Princess cancelled my BVE!

perfect match

If one doesn't cruise, one isn't eligible for the promotions that come with cruising - isn't that a reasonable stance to take? And frankly, FCC doesn't change the price of the cruise, merely how much of a deposit you've got to front to hold your cabin. Hence, it becomes simply a time value of money question: is interest (whether you treat it as credit card purchase interest expense or as money not otherwise available to bank/invest and earn interest on) on $100pp for [time of last cruise to final payment deadline of next cruise] really better than interest on $400pp for [time of booking deposit to final payment deadline of next cruise] plus the inconvenience of not being able to use that additional $300p during the time between booking a deposit and final payment?

First of all, this thread is a year old. My friends were turned down from buying a FCC in 2012. Even at that time, others were being allowed to buy FCC's during a BVE on other ships. The Future Cruise Consultant on the Sapphire at that time was brand new to the job and didn't know what she was doing. She told me this was her first assignment. I asked her if she could check on it with someone else and she refused. Secondly, the advantage, as others have said, is the OBC. It's free money. I'll take it any time they want to give it to me. My friends went on their cruise and others since. They had a nice time, but it was unfortunate they didn't get to buy the FCC during their BVE.

Good point. One doesn't need to actually meet with a future cruise agent. There are forms just outside of the office that can be filled in and dropped off in a mail-type slot just outside of the office. Whether they actually search the booked guests list of names, I am not sure. But certainly worth the effort.

I am pretty sure they check the forms because we have used them and they have delivered the FCC letters to our cabin.

So, they do check them. Obviously for a BVE you would not have a cabin number...so...you must have to fill in some other means for contacting you.

When my friends did the BVE with me in November they were not allowed to buy FCC's at all.

WHen I did a BVE on royal -- the future cruise gent was well known

to me. I had met him on grand in 1998, and he had done about

six different jobs on ships since then.

During the tour, we passed by the captain's circle desk, and his desk.

I asked about FCCs. He announced:

"Thank you for reminding me -- everyone is invited to purchase if they wish."

On the other hand, they lost my BVE photo, and I never got that...

One other comment. Mrs. Pablo did a BVE on cruise that I was taking

alone. I spoke with the Future cruise lady, and asked if I could purchase

a FCC for Mrs. Pablo.

She checked, and said yes because Mrs. Pablo was on the passenger list

due to the bve.

Finally, I don't even remember what ship it was, but Sylvain Coutoure was the

Future cruise sales gent.

On St Thomas morning I dropped off a couple FCC forms in his dropbox.

I walked into town, and checked my email. The FCC confirmations

were there. Less than two hours.

Edited by pablo222

I am pretty sure they check the forms because we have used them and they have delivered the FCC letters to our cabin.

So, they do check them. Obviously for a BVE you would not have a cabin number...so...you must have to fill in some other means for contacting you.

Before anyone gets on the ship for the BVE you must go into the cruise personalizer and fill in all your information. So Princess does have your information available if you fill out a Future Cruise Depost.

Before anyone gets on the ship for the BVE you must go into the cruise personalizer and fill in all your information. So Princess does have your information available if you fill out a Future Cruise Depost.

Yep. A BVE requires a full booking - just as if you were cruising.