110% single supplement Allure/Oasis! Big Error?

This weeks Tuesday sale (http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf)shows 110% single supplements on the listed Allure & Oasis cruises!!! :eek:

Wow! I never saw that low a supplement for solo cruising before. Wonder if it's a mistake? :confused: Must be! :p

But just imagine... Let's pick the 9/22 Allure cruise with a B2 balcony going for $749 (or a D3 for $849) on the Tuesday sale. And let's say you and spouse are at least Platinum and want to go on this cruise. Well if you get two cabins, you each pay the single supplement but each will get the balcony discount!! Just picture adjoining cabins, two bathrooms, and $150 cheaper than if you booked just one together.

Yep, must be a mistake. Probably single supplement rate applies only to solo starfish cruisers. ...sigh...

~ Judy

:cool:

This weeks Tuesday sale (http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf)shows 110% single supplements on the listed Allure & Oasis cruises!!! :eek:

Wow! I never saw that low a supplement for solo cruising before. Wonder if it's a mistake? :confused: Must be! :p

But just imagine... Let's pick the 9/22 Allure cruise with a B2 balcony going for $749 (or a D3 for $849) on the Tuesday sale. And let's say you and spouse are at least Platinum and want to go on this cruise. Well if you get two cabins, you each pay the single supplement but each will get the balcony discount!! Just picture adjoining cabins, two bathrooms, and $150 cheaper than if you booked just one together.

Yep, must be a mistake. Probably single supplement rate applies only to solo starfish cruisers. ...sigh...

~ Judy

I saw that on Friday. It did not dawn on me until later in the day. I had to go back and look at it again. Do you think it is for real? My DH and I are getting ready to book this on Monday. I am seriously tempted to get 2 cabins with our discount. The bathroom idea is awesome!! It would also allow us to buy just on premium drink package. I do not think I want one this time. It might be a hard sell for him, we shall see!!!

Jodi

I think it is a "for real" mistake BUT it would be interesting to see what happens if you try to book it. A platinum balcony discount would more than offset the single supplement. What would the savings be for diamond+ cruisers? Even if the cabins weren't adjoining, it would still be cheaper to book two and use one. :)

~ Judy

I think it is a "for real" mistake BUT it would be interesting to see what happens if you try to book it. A platinum balcony discount would more than offset the single supplement. What would the savings be for diamond+ cruisers? Even if the cabins weren't adjoining, it would still be cheaper to book two and use one. :)

~ Judy

Judy,

I know you are right!! A D+ balcony discount is $225 per cabin!!! We really want an ocean view balcony. I am going to go back and take a look. This cruise apparently is still pretty available. Maybe it is for real?? Is there a Florida rate for this one?? I am so jealous of that!!! Seriously, this could really be advantageous for us... 2 diamond plus amenities, 4 bottles of wine we could bring on and my husband could order his premium drink package, which I do not want this time(my liver has been over worked this summer):eek:

It is for real. Go to the 17th of August sailing of Oasis and do a single 'dummy' booking. They actually have a 'weekend sale' on right now that is better than the Tuesday sale and also offered the 110%.

I had only checked the 2 August sailings.

The Inside Z comes to a single cruise fare of $598, Y Ocean-view $713 and the X Balcony guarantee is just $770.

I am Platinum and when you take off the $75 last minute Balcony C&A Discount that is just $695.

My only problem would be is that they are gty balconies. I'm sure there is no way we could score 2 connecting or beside each other. That would be tough.

I am going to contact my sister, who is single and see if she would like to join us!! I still may consider this, what a great deal!

Jodi

Well the 9/22 Allure sailing has D3 and D4 on the Tuesday sale. Didn't check the prices for today. But both Oasis and Allure have Florida resident rates for August and September.

Wow! Still can't believe that the 110% is for real! This is really a great deal especially with diamond plus balcony discount!

Judy

The only catch would be that they have clearly stated that these sale fares are for new bookings only.

I hope they start doing offers like this more often last minute as it is quite good revenue generated once onboard.

With this savings, I will now try to do the behind the scenes tour for $150 and then the Beverage and Dining Package and then add a Cozumel excursion at $113 and so on....They can spread us out around the ship and dining room and guarantee gratuities for more staff for cabins that would have otherwise went empty.

It actually makes quite good business sense on cruises that have a lot of inventory remaining close in.

Then they cleared my Balcony by offering a W guarantee that many others jumped on and thus also generated more revenue as well. Of course, I would love a W with a low single supplement, but that will not happen.

Those are some amazing prices!! I could go in a balcony gty this Sat. for less than $700!! If it wasn't for dealing with a sick animal right now I'd be packing....oh well..pay's to keep watching...maybe another time...:(

I was also going to say it is a shame RCI do not go this low I have cruised twice with them and they have been my favourite so far ( sailed as a couple)but the high solo supplements for European sailings mean I cannot choose them now :(

I understand what you are saying. They did have some great offers in Europe this past year though. I consider a great single offer in Europe though to be between 25% and 45%, which is the range of the four RCI sailings I have booked in Europe in the past 14 months. That said, those offers maybe were not open to UK. Swiss pricing goes through the German office.

I was actually considering Liberty or Serenade or Legend for the same week I just booked. While Liberty has over 150 cabins available for the sailing I wanted the price for this Tuesday actually went up from last week and with the 75% supplement, it would have been almost twice what I paid for Oasis in an Balcony for an inside on Liberty. A balcony would have been more than 3 times the cruise fare I paid for this sailing. I realize September is peak season in Europe though, while September is the start of Hurricane season in the Caribbean.

I have sailed often with MSC and will post info on another thread later about solo travel with them. It is a hard sell to get Royal enthusiasts to switch over to them though.

My only problem would be is that they are gty balconies. I'm sure there is no way we could score 2 connecting or beside each other. That would be tough.

I am going to contact my sister, who is single and see if she would like to join us!! I still may consider this, what a great deal!

Jodi

There are a LOT of connecting D3 ocean view balconies available for 9/22 Allure (only one I checked). Tuesday sale price $849 plus $85 single supplement less $225 diamond+ balcony discount per cabin equals $709 per solo fare plus the extra wine and diamond gift the second cabin would bring.

I'm still platinum but would grab this if just DH and I could cruise this time of year.

Judy

~ Judy

I am puzzled by the math. A supplement is an additional charge. If you have a 10% supplement, the solo traveller would pay the pp charge plus 10 %. A 110% supplement mean paying the pp charge plus 110%.

So, if the per person charge, based on double occupancy is $500, a 110% supplement means the solo cruiser is charged $1050. Is this such a bargain or am I missing something?

I am puzzled by the math. A supplement is an additional charge. If you have a 10% supplement, the solo traveller would pay the pp charge plus 10 %. A 110% supplement mean paying the pp charge plus 110%.

So, if the per person charge, based on double occupancy is $500, a 110% supplement means the solo cruiser is charged $1050. Is this such a bargain or am I missing something?

In your scenario a 110% supplement on a $500 cruise would be $550

I understand what you are saying, and your math is good, but that's not the convention used in the cruise industry. A 110% single supplement means the single pays the per person double occupancy charge times 1.1. Probably not the precise way for Royal to state it, but that's how it works.

There is another website for scanning the sea for cruise offers that when you put in a single shows you the single percentage. There is another website for people that are often on the go that list single offers and show the supplement as a single. (can not refer to other websites here)

RCI does not show the supplement percentages anywhere else than on the flyer that comes out every Thursday evening. It is very clear that at 110% you are paying 1.10 times the single fare, so that becomes 110% of what you would have paid per person and then add the single tax and fee amount.

I understand what you are saying, and your math is good, but that's not the convention used in the cruise industry. A 110% single supplement means the single pays the per person double occupancy charge times 1.1. Probably not the precise way for Royal to state it, but that's how it works.

I am taking a solo cruise in Nov. and I am paying a 40% supplement. Perhaps it's semantics, but the convention you describe would mean a supplement could never be less than 100%.

The only catch would be that they have clearly stated that these sale fares are for new bookings only.

I hope they start doing offers like this more often last minute as it is quite good revenue generated once onboard.

With this savings, I will now try to do the behind the scenes tour for $150 and then the Beverage and Dining Package and then add a Cozumel excursion at $113 and so on....They can spread us out around the ship and dining room and guarantee gratuities for more staff for cabins that would have otherwise went empty.

It actually makes quite good business sense on cruises that have a lot of inventory remaining close in.

Then they cleared my Balcony by offering a W guarantee that many others jumped on and thus also generated more revenue as well. Of course, I would love a W with a low single supplement, but that will not happen.

Brad, in Cozumel, join us on the Cozumel Bar Hop! ;)

Brad, in Cozumel, join us on the Cozumel Bar Hop! ;)

Thanks for the offer, but believe it or not with all my travels, I have never visited Mayan ruins and am actually thinking of doing that very long excursion there.

I am taking a solo cruise in Nov. and I am paying a 40% supplement. Perhaps it's semantics, but the convention you describe would mean a supplement could never be less than 100%.

Correct, it's a matter of semantics, and Royal choose to use a baseline of 100%. I think if they use the word "supplement", it already implies a base of 100%, so your way of saying 40% supplement would make more sense to me, semantically.

These sailings offering 110% single supplement are not listed today when I go into the C and A section of their website.

I just called RCL and they do not see them anywhere either. They are not even showing any of the Oasis/Allure sailings at all.

WHAT!!!:rolleyes::eek::confused:

They will look into it and call me back after 9am

These sailings offering 110% single supplement are not listed today when I go into the C and A section of their website.

I just called RCL and they do not see them anywhere either. They are not even showing any of the Oasis/Allure sailings at all.

WHAT!!!:rolleyes::eek::confused:

They will look into it and call me back after 9am

I, too, noticed they are missing from the C&A section of the website. Maybe they thought better of that pricing structure. Let us know what you find after 9.

Archived