Silver Shadow Executive Chef and Cruise Consultant

ScottToronto

Good morning,

As everyone knows, we board the Silver Shadow on September 5th (Voyage 3327).

I just found out the name of the Executive Chef and Cruise Consultant. I don't believe we've ever sailed with them before. Has anyone sailed with them? I heard many negative comments on the last Chef Janine, look forward to discovering the culinary skills of Maro. Please share any information you may have.

Maro Martinez Guillermo Executive Chef

Asta Buckiunaite Cruise Consultant

Thanks,

Scotttoronto

Don't know anything about the chef, but I imagine he has been had-picked to turn things around.

Asta was one of the International Hostesses on the Cloud last month. She spent a lot of her "free" time training with the cruise consultant for her pending transfer to the Shadow. She is a delightful person, and I predict she will be an excellent cruise consultant.

Bogey

ScottToronto,

that is an interesting tidbit of information...

We will board the Shadow (for 3328) when you disembark. Our TA told us, as I asked after the June 17th fiasco, that we would find on board

- Captain: deStefano

- Hotel Director: Helmut Huber and or Martin Blanar (based on the recent postings I will be surprised if HH is on...)

- F&B Director: Sujith Mornan

- Chef: Janine Fourie and Anne-Marie Cornelius.

Now maybe the chef disembarks with you and Janine re-boards...?

MJN1,

Good evening from Toronto,

I heard Janine left on vacation or more. I'm not sure when or if she'll be back. Helmut is also on vacation or more. Martin Blanir will definitely be the Hotel Director for our voyage and yours. I've been in personal contact with him. I received this information directly from my TA informing us that Maro will be the executive chef and Asta will be the Cruise consultant. The Maitre D will be Valentina, the Head Waiter will be Rommel Santos and the Cruise Director will be Kirk Detwiller.

We look forward to boarding the Shadow in 3 weeks.

Kind regards,

ScottToronto

Quote: I heard Janine left on vacation or more. Helmut is also on vacation or more.

ScottToronto,

good morning from Austria. This makes sense. SS has been quite guarded about who was in charge on June 17th, but based on various posts and your info it should be pretty clear by now who the chef and Hotel Director were at that time. ;)

I am pretty confident that this issue is now behind us and that you and us will have a great cruise! :)

We were on the Shadow in May Tokyo to Anchorage and not impressed with HH his people skills were non existent compared to the wonderful Paulo on the Spirit.Valentina is a very good Maitre D we were making our restaurant bookings and a very loud man in front of us tried to demand a booking for La Terraza every evening and she politely told him she could only give him a couple of bookings she always greeted us with a smile.

ScottToronto -- Martin was the HD on our Whisper cruise last year and the Spirit in January. Great guy! I would like to get in touch with him but Silversea gave me an incorrect email address for him. Do you have one?

Jaci

ScottToronto -- Martin was the HD on our Whisper cruise last year and the Spirit in January. Great guy! Jaci

I second that. I have been with him on several cruises, and he really wants to do whatever he can -- note, CC members, within reason! -- to ensure that the large hotel operation runs smoothly. He is, of course, often in his office, with an open door. But he can also reliably be found around 7 am stopping by Panorama (on whatever ship) for a morning espresso.

Archived