Celebrity website "travel companions"

highrisesea

OK, I have seriousley tried to find an answer to this by using the search engine and come up empty handed. This is my first Celebrity cruise. There are 6 of us in 3 cabins. When you register for your cruise on the Celebrity website, you can add "travel companions."

1. First, what is the advantage of doing this. It would take a lot of work because they ask for the whole life history of each "travel companion."

2. Would only one person in the group need to go through all the work of filling out the long forms for each "travel companion" or if I added all six would that be enough?

I swear, the Celebrity website seems to make things much more difficult than it needs to be. Thanks for your help veteran X cruisers! :confused:

OK, I have seriousley tried to find an answer to this by using the search engine and come up empty handed. This is my first Celebrity cruise. There are 6 of us in 3 cabins. When you register for your cruise on the Celebrity website, you can add "travel companions."

1. First, what is the advantage of doing this. It would take a lot of work because they ask for the whole life history of each "travel companion."

2. Would only one person in the group need to go through all the work of filling out the long forms for each "travel companion" or if I added all six would that be enough?

I swear, the Celebrity website seems to make things much more difficult than it needs to be. Thanks for your help veteran X cruisers! :confused:

We just have our travel agent do this for us. This is to ensure you get seated together in the MDR. I'm sure this also has something do do with disembarkation times.

It is mainly for dining so you get seated together. You will fill out disembarcation papaers near the end of the cruise and those will ask for names of travel companions.

As Wine-O stated, we always have our TA add them so we do not have to bother. Enjoy your cruise

I think the OP is not asking about linking reservations but the information of the person that is traveling with you. Since they have 3 rooms there will be information on 3 traveling companions, plus the main person in each room.

My account is under my name, my wife is my traveling companion. Other folks do it the opposite, depends on who takes care of this type of stuff.

I have traveled many times with fairly large groups and paid absolutely no attention to the travel companions section. No problems. I would not bother with this.

If you want to link your reservations for dining, your travel agent can do this for you. Just need the reservation numbers for everyone. If you booked directly with Celebrity, I believe you can do this on their website. Again, you will need the others' reservation numbers.

I filled out the Travel Companions form for my BF (as well as the account info for myself) and I found it totally useless. I thought the information would auto-populate when I went to do the Online Check-In, but I had to re-enter all the same stuff. I'm also curious if there is any specific advantage to doing this.

Thanks to all for your input. I guess it will be far easier to have my TA take care of this. I see so many complaints on these threads about the Celebrity website. Now I can add my own. On their website, they have a section to add "my travel companions." They say nothing about why you would do this. They don't say if you provide information for everyone in the group or just one per cabin. I was hoping that by linking everyone on line, everyone would be able to see what others have booked for shore excursions, etc. But the website explains absolutely nothing! :mad:

Where on the website do you go to link up traveling friends for dining tables?

One cabin booked with Celebrity and one booked with TA. Help!

You need to be registered on the Celebrity website to do it. Just go to "MY Celebrity" at the top. They make it awfully complicated though.

Ours was done automatically after we have travelled together once, based on our captains club numbers.

It is not needed for a cruise

You may want to link together your reservations if on set dining so that they put you on the same table, that is a different process to travel compantions and comes under friends and family

All you have to do it click edit then enter their reservation number - you all need to do it on the 3 bookings

We've never filled out any portion of the Traveling Companion section of My Celebrity. I don't know the purpose of this section at all. I'm speculating that it either relates to information you could enter in advance of making an online booking or that it isn't actually used anyplace at all. In any event I do not believe it has anything to do with existing bookings and I wouldn't bother with it. The only thing I'd worry about is completing the on-line check-in for all guests.

Where on the website do you go to link up traveling friends for dining tables?

One cabin booked with Celebrity and one booked with TA. Help!

I believe that if someone in the party has booked through a TA then the TA has to do this, or it has to be done through Celebrity rather than online.

Note that if you are in Select dining this is pretty meaningless. Seating at Select dining will depend on who you show up with at the dining room door. It does help if you have reservations, especially if you want a larger table for everyone. You can make reservations in advance but confirm them when you arrive on board. If you can't make them online (the system isn't always working) then just call Celebrity to make them.

Also, if you are in traditional dining we've found that even when we've had our reservations linked that we haven't always actually been assigned to the same table. This is always the first thing we check on after boarding. We also check the table location as, due to hearing problems, some table locations are not good for us. You can do this by checking the card in your cabin showing your table assignment and if changes need to be made you can visit the dining room management which will be set up just outside one of the doors of the dining room on embarkation afternoon.

....You can do this by checking the card in your cabin showing your table assignment and if changes need to be made you can visit the dining room management which will be set up just outside one of the doors of the dining room on embarkation afternoon.

There is actually a card in the suite showing the location of the table? This is good to know. Too bad there is not a resume for each of the table mates as well:D.

Appreciate your responses - all have helped.

Archived