Revised Smoking Policy

cruzmaven

I actually think this is worse than the old policy. Banning smoking in staterooms just means that smokers will use their verandas more. And, if you happen to be next door to a smoker, good luck enjoying your veranda.

I am going to guess that you have never occupied a cabin right after a smoker occupied it on the sailing prior to yours. We have. It's disgusting. And yes, we demanded that the room be cleaned, but they can only do so much. Also, the ship was full, so we couldn't move. We boycotted that cruise line (not Seabourn) until they changed the policy this year.

And you also think allowing smoking in the cabins will result in smoke-free verandas?

Oceania has the right idea: one indoor (lounge) and one outdoor (public deck) space for smokers. That's it.

People have a right to risk their own health and well-being at their own expense; they do not have the right to put others at risk and increase the cost of healthcare for the entire country.

I am going to guess that you have never occupied a cabin right after a smoker occupied it on the sailing prior to yours. We have. It's disgusting. And yes, we demanded that the room be cleaned, but they can only do so much. Also, the ship was full, so we couldn't move. We boycotted that cruise line (not Seabourn) until they changed the policy this year.

And you also think allowing smoking in the cabins will result in smoke-free verandas?

Oceania has the right idea: one indoor (lounge) and one outdoor (public deck) space for smokers. That's it.

People have a right to risk their own health and well-being at their own expense; they do not have the right to put others at risk and increase the cost of healthcare for the entire country.

It is disappointing that you did not make the effort to look at my other comments on the subject of smoking. Had you done that, you may have gained a better understanding as to what 'I think".

It is disappointing that you did not make the effort to look at my other comments on the subject of smoking. Had you done that, you may have gained a better understanding as to what 'I think".

You're right. One really needs to read the whole thread before commenting. It doesn't help if there are extremists on either side.

Archived