Drinks package and QSine

amberben

One point to note, I believe it has to do with the drink package that you have.

If you have the classic drink package, then I don't believe you can order any of their special drinks without paying the full price. If you have the premium package, you only pay the difference between the max of 12.00 and the cost of the drink.

I believe I has a drink there that was 13.00 and was charged 1.00 since I had the premium.

Wine, beer and non alcoholic drinks can definitely be used; there have been sporadic reports that at times people have been told the special cocktails Qsine has are not covered by packages. Not sure if this is still occurring.

Wine, beer and non alcoholic drinks can definitely be used; there have been sporadic reports that at times people have been told the special cocktails Qsine has are not covered by packages. Not sure if this is still occurring.

That is kind of interesting if its true. The specialty restaurants do have their own wine lists and you may have to ask if you want a lower cost wine (by the glass) not on list. As far as cocktails...if the waiter told us we could not get a cocktail (specialty or otherwise) we would simply leave the restaurant, go to a bar, get what we wanted, and return to the restaurant. And we would quietly mention to the Maitre d that we would not forget this inconvenience when we completed our cruise evaluation form (this is very important to the staff). Any by the way, DW and I love Qsine and dine there at least once when we are on a ship that has the venue.

Hank

I had the premium package last year, and the wine I had in Qsine was covered. Now, I didn't pick it, so I don't know what the price was. The sommelier in Qsine actually happened to be the wife of my sommelier in the MDR who had been taking great care of me, so I just had her make the choices. And they were wonderful.

That is kind of interesting if its true. The specialty restaurants do have their own wine lists and you may have to ask if you want a lower cost wine (by the glass) not on list. As far as cocktails...if the waiter told us we could not get a cocktail (specialty or otherwise) we would simply leave the restaurant, go to a bar, get what we wanted, and return to the restaurant. And we would quietly mention to the Maitre d that we would not forget this inconvenience when we completed our cruise evaluation form (this is very important to the staff). Any by the way, DW and I love Qsine and dine there at least once when we are on a ship that has the venue.

Hank

It definitely was true; just not sure if it is still occurring. Some time back (when packages were new) it happened to me - I did not have a package so no big deal. There have been several threads since that time where people were told one would have to pay full price for the special Qsine cocktails even if they had the premium package. There have also been reports of people just being required to pay the difference if the drink was over $12. Have not noticed a thread on this topic for the past several months, so not sure if it is ever still an issue.

Edit: Here is a link to a thread with more information on this; the thread is a bit over a year old, so again not sure if it still an issue: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1567431&highlight=qsine+drink+package

... there have been sporadic reports that at times people have been told the special cocktails Qsine has are not covered by packages...

We were told on our Eclipse Caribbean cruise last March that the special Qsine cocktails were not covered by the packages. This didn't phase me as no one in our group had alcoholic packages. The did honor our non-alcoholic packages and I had the impression that the alcoholic packages were good for alcoholic beverages other than the special Qsine cocktails.

Frankly, if we had the appropriate package and they told we couldn't use it for a cocktail that was within the package limits I would have voiced a strong complaint to the restaurant management and up the ladder if that didn't get results. The beverage packages are expensive and there is no indication in the package description that items such as this would be, nor could be, excluded.

If you have the Premium Package, would that cover the drinks in Qsine?

See my post above and the one above that by Gonzo. The issue is that the premuium package is supposed to cover every alcoholic beverage sold on board that is $12 or under, and the first $12 of all above that price, as long as it isn't from room service or the mini bar. But for some reason Qsine sometimes claims it does not cover their special "Qsine" cocktails even though they should be covered in my opinion. All alcoholic drinks there other than the special Qsine Cocktails would be covered just as they would be elsewhere on the ship. From the posts above I'm guessing this is not consistent and there might not be an issue on some ships or depending on the management in place for a particular cruise.

Had the premium drink package on my Summit cruise last June and this past June.

Ate in Qsine both sailings, ordered the special sangria they make there and it was included both times as part of the package.

The cost was $13 per glass, last year the waiter didn't charge us the $1 difference (we had 8 glasses between 4 people)

This year we were charged the overage ($4 for 4 glasses between 2 people)

We sailed on Infinity in July and were told the specialty cocktails were not included in the premium package and there was no option to pay the up charge. The wine by the glass was available but service was beyond awful.

Archived