Group rates

Tagong

Price doesn't really vary, and my understanding (as you indicate) is RCI considers a "group" as 8 double occupancy staterooms under a common booking.

The only stateroom rate change that I am aware of is that with every 8 staterooms booked with double occupancy in a given category, 1 passenger's fare is credited. Which means you would book 16 people at the rate for 15, or essentially receive 1/16th off each passenger's rate. RCI will also arrange on board and shore group events for you as well.

Best to talk with a TA or RCI's group department for information.

Anyone ever arrange a small group for their cruise? I know price varies but in your case was it worth it to try a get a few more friends on board. I have 5 rooms now need 3 more for group.

Thanks

you do not get any better price per cabin.. you might get perks such as one free berth per 8 cabins, which you could spread amongst your friends if you wanted,( or use it all as payment for being the organizer) or maybe the ability to have a small cocktail party in a corner of the VCL one evening.

Well, you could technically get "better rates" for the cabins w/ a group booking. For our wedding we ended up w/ about 20-25 cabins booked, so we had a few free births. Rather then keep it just for us we spread the savings out across our group so everyone got their cabins for a bit cheaper. No screaming deals, but even our extended balcony ended up being just under 1K each in the first year of sailings on the Oasis. So it kind of depends on how you look at it. Group cruises are so much fun....but even more exhausting sometimes depending on how close the group is!!

Group deposit is per cabin, not per passenger so that saves you a little up front money. As pointed out you do get a "kick back" based on how many cabins you book. But that's after every thing is paid for. I know on other cruises we have done with a large group we got a "free cabin", which we took as OBC and split among the group. My TA has tried to explain how RCL computes their group kick back, but it's way to confusing. It's based on ship, time of year, cabins booked, some manner of points or credits, etc. I will leave it up to my TA to figure out and just give everybody (23) OBC.

Archived