Timing MDR and Theater Showtimes?

lopat08865

DW and I are stepping up in class for our first Celebrity cruise on the Constellation in December, and are SO looking forward to it. Never having cruised Celebrity, we're trying to learn all we can beforehand.

We've always done early seating for the MDR, and proceeded from there to the theater for the evening's entertainment. Is this timing going to be the same on Celebrity?

I believe I've read that the show for the late seating is BEFORE dinner? And that the show for the early seating is still scheduled after that seating, so that means the showtimes are going to be something like 7:00 [for late seating] and 8:30 [for early seating]?

PS: Any other information or advice regarding evening entertainment would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

DW and I are stepping up in class for our first Celebrity cruise on the Constellation in December, and are SO looking forward to it. Never having cruised Celebrity, we're trying to learn all we can beforehand.

We've always done early seating for the MDR, and proceeded from there to the theater for the evening's entertainment. Is this timing going to be the same on Celebrity?

I believe I've read that the show for the late seating is BEFORE dinner? And that the show for the early seating is still scheduled after that seating, so that means the showtimes are going to be something like 7:00 [for late seating] and 8:30 [for early seating]?

PS: Any other information or advice regarding evening entertainment would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Times might vary, but are set to early and late seating. Sometimes the late seating goes to the early show, usually the early seating goes to the early show.

All cruise lines work and schedule the same. It wouldn't make any sense to have dining times conflict with the show times as most passengers do attend the shows plus they aren't going to miss a meal. They will publish in the paper the show times designated for both dining groups. If you have select dining you can do your own scheduling.

Never missed a show or a dinner because of them conflicting on any cruise line. The problem is if you wait until the last minute to enter the theater for the popular shows you may not get a seat and then you have those that need to see the show twice and don't leave.

You are correct the early dinner seating in MDR is 6 and the show for the late dinner seating starts at 7. We were able to make the 7 pm showtime by letting the servers know that was our preference and we wanted to have dinner in 1 hour. We usually skipped desert to make it easier and less rushed, and then had dessert and coffee in the buffet after the show.

...I believe I've read that the show for the late seating is BEFORE dinner? And that the show for the early seating is still scheduled after that seating, so that means the showtimes are going to be something like 7:00 [for late seating] and 8:30 [for early seating]?...

This is more or less correct except that I believe the show for early seating is a little later than 8:30. Also, on most formal nights and occasionally on other nights the show for late seating is after dinner around 10PM rather than before dinner.

Sometimes the late seating goes to the early show, usually the early seating goes to the early show.

Thanks! LSimon clarifies the "sometimes" logic below

They will publish in the paper the show times designated for both dining groups. If you have select dining you can do your own scheduling ... The problem is if you wait until the last minute to enter the theater for the popular shows you may not get a seat ...

Thanks! Good to know!

We were able to make the 7 pm showtime by letting the servers know that was our preference and we wanted to have dinner in 1 hour. We usually skipped desert to make it easier and less rushed, and then had dessert and coffee in the buffet after the show.

That's an option I hadn't considered. Thanks!

... I believe the show for early seating is a little later than 8:30. Also, on most formal nights and occasionally on other nights the show for late seating is after dinner around 10PM rather than before dinner.

Thanks! Stumbled across some Millenium Alaska Dailies and it seems the big production shows [formal nights] were 8:30 and 10:45pm while other days were 7:00 and 9:00pm. So their early seating is presumed to attend 8:30pm show on formal night and 9:00pm show other nights. Late seating presumed to attend 10:45pm on formal night[s[ and 7:00pm show other nights. Little confusing, but makes sense. Also seems like 10:45pm formal night production shows may be more crowded owing to the fact that some late seating passengers may skip the 7:00pm show and instead try to make the 10:45 show.

Thanks! LSimon clarifies the "sometimes" logic below

Thanks! Good to know!

That's an option I hadn't considered. Thanks!

Thanks! Stumbled across some Millenium Alaska Dailies and it seems the big production shows [formal nights] were 8:30 and 10:45pm while other days were 7:00 and 9:00pm. So their early seating is presumed to attend 8:30pm show on formal night and 9:00pm show other nights. Late seating presumed to attend 10:45pm on formal night[s[ and 7:00pm show other nights. Little confusing, but makes sense. Also seems like 10:45pm formal night production shows may be more crowded owing to the fact that some late seating passengers may skip the 7:00pm show and instead try to make the 10:45 show.

You might want to check you calculations/last statement. There is no 7 PM show on formal nights it is the 10:45 PM. (As you said) Unless you meant that the early diners would skip the 8:30 PM show and go to the 10:45 PM show on formal nights. IMO this is not likely.

Select dining does give you some flexibility, but it is hard to dine at 7:30 PM and still make the show except on formal night. You can certainly make the early show on non formal night and dine after the show.

When you use Select Dining, it gets tricky. The show times are geared to the schedule of Traditional Dining times.

Not that tricky. We do Select Dining and usually come to dinner about half an hour after early seating. Select Dining has, in our experience, always been much faster service, so we always make the show.

If we decide we want a later dinner, we go to the first show, which is for late seating, then have our dinner.

We have never missed a show we wanted to see.

BTW, if you are Elite and want good service at the "event" get there just as the early dining people are leaving.

You might want to check you calculations/last statement. There is no 7 PM show on formal nights it is the 10:45 PM. (As you said) Unless you meant that the early diners would skip the 8:30 PM show and go to the 10:45 PM show on formal nights. IMO this is not likely.

Oops. Yes, that was what I meant, and yes, that doesn't seem likely. Thanks!

Archived