Panama Canal with more caribbean ports?

NoobCruise

I've been looking at cruises that sail through the Panama Canal. I would like to do a full transit, however, it looks like most of them have many port stops on the Pacific side in Mexico, but few stops on the caribbean side. Are their any itineraries that focus ports on the caribbean side with few stops on the pacific Mexico side? I'm more interested in the caribbean ports.

We are on this Panama Canal transit. Grand Cayman and Cartagena, Colombia on the Caribbean side.

13 Day Panama Canal from Tampa, FL

Departs from: Tampa, FL Aboard the: Carnival Legend Ports of Call: Grand Cayman, Cayman IslandsCartagena, ColombiaPanama Canal TransitPuntarenas, Costa RicaCabo San Lucas, MexicoLos Angeles (Long Beach), CA

Most of the partial transits with HAL, Celebrity, Princess et al will include more Caribbean ports. They are not the usual ports to which the 7 day cruises go.

Yes, I've been looking at the 10 and 11 day sunfarer on HAL but Hubby would like a full transit if possible. Neither of us is very interested in all the Mexico ports though

Here is the Queen Victoria full transit:

Tue 1 Apr SAN FRANCISCO Depart evening

Wed 2 Apr AT SEA

Thu 3 Apr AT SEA

Fri 4 Apr AT SEA

Sat 5 Apr AT SEA

Sun 6 Apr AT SEA

Mon 7 Apr AT SEA

Tue 8 Apr PUNTARENAS, COSTA RICA Arrive morning - Depart evening

Wed 9 Apr AT SEA

Thu 10 Apr PANAMA CANAL, PANAMA Arrive morning - Depart late afternoon

Fri 11 Apr AT SEA

Sat 12 Apr ORANJESTAD, ARUBA Arrive morning - Depart evening

Sun 13 Apr AT SEA

Mon 14 Apr GEORGETOWN, GRAND CAYMAN Arrive morning - Depart late afternoon

Tue 15 Apr AT SEA

Wed 16 Apr FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

Don

Yes, I've been looking at the 10 and 11 day sunfarer on HAL but Hubby would like a full transit if possible. Neither of us is very interested in all the Mexico ports though

Cabo is the only Mexican port on our Princess Full Transits next March

You just missed an excellent cruise on the Westerdam this past spring. We stopped at HMC, Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire and Cartagena before we headed through the canal. Then we had quite a few stops un the Pacific coast before the cruise ended in San Diego -- 20 days.

Sadly HAL is not doing anything like that next spring.

You just missed an excellent cruise on the Westerdam this past spring. We stopped at HMC, Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire and Cartagena before we headed through the canal. Then we had quite a few stops un the Pacific coast before the cruise ended in San Diego -- 20 days.

Bummer! That itinerary sounds great and we LOVED the Westerdam!

I was going to mention that, but you beat me to it... I wonder if that itinerary will be offered again in the future? Seems most cruises will only stop at one of the ABC's now. So glad my DW spotted that itinerary, and jumped on it last Easter!

Archived