jade. At least 99% of the jade jewelry I've seen for sale in SE Alaska was either from Asia or British Columbia. About a decade or so ago I did see some Alaskan jade carvings for sale in Stephens Gallery in Anchorage.

Archived