What will you take with you next cruise?

Vict0riann

Our next cruise is 28 days (with a 42-day one after that), and I swear I will take my electric toothbrush. I really miss it when I don't have it. DH can carry it for me! (He takes all the "electronics" in his hand-carry bag.)

New? Hmmm....with all of our business and personal travel over the years we pretty much have a standard packing routine and list of things we pack. The one thing different is that for the first time in 20 years we may not take true formal wear (i.e., tux and gowns) as there is only one formal optional night out of a 12-day cruise. We're thinking a dark suit for me and nice outfits for Mrs. K. Not exactly new but different.

Small magnets with glow-in-the dark butterflies that I use to organize papers for tours in port and invitations to various functions. There always seems to be at least one wall that has metal that the magnets will stick to.

Small magnets with glow-in-the dark butterflies that I use to organize papers for tours in port and invitations to various functions. There always seems to be at least one wall that has metal that the magnets will stick to.

Good idea! DH wants to take some silly putty stuff to stick up invitations, etc., but magnets might be cleaner!

I am bringing a battery-powered light that is motion activated. I'll put it in the bathroom for late night visits. That way I don't have to turn on the bathroom light waking my roommate before I can close the door. (It is small and easy to pack.)

That's a good idea, too. I wanted to take a night light last cruise but one (in an inside), but I didn't think it would work in the "shavers only" socket in the bathroom. Batteries would be good. I'll ask for one for my birthday!

We're on the Maasdam for 2 weeks at the beginning of December so . . .

1. Various Wilson zinfandels, Ramey chards and assorted sauvignon blancs for dinners.

2. Some snorkel stuff for Bonaire.

3. A few new iPod playlists for the balcony.

4. Some really good Bordeaux blends for that balcony.

5. A healthy appetite for fun!

DW and as little else as I can. Very few electronics and enough clothing for about 5 days max. DW takes a little more, but not much.

And some wine of course...four bottles for a seven day cruise. Malbecs and Cabs for those afternoons on the verandah.

DW and as little else as I can. Very few electronics and enough clothing for about 5 days max. DW takes a little more, but not much.

And some wine of course...four bottles for a seven day cruise. Malbecs and Cabs for those afternoons on the verandah.

Same here...those days are coming to a close...so we may as well enjoy it.

We have two cruises booked...a Collector's Cruise on the NA from Barcelona in October...and a Caribbean journey on the Maasdam once again end of January...embarking 4 days before the cut off date!

So we may as well make hay while the sun shines. ;)

Archived