Disembark FLL cruiseport; get to FLL airport?

lopat08865

Staying with friends before cruise so no transportation concerns on the embarkation side. But we need to handle all transportation on the backend. Getting back to FLL ~7am on Dec 14, 2013. Flight from FLL is 1:42pm.

How do I get from the cruiseport to the airport?

Also, assuming we want to do something other than hang out at the airport for nearly 5 hours, does anyone have any suggestions with how we might more enjoyably spend that time, remembering that we'll have no car?

Thanks!

The simplest thing to do is to take a taxi to the airport. It's about a 10 minute ride and costs about $12-$15. You could stay on the ship to be in one of the last groups off the ship. That probably puts you off the ship by 10am or so. That would cut down your wait time in the airport.

The only other options would be to rent a car and explore around Ft. Lauderdale or see if there is an excursion that you could take through the ship that ends by taking you to the airport.

The simplest thing to do is to take a taxi to the airport. It's about a 10 minute ride and costs about $12-$15. You could stay on the ship to be in one of the last groups off the ship. That probably puts you off the ship by 10am or so. That would cut down your wait time in the airport.

The only other options would be to rent a car and explore around Ft. Lauderdale or see if there is an excursion that you could take through the ship that ends by taking you to the airport.

I second the above and have only to add that FLL has free WiFi so you could take the time to catch up on your email.

I've done the 1:30-2:30 flight many times out of FLL and usually am off the ship by 9:30-10:00am when using PE...You really don't have that much time considering there can be long lines at FLL especially on cruise end day. I understand as this is one of my least favorite airports to spend time at.

Yes you don't have to get off the ship at 7 AM and don't forget its a good idea to arrive at the airport at least an hour before take off so you won't have very much time to do anything. As the other poster mentioned it's only a 10 minute cab ride from port to the airport. So I would stay on the ship have breakfast and hang around till closer to departure time.

Yes you don't have to get off the ship at 7 AM and don't forget its a good idea to arrive at the airport at least an hour before take off so you won't have very much time to do anything. As the other poster mentioned it's only a 10 minute cab ride from port to the airport. So I would stay on the ship have breakfast and hang around till closer to departure time.

I would think you would want to be there a little more than an hour prior to take off. I would rather get to the airport and wait than get to the airport and be rushed to make my flight.

I would think you would want to be there a little more than an hour prior to take off. I would rather get to the airport and wait than get to the airport and be rushed to make my flight.

I'm figuring disembarking by 10:00am and catching a cab to FLL airport. Flight leaves at 1:42pm so should be at airport no later than 11:00am.

Archived