Miami Airport

Dog Drool

What is the price of a taxi to/from the port to MIA? What would be the earlest flight out I could take?

I can save over 100 by flying MIA instead of FLL.

Of course the best prices are at 6 am but can I take a 11:45 out of MIA?

I don't know about the cost, but it has to be more than 30 miles.

it could be tight for timing. The airline wants you checked in 1 hour before the flight at the latest, right? So that's checked in at 10:45, but you'd need to be in line probably by 10:15 to be checked in before the stop accepting passengers.

Figure a 45-min ride from FLL to MIA. Can you be on the curb with your luggage at FLL before 9:30 AM at the latest?

There are several shared van shuttle services (such as Super Shuttle) who will charge you about $70 (total cost for 2). If you are interested in a shared shuttle you should reserve in advance over the internet.

Hank

11:45 AM is cutting it very close.

It is rare for a ship not to be cleared by 7:30. Can you handle self-disembarkation where you take everything off yourself? They are the first to leave the ship.

You have to allow time to go through immigration and customs when you get off the ship.

Then you have the trip to Miami airport. Check-in and get through security.

I would not want to be that stressed on the last morning of the cruise.

What is the price of a taxi to/from the port to MIA? What would be the earlest flight out I could take?

I can save over 100 by flying MIA instead of FLL.

Of course the best prices are at 6 am but can I take a 11:45 out of MIA?

We had considered Miami as an alternative but decided what we saved in airfare we spent in transportation to Ft Lauderdale. That kind of cut the cost advantage down to $25-$30 and that wasn't worth the hassle.

We had considered Miami as an alternative but decided what we saved in airfare we spent in transportation to Ft Lauderdale. That kind of cut the cost advantage down to $25-$30 and that wasn't worth the hassle.

That is where I am at Not sure the price difference is worth the hassel. I did not know it was 70 to get for the airport to port

Try HAL shuttle service. We booked our shuttle through them. Not a bad price either, it's 46 euro one way for 2 persons (about $ 60). Don't know the price in $, but you can call and ask?

Kind regards,

Gina

That is where I am at Not sure the price difference is worth the hassel. I did not know it was 70 to get for the airport to port

We always fly in the day before and stay close to the port. As I recall it's less than $20 for the two of us to the Hyatt or close by. Next day it's usually another $12 or so over to the cruise terminal. The only time we've done HAL transfers was the two or three times we've used their pre-cruise hotels but otherwise it's easier and usually less expensive to get a taxi. As for Miami....we don't even bother to price flights there anymore, just not worth it.

We are sailing out of Miami next year, but staying in Fort Lauderdale. The four of us are going by Limo and splitting the cost four ways.

I called around for taxi and shuttle quotes. Both cab companies quoted me eighty dollars each way.

Archived