No cabin assignment 24 hours before sailing

I never said you haven't cruised RCL, I said you don't. We are all know you have an issue with RCL and no longer cruise this cruiseline.

As far as guarantees, you already posted in this thread that you weren't aware that the cabin could be assigned day of embarkation.

RetNavy's situation was totally different. They were offered a different sailing and accepted. Had they not been home, the cruiseline would have made the same offer to someone else until they found someone who would accept it. No one would have been left at the pier.

Actually I never said that about guarantees.

Oh, if the OP did not get at least the JS promised to W bookings, we'd surely hear about it sooner. At this point no news is good news, as it suggests the OP is comfortably aboard the ship...

Mmm, no, OP said he would not have Internet access (whatever that means, in however many ways it could be taken) after yesterday morning. I'm sure OP is aboard now and loving the ship. :)

He should almost be on board by now......however he said in an early post he wouldn't have internet access after last night.....so we may not know until he gets back. :eek:

I sure hope he got a SWEET deal!!!! :)

What? I jumped back on here to see what suite he got and we may have to wait a week for the outcome? Say it ain't so. :eek:

You guys, I think we need to be respectful about this and not make jokes; it's not a joking situation and this thread could get closed. I don't think any of us want that - we just want to know what happened! :)

Of course it is serious. My last comment was not intended to insult the OP in any way. I am hoping the OP will come back and tell us how great their cruise was and laugh off the pre-cruise panic/stress.

I usually book guarantee and several times not received my room allocation til I checked in.

In some ways it was a bit more exciting as I was still dreaming about wonderful suite upgrades rather than the inside guarantee I had booked.

Last cruise I didnt have an allocation until checking in and was given an oceanview.

Book a guarantee then accept you might not get allocation til check in, if you can't cope with that, answer is easy, don't book a guarantee.

OP is most likely enjoying his cruise. If he´d been denied Boarding I´m sure we would have heard about it by now.

It´s just a shame people with a a personal Agenda put this scare game on for the OP.:mad:

You are absolutely right!

Mmm, no, OP said he would not have Internet access (whatever that means, in however many ways it could be taken) after yesterday morning. I'm sure OP is aboard now and loving the ship. :)

I believe he said no access or limited. Were he turned away at the pier (which I never thought would happen), he'd be ashore and have internet access again. If the cruise line did not honor the gty, I bet he'd have been unhappy enough to use some of that limited access to vent his feelings (or he'd have more access because the ship would be giving him stuff like internet minutes to mollify him).

Like you I believe he is aboard enjoying the ship (and I belive he is doing it from a JS or better as promised).

I'd be surprised if he did. Many people now a days are all about themselves. However it would be nice if he decided to come back and tell us what happened after all a lot of people really cared about him. Time will tell.

I'd be surprised if he did. Many people now a days are all about themselves. However it would be nice if he decided to come back and tell us what happened after all a lot of people really cared about him. Time will tell.

It would be nice if he/she came back but like you I will be surprised if he does.

By now they are all settled into, hopefully, their Crown Loft suite and this Thread of their's on CC is just a distane memory!!! :):)

It would be nice if he/she came back but like you I will be surprised if he does.

By now they are all settled into, hopefully, their Crown Loft suite and this Thread of their's on CC is just a distane memory!!! :):)

You may be correct. I shall remain hopeful though. It would be nice to hear the end of the story. Also somebody in the future in the same position may find this thread with the search function; they will really want to hear a happy ending..

I wouldn't worry about an oversold situation on an Oasis-class ship. With 5400 passengers on the ship, they are going to find someone willing to change their plans. Have you ever seen the lines at the airport of people clamoring to be bumped from a flight in exchange for $100?

I booked an inside gty for my cruise and got a happy surprise when I got my cabin assignment. I got an large ocean view :D I know I would be nervous going to port not knowing but hopefully he got a great surprise when he arrived at port.

I am leaving ON the 31 of this moth and still didnt got my Room number,i call rccl they said dont i Will get cabin number at the pier

Are you on oasis?? There are a few of us who have not received assignments yet. Come join our roll call!

Archived