Christmas Decorations

judla

It has been several years, so may not be true now, but when we sailed a Celebrity ship the same time of year they still had the decorations up. They were taking them down as we got off the cruise on January 3.

Does nobody know (including cruise lines) that Xmas decs shouldn't go up until 24th December and then be taken down on the 12th night marking the Epiphany, hence the 12days of Xmas.

Our local shopping centres (malls) seem to put decs up in November and take them down at the end of Feb, only to replace them with the Easter Bunny!

Help! I'm ranting like an old man!!!

Does nobody know (including cruise lines) that Xmas decs shouldn't go up until 24th December and then be taken down on the 12th night marking the Epiphany, hence the 12days of Xmas.

Our local shopping centres (malls) seem to put decs up in November and take them down at the end of Feb, only to replace them with the Easter Bunny!

Here in the U.S. the common practice is up the day after our Thanksgiving, down after New Years :)

Nice tree too in the library... they start taking the stuff down bit-by-bit starting the first week of January and by cruise end it's over.

That's how it's been last year on a two week Eclipse New Years cruise and the year before on a one week Summit.

4u9vrt.jpg

In Atlanta, Georgia, the Christmas decorations and merchandise overlap with Halloween. Ugh. Except for Nordstrom's--which waits until the Friday after Thanksgiving.

In Atlanta, Georgia, the Christmas decorations and merchandise overlap with Halloween. Ugh. Except for Nordstrom's--which waits until the Friday after Thanksgiving.

I'm normally a day after T.Day person myself, but this year they are going up the weekend of Nov. 10th as we'll be gone on our cruise/land trip until Mid December, I'd hate to come home to no decorations, plus I think the house sitter will enjoy them.:)

4691792296_07549cec23.jpg

xmas on the solstice by cozkitty, on Flickr

Here you go GatorGirl! :)

There's also a big tree near the staircase where the atrium type area is, they line the stairs with poinsettias & it's a great spot to take photos on formal night!

I know i have a photo of it, if I find it I'll post it.

Nice tree too in the library... they start taking the stuff down bit-by-bit starting the first week of January and by cruise end it's over.

That's how it's been last year on a two week Eclipse New Years cruise and the year before on a one week Summit.

4u9vrt.jpg

This gets me so excited! Thank you! Can't wait to take a picture with my then, new husband :) in front of the tree! Probably our first Christmas pic as husband and wife :D

As to when they put them up, as opposed to taking them down - we have had mixed experiences. We have cruised the week after Thanksgiving several times. Sometimes the decorations started coming up right away, sometimes later in the cruise, and at least once not at all (granted, that year Thanksgiving was earlier than some others). It really all depends on the ship's crew at the time. By sometime in early December they will be up but exactly when can vary.

I'm normally a day after T.Day person myself, but this year they are going up the weekend of Nov. 10th as we'll be gone on our cruise/land trip until Mid December, I'd hate to come home to no decorations, plus I think the house sitter will enjoy them.:)

LOL...I haven't broken the news to DH yet that he needs to get the outside lights up before T-Day since we're on the Nov 30th Reflection cruise. I plan on having almost all the decorations up before we leave.

LOL...I haven't broken the news to DH yet that he needs to get the outside lights up before T-Day since we're on the Nov 30th Reflection cruise. I plan on having almost all the decorations up before we leave.

I can relate. The only downside of cruising this time of year is being really aggressive at getting your decorating and shopping going before you leave. We had our Christmas tree up the week-end before Thanksgiving. It was kinda nice.:)

I can relate. The only downside of cruising this time of year is being really aggressive at getting your decorating and shopping going before you leave. We had our Christmas tree up the week-end before Thanksgiving. It was kinda nice.:)

We are going on Wednesday to Orlando to shop for Christmas. A quick trip to the Outlet Malls for 3 days. Of course the Embassy Suites and just relaxing after. It is only 1 1/2 hours away but we love mini vacations.:D

Archived