Soda Question

Is that self serve... Or do you need to go to a bar. I love the soda package... But I always seem to be bothering the bartender when asking for a drink.

No, not serve serve, the wait staff would serve you. I believe Carol took the photo during a tour of the galley area. The photo shows the soda package choices available in the Main Dining Room.

Is that self serve... Or do you need to go to a bar. I love the soda package... But I always seem to be bothering the bartender when asking for a drink.

In the MDR, your waiter will bring your soda to you.

No, not serve serve, the wait staff would serve you. I believe Carol took the photo during a tour of the galley area. The photo shows the soda package choices available in the Main Dining Room.

Got it. You seem to be answering all my soda questions tonight. Lol. Thanks. Sounds like nothing has changed since my last trip on royal. Hoping they get the freestyle machines. I don't drink soda anymore - been "sober" from side for 3 years, 7 months and 12 days 21 hrs and 35 min :). But, my son loves a sprite now and then and it adds up,,, so the soda package seems to still be a good deal. I just hate the attitude when you ask ( not in all cases, but in many case). They are psyched to take the money and sell the package... And happy to share the tips on the package... But not all that happy to take time away from serving someone where they will make another tip... Which I understand... So the freestyle... With the RFID.... Would solve the problem... And would actually allow me to get the package... Because they have poweraid, etc as opposed to soda only.

Thanks, I was debating whether to get the soda package, but I primarily drink coke zero and I don't think it is worth it having to go to the freestyle machines for it all the time.

Coke zero... Yum! ( see my previous post). I got hooked on it a few years ago... I was drinking a case... Year a case 24... A day.. While at work... Then more at night... Holy cow.. That was a ton of soda! Stopped cold turkey for New Years and haven't looked back. Would kill for a cold zero right about now though! :)

Yes, from the galley tour. Very much out of reach of the passengers. :)

I always purchased a soda card for daughter and Grandson, but never purchased one for myself. I'm more of an Iced Tea person. Our last cruise started after spending a few days in Rome with "Light Coke"..It was ridiculous, but I almost pushed people out of my way to sign up for a soda card (lol). The Light Coke had a funny taste and by the time I got to the ship, I was absolutely obsessed with getting a DIET Coke! Best purchase on the ship was my diet coke card.

Oh, I'm so glad you posted that picture. I forgot that the ginger ale in the dining room is not Seagrams which is the Coke product and available in the Freestyle machines. Younger DS knows the difference and will have a package when we cruise in under 2 weeks, so I'll make sure he stops with his soda cup and fills up at a machine before dinner so he has what he likes. I myself don't like diet soda from the guns as it tastes completely different than from the can (I always believed that they used a different type of sweetener or a different level in the guns than the cans) so I never get a package.

Archived