Do Celebrity Care – NO!

BJC

:o:o:o OOPS!!!! I really meant to say how empty Celebrity ships were in 2002 and 2003 when people were afraid to travel, those of us that kept cruising with them, may not be there for them if something again causes people to stop traveling!!!

Thanks for the correction. I have to admit I had my :confused: face on. Sometimes I forget we're not in the 80's anymore and my kids just love it. :o

• 2 weeks later...
thank you, cruise love!

we will give this number a try :)

just thought thst i'd update on our situation.. ( re: transferring our deposit to a later cruise )

I have now called the " customer care center" twice, told both times to put our concerns in writing as they are assessed on an individual basis.. we have now emailed twice as well.. in just over 4 weeks.. still not a response ( other than the automated " we are experiencing a high volume of enquiries and will get to your request as soon as possible".. )

the last email was sent almost 2 weeks ago.. how long will it take before we can get anyone to respond??

I'm not going to doubt nor argue w/ the OP's perceptions of their cruise experience. I wasn't on the cruise with them.

2 Celebrity cruises ago, there were several situations that disappointed me, and the cruise wasn't really all that good, compared to many other cruises I've been on. Service issues, food issues and other just WEIRD stuff. (some of it still makes me shake my head in amazement). I wrote in detail some of my concerns on the end-of-cruise survey/comment card. I also mentioned that this seemed a one off to me as my other Celebrity cruises were nothing like this and I would continue to cruise with them.

I was not expecting nor wanting any follow up. No "compensation." No apologies were wanted or expected. I just thought the issues were somethings of which Celebrity should be aware. "Teaching moments" if you will.

A few weeks post cruise I was contacted by phone by a Celebrity rep. I was almost embarrassed that they called because it wasn't a rant or anything, just a brief but factual expression of my concerns. We had a lengthy conversation and as I related events the rep was aghast and eventually we both were in stitches laughing about it. At any rate, I had already booked another Celebrity cruise so it didn't turn me off of Celebrity. Even though they knew I wasn't giving up on the line, they offered both myself and my cruise mate a generous (I thought VERY generous) OBC for our troubles. I flat out told her I wasn't asking or expecting compensation and frankly I didn't think the issues warranted any. She still felt that she wanted to compensate us as a good will gesture, which I greatly appreciated.

SO, as opposed to several other posters' experiences, I found Celebrity to go over and above w/ their customer service. The phone call would have been adequate, andI didn't even expect that. But the genuine concern and consideration of my comments really surprised me. Like WOW they really read these and pay attention! I guess I just got lucky.

You definitely have the right attitude for handling issues on the cruise. I did want to ask about one point though - am I confusing you with another poster, or are you not someone who talks about booking higher level (suite) rooms and sails Celebrity often? If I am remembering correctly, I guess I would then wonder if the way you were treated might not be the same way you would be treated otherwise? All complaints should be taken seriously, provided they are presented that way, but I think it is a very rare instance indeed where someone would get a call and an offer of significant OBC because one cruise was not up to par. I do not mean to be disrespectful and hope you do not consider it so, just wondering if that factored into the equation.

Archived