RCCL/Celebrity Credit Card Press Release (8/19/13)

Andy

Can someone help me with the fine details? The terms and conditions always cinfuse me.

I'd also like to know the details without having to read the fine print:: I'm lazy.

Here are some:

-Is the 2 for 1 airfare applicable to full fare tickets only? Can you use it on Choice Air bookings. I've found that 2 for 1 airfares have usually resulted in my paying a higher price.

-The Specialty Restaurants usually offer a 20% off entire bill up to a 50% discount. This appears much better than the card benefit.

-If you use any of the cash benefits that are cabin price reductions or OBC, do you lose stockholder or other benefits?

On the face of it doesn't seem like a deal I need to take, but could be wrong.

Clearly, (well actually it's not at all clear, but I would bet real money on it)... if you use the benefits offered by this card, you will not get additional benefits such as 1-2-3, senior or stockholder. It is increasingly difficult to maneuver around all the benefit options....five star rates, group rates, amex private deals with celebrity on benefits...and so on.

Edited by ghstudio

Clearly, (well actually it's not at all clear, but I would bet real money on it)... if you use the benefits offered by this card, you will not get additional benefits such as 1-2-3, senior or stockholder. It is increasingly difficult to maneuver around all the benefit options....five star rates, group rates, amex private deals with celebrity on benefits...and so on.

If you are correct as you probably are, there would be no real advantage to those who book on board or have RCCL shares. In fact the rebates a less than my Costco AMEX card and many other cards. Doesn't seem like a winner to me, but I'll reserve judgment until those who use the card respond once they've used it.

If you are correct as you probably are, there would be no real advantage to those who book on board or have RCCL shares. In fact the rebates a less than my Costco AMEX card and many other cards. Doesn't seem like a winner to me, but I'll reserve judgment until those who use the card respond once they've used it.

If the BOA Celebrity VISA Card works the same way as the BOA RCI VISA Card (as it should from what I have read), the OBCs you earn with the VISA Card will NOT affect other benefits or OBCs from the cruise line and/or your travel agent.

We have combined onboard booking bonus, loyalty rewards savings certificates, goodwill OBCs, Travel Agent OBCs and RCI VISA OBCs under the same cruise booking without any problems.

There are many threads in the RCI board about how the BOA RCI VISA Card works.

Have a great day :)

Edited by suncityga

I'd also like to know the details without having to read the fine print:: I'm lazy.

Here are some:

-Is the 2 for 1 airfare applicable to full fare tickets only? Can you use it on Choice Air bookings. I've found that 2 for 1 airfares have usually resulted in my paying a higher price.

-The Specialty Restaurants usually offer a 20% off entire bill up to a 50% discount. This appears much better than the card benefit.

-If you use any of the cash benefits that are cabin price reductions or OBC, do you lose stockholder or other benefits?

On the face of it doesn't seem like a deal I need to take, but could be wrong.

Just to be clear for someone new to the concept of these credit cards, these perks are not included in the "no annual fee" Visa card. If the value of these perks is equal to (or more than) the yearly cost, go for it. For us, they weren't, so we chose the basic (no annual fee) credit card.

Also, don't expect those 10,000 points to be credited right away. We applied for the card, made our purchases (not hard), received our first bill which we will pay off shortly. Meanwhile, the points have still not been credited. We had hoped they would be posted to use for OBC for our 10/19 or 10/26 cruises. We have two more X cruises booked for Spring 2014- hopefully with lots of OBC's!

Also, don't expect those 10,000 points to be credited right away. We applied for the card, made our purchases (not hard), received our first bill which we will pay off shortly. Meanwhile, the points have still not been credited. We had hoped they would be posted to use for OBC for our 10/19 or 10/26 cruises. We have two more X cruises booked for Spring 2014- hopefully with lots of OBC's!

I applied and received the card a little over a month ago and have already been credited with the 10,000 points and they are available for use (they showed as pending until I received my first statement).

You can check your point balance here: https://www.managerewardsonline.fiacardservices.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

I applied and received the card a little over a month ago and have already been credited with the 10,000 points and they are available for use (they showed as pending until I received my first statement).

You can check your point balance here: https://www.managerewardsonline.fiacardservices.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

Same situation for us... applied and received the Celebrity 'no fee' VISA Card less than two weeks ago. We made one small purchase and the purchase, plus the 10,000 bonus points are now showing under 'pending'. The points will go from 'pending' to 'available' as soon as the monthly statement is processed.

Thanks for the info- but I think the link only works with mobile devices?? It wouldn't fully load on my computer- something about RWD App (maybe meaning Reward App for a phone?) and then the screen freezes at a blank page. Anyway, our online (computer) "page" with the BOA X card still doesn't show any reward info (none of the tabs take me anywhere related to the rewards program, or our points, etc). However, our paper statement did finally arrive and show that we were given the 10000 points. But no phone number to call to redeem them! Does anyone know the number? Should I just call the Captain's Club number?

I never had any problems seeing or redeeming points with the old RCCL card ( or my NCL card!), but I'm obviously doing something wrong with this one!

Thanks!

Same situation for us... applied and received the Celebrity 'no fee' VISA Card less than two weeks ago. We made one small purchase and the purchase, plus the 10,000 bonus points are now showing under 'pending'. The points will go from 'pending' to 'available' as soon as the monthly statement is processed.

The terms and conditions state that "Bonus Points are credited to your account approximately 6-8 weeks after you qualify".

Edited by boogs

Our new celebrity visa card comes with a discount of 10percent for premium beverage package.... how do I access this? anyone know?

Hi Jborosara,

Have you tried calling Captains Club ? Perhaps they can arrange the discount, when using the Celebrity Visa. The only thing I've heard (even though I cannot find this in print), is that you must book the package in advance to obtain the discount.

If you hear anything, please let us know. I've tried my very best to obtain answers for our community. I've spent a great deal of time on this, and sadly, it's been a wasted effort. I hope our members have better luck than I have.

Hi Everyone,

I tried calling Bank of America again. When I asked about specific Celebrity benefits (such as the 10% discount on beverage packages), they advised me to call Captains Club. That's probably the best plan.

I hope this is helpful !

Hi Everyone,

I called Bank of America (again). Spoke with a wonderful CSR Rep (Thank you Lisa !) who walked me through all of the Celebrity Visa Signature benefits.

When inquiring about Celebrity benefits, i.e. beverage package discount, private journeys shore excursion discount, and specialty dining second guest discount.... the reservations must be made by calling Captains Club, tat 1-800-760-0654 (option 2)

There's also a webpage, with additional information : http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?&pagename=redeem_my_cruise_rewards_points

Please keep in mind, the benefits listed above, are for the Celebrity Visa Signature Premium card, which carries a $69 annual fee.

I hope this is helpful !

Edited by Host Andy

Are the "private journey" excursions that are discounted with this card the same as the celebrity excursions you can book on the ship....or are they some other excursions? The term "private journey excursions" seems to have been invented with this card.

• 4 weeks later...
we have not been able to get the beverage package discount thru captain's club. they keep claiming there is a 'glitch in the coding'. has anyone been successful? and if so, can you please share who you spoke to.

thanks!!

I was able to order the discounted beverage package on Friday. The glitch appears to be fixed. I don't remember who I spoke to but used option 2 on the captain's club line. The rep sent a confirmation e-mail and reissued my e-docs to show the beverage package purchase.

I was able to order the discounted beverage package on Friday. The glitch appears to be fixed. I don't remember who I spoke to but used option 2 on the captain's club line. The rep sent a confirmation e-mail and reissued my e-docs to show the beverage package purchase.

Thanks for the info. Tried again tonite and per rep. Done. Shows on reservation but no email confirmation yet. Will try to reissue docs in morning.

Sorry you had issue too but glad to know not just us.

• 3 weeks later...
If I have the RCCL BoA card, will that apply to Celebrity cruises now? I hate to get ANOTHER cruise credit card!

Hi BlueCat1105,

You would obtain double my cruise points for each dollar spent for Celebrity, Azamara & Royal Caribbean, on each of the branded cards.

However, there are other benefits, which are brand specific (especially for the Premium Cards - which carry a $69 annual fee), so there may be reasons to have a Celebrity card.

If spending is what matters the most, then you should be ok. I hope this is helpful !

• 1 month later...
I was finally able to order a $100 OBC using this site:

www.RoyalCaribbean.com/MyCruiseRewardsOnline

Log-in as you would for your regular BOA site. I printed out the final "Order Receipt" to take with me (10/19/13) just in case something goes wrong.

JerseyGem, did everything go smoothly with your OBC on your October cruise? Just ordered my OBC for Feb. cruise and I was concerned that it didn't ask for booking no., just sailing date andd ship, so I put in the comments section. I printed our my order receipt to take with us. Thanks.

JerseyGem, did everything go smoothly with your OBC on your October cruise? Just ordered my OBC for Feb. cruise and I was concerned that it didn't ask for booking no., just sailing date andd ship, so I put in the comments section. I printed our my order receipt to take with us. Thanks.

I have experienced the same when ordering OBC or using points for a discount on Royal Caribbean. In addition to printing out my order receipt, I usually call a few weeks before the cruise to verify the OBC is applied to my account.