What's Hollywood Beach like?

CocoaMom

Stayed in Ft Lauderdale / Miami many times, but now looking for something a bit different.

Family - 2 adults, 2 (21 yr olds) and 2 little (7 & 9 yr olds). Will be staying a few days prior to a cruise. I'm looking for on the beach, kitchen and hopefully grills on the property. Pool would be a plus, but not mandatory. I will have a car, but would like to be in an area that we (or the 21 year olds) can walk or have something to do. Mom & Pop places are fine by me since I'm not looking to stay in a hotel room. Would love a 2 bedroom, but willing to book (2) 1 bedroom suites or something for the 6 of us. So having said that, my research has led me to discover Hollywood Beach - and I never see mention of it here.

For those that have stayed (or know about the area) would you please tell me if I'm on the right track with my search? Is it a nice beach and is it an area that meets the needs I described? And if anyone could suggest a beachfront place with a kitchen, min 1 bedroom etc., let me know. Thanks!

Stayed in Ft Lauderdale / Miami many times, but now looking for something a bit different.

Family - 2 adults, 2 (21 yr olds) and 2 little (7 & 9 yr olds). Will be staying a few days prior to a cruise. I'm looking for on the beach, kitchen and hopefully grills on the property. Pool would be a plus, but not mandatory. I will have a car, but would like to be in an area that we (or the 21 year olds) can walk or have something to do. Mom & Pop places are fine by me since I'm not looking to stay in a hotel room. Would love a 2 bedroom, but willing to book (2) 1 bedroom suites or something for the 6 of us. So having said that, my research has led me to discover Hollywood Beach - and I never see mention of it here.

For those that have stayed (or know about the area) would you please tell me if I'm on the right track with my search? Is it a nice beach and is it an area that meets the needs I described? And if anyone could suggest a beachfront place with a kitchen, min 1 bedroom etc., let me know. Thanks!

Hi, I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach this past May. It was my first time in Hollywood--we, too, were looking for something different as we usually stay in Ft. Lauderdale/Lauderdale By the Sea, or Miami.

I liked it, but...not as much as Ft. Lauderdale. It's a different atmosphere, didn't feel as clean as Ft. Lauderdale Beach and we didn't care for the broadwalk all that much. We did see a ton of families enjoying it and riding bikes, getting ice cream, pizza, etc.

Basically, we had a great time (We were staying pre-cruise) but it wasn't our favorite area. However, I went with my parents and no little kids, so your trip may be different.

If you don't choose Hollywood, have you ever thought about Lauderdale By the Sea? It's our favorite area :)

I don't know about Hollywood Beach, but you're describing to a T the High Noon resort in Lauderdale By the Sea. The problem you might run into is the peak time of year of the year they stay pretty full with long term snowbirds.

The narrator in this video is a bit cheesy sounding, but video is worth a million words...

We have never stayed in Hollywood, but our needs are similar to yours. Two families, with young adults ages 19-23. We have decided to try Walk About Beach Resort. We have reserved rooms there for our pre cruise stay next May. The reviews on Trip Advisor are excellent.

Teri

I've personally never stayed on Hollywood beach, but my daughter has and we've visited the boardwalk/beach many times. Overall everyone likes it. Water is beautiful, lots of places to eat around the board walk. Ever has nightly entertainment. Bike rentals, life guards and so on.

Like any board walk you get some weirdos, but there is security and have never had an issue.

See lots of family's with older kids and little kids.

We enjoy it and go there a couple times a year.

We always stay in Hollywood. The Riptide Hotel http://riptidehotel.com/ fits your description. It has a mini kitchen with a full size fridge, a Tiki Bar, gas grills, restaurant on site, beach towels and chairs to use and bicycles to ride. Has movies to use in the lobby and live music every day. I can tell you a store that has great meats for your cook outs that is about 15 mins. away.

We have stayed at the Rip Tide for a more lengthy stay (not in conjunction with a cruise). Found it comfortable, clean, affordable and convenient. It's not shi-shi foo-foo pretentious and just an over all great place to stay.

We have stayed at the Rip Tide for a more lengthy stay (not in conjunction with a cruise). Found it comfortable, clean, affordable and convenient. It's not shi-shi foo-foo pretentious and just an over all great place to stay.

I like that they have live music most of the day. We sit outside the room drinking beer taking the music and all of the people watching. We love it there.

How is it for just killing a few hours post-cruise?

Our flight home isn't until 6:55 pm...and RCCL offers an excursion which, basically, looks like transportation to Hollywood, Luggage Storage and a 4:00 pm ride to the airport...for $35 pp...

Would we be just as bored there as at the airport?

How is it for just killing a few hours post-cruise?

Our flight home isn't until 6:55 pm...and RCCL offers an excursion which, basically, looks like transportation to Hollywood, Luggage Storage and a 4:00 pm ride to the airport...for $35 pp...

Would we be just as bored there as at the airport?

Here's a Travelzoo Deal for you from the Taco Beach Shack for only $25...

The Deal

"You'll barely notice you've strayed from the ocean," at Taco Beach Shack, winner of Best Outdoor Dining 2013 by the Broward-Palm Beach New Times. The menu, created by Dwyane Wade's former personal chef, "rises above the usual Tex-Mex" (Sun Sentinel), and dinner for two with a pitcher of sangria is $25, regularly $56.

Grab a seat on the rooftop, sidewalk patio or in the tented outdoor lounge and order:

Chips with guacamole and pico de gallo to share

Any two entrees, like the grilled mahi taco combo that the Miami Herald called its "favorite dish." Or, order any combination of a la carte items like tacos, quesadillas or burritos (up to $16.50 per person)

Pitcher of sangria, made in-house with fresh fruit

http://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/Fort-Lauderdale/Restaurant/62796

Here's a Travelzoo Deal for you from the Taco Beach Shack for only $25...

The Deal

"You'll barely notice you've strayed from the ocean," at Taco Beach Shack, winner of Best Outdoor Dining 2013 by the Broward-Palm Beach New Times. The menu, created by Dwyane Wade's former personal chef, "rises above the usual Tex-Mex" (Sun Sentinel), and dinner for two with a pitcher of sangria is $25, regularly $56.

Grab a seat on the rooftop, sidewalk patio or in the tented outdoor lounge and order:

Chips with guacamole and pico de gallo to share

Any two entrees, like the grilled mahi taco combo that the Miami Herald called its "favorite dish." Or, order any combination of a la carte items like tacos, quesadillas or burritos (up to $16.50 per person)

Pitcher of sangria, made in-house with fresh fruit

http://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/Fort-Lauderdale/Restaurant/62796

Sounds so good!!

Archived