SCRAPBOOKING-looking for suggestions

tourist

I'm trying to give myself a deadline to finish last summers vacation pictures (Yosemite & White Water Rafting) before we leave for our cruise (Feb 17th.) That way I can start right on the cruise pictures. So far - it is not working, maybe putting this in writing will get me motivated. I got real far behind on scrapbooks until I started doing vacations only (with the thought when they are done - I'll catch up on the other) I tell everyone in a hundred years when someone looks at my scrapbooks (ha ha) they will think all we ever did was vacation and trust me that is so not true - I just can't get moving on the other. Good luck on your self-imposed deadline, I still have hope for mine. :o

• 2 weeks later...

This is much better than just a photo album. I start by cutting out the front page of the brochure and the page with the itinerary on it. As far as the daily planner goes if we only get one in our cabin i go to the pursers desk and get another one to keep nice & flat and this is the start of each new day. The first one usually gets all folded up. This also helps me with my diary. You can look back and remember, oh yeah, we went to the wine tasting or what ever.

And yes I keep "everything" too, chocolate wrappers, our medals from Disney, key cards,plane tickets, boarding passes, you name it I'll keep. If you end up not putting it your scrapbook, well at least you're not saying "darn wish I saved that".

I use the large photo albums for my scrapbook. They are the 3 ring kind and have pockets for the pics. You can add pages as you need. Mine usually take me a week or two to complete. It's like being back on the cruise, except it's @#$#%^& cold out.

I just found some really nice scrapbooking kits with vacation themes at a store called Tuesday Morning (my first visit but will not be my last). One came with a little album that I thought would be nice for the highlights of our trip to Poland this summer, an old world feel to the kit. The other kit is a beach vacation kit that I will use for our cruise.

I always take a picture of one of the life rings. They always have the ship name on them and then you always get great scenery behind it, they usually turn out great.

Don't forget abut the muster drill picture!!!! Everyone always looks great wearing a bright orange vest!!! :)

Just some ideas!!!

Chanda :)

One of the things I do and I just thught about this is, (name of your ship) by day and by night. Take pictures of certain areas on the ship during the day and then at night.---such as the smokestack, the pool area, etc. It is very interesting how different some places look in the day and then at night.

A couple people have mentioned getting postcards.

On any trip I always mail a postcard to myself. This way I have both a stamp and the postage cancelation from that area. I have mailed them out of national parks - yes the park does have it's own postage mark - as well as towns that I visit. I usualy just write a quick note of whatever has stood out to me that day. When I get home I have a start on my journaling.

Most scrap stores have pockets you can buy to slip the post card into so it is still removable for reading - or you can use photo corners.

Thanks to everyone for your great ideas - I have started making notes for my next trip.

I also take a pix of the ship's emblem on the pool deck and incorporate that into my pages. However, the Enchantment after its remodel job, no longer has one; unless I completely missed it! Photos of art work around the ship also make for a nice/different layout.

Somewhere on the boards I read about the elevators having carpets with days of the week. I will be going on VOS. If anyone has taken these pictures, what was the best way? I am figuring I will have to hit a weird hour in order to get an empty elevator. Any suggestions or clarifications would be helpful. Thanks!

I think I meant "looking forward to scrapping" lol not what it says. Must have been a long day and my brain is fried..

I'm getting alot of great ideas though about what to save. I think once you start to scrap, you don't look at things the same ever again. I save EVERYTHING now and I was a pack rat to begin with lol.

Jennie

Thank you all for all the great ideas and posted pages. My husband and I are taking our first cruise in 9 days. I'm a scrapbooker and am especially excited to go now after reading all your postings!

I won this 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise from a local radio station, which, as you all probably already know will be the start of my scrapbook. Pictures from the presentation and dinner for the winner of the cruise. ;)

While we are on the cruise, it just so happens to be the same time as my 50th b-day and just after our 30th wedding anniversary. Needless to say I have a lot to scrapbook for this cruise. Thank you too for the great website tips. Now I have something to look forward to after this trip!~

I too am an avid scrapbooker. I usually do an album for each trip we take. My first/title page has a picture of my husband and any traveling mates (never me cause I take all of the pics) in front of the airport.

We cruise in 34 days.

Kay

Hello all

This is my very first post and I am going on my first cruise in the fall. :D

I am very excited and an avid scrapbooker as well, as my consultant calls me "conditioned". I have already become addicted to all the cruise information I can find and am already looking for ideas to scrap. I bought a 2mg memory stick for my camera and an extra battery and now the wait....

I did come across one thing that I wanted to share with you guys that I have seen a picture of elsewhere and it looked great.

forgive me for my 'lack there of' terminology :o

pics of little odds and ends about the ship for example when the ship is docked take a picture of the ship tied down, but don't include the entire ship, just the rope wound up.

I always take pictures of the days of the week in the elevators. I carry my camera with me alot, so there were many times that I was able to take good photos of the rugs.

On our last cruise I got some of the people from our meet and mingle group together for a scrapbook get together. We each brought some embellishments to share with the others and our own basic supplies.I made up two page kits for everyone that was going to attend. I arranged with the cruise line to have a room in the conferance center. We had to do this while on the ship with the guest manager. We were able to use the room for about 2 hours. We had a really good time. i had taken my printer that I use with my digital rebel camera and we took a picture of all of us and I printed one out for everyone so we had a complete page to take home complete with a picture.We really had a good time.Just added to a sea day and it was especially nice since it rained that day!!!

I asked earlier or on another thread (hard to remember which) about the days of the week rugs. Since elevators are reportedly busy places do you have to go a bizarre times or when is the best time (or place)? I love the idea of a rug for each day on my pages. Also love all the ideas here.

I always take pictures of the days of the week in the elevators. I carry my camera with me alot, so there were many times that I was able to take good photos of the rugs.

On our last cruise I got some of the people from our meet and mingle group together for a scrapbook get together. We each brought some embellishments to share with the others and our own basic supplies.I made up two page kits for everyone that was going to attend. I arranged with the cruise line to have a room in the conferance center. We had to do this while on the ship with the guest manager. We were able to use the room for about 2 hours. We had a really good time. i had taken my printer that I use with my digital rebel camera and we took a picture of all of us and I printed one out for everyone so we had a complete page to take home complete with a picture.We really had a good time.Just added to a sea day and it was especially nice since it rained that day!!!

What a great idea!!! I bet that was alot of goodies to pack!!!

Chanda :)

On our 1st cruise, we were able to get our picture with the ship behind us at the port. Also, took pics as we were walking down the hallway to our cabin, pics inside the cabin, all the towel animals. We actually saved our towel animals and got a pic with all of them together. On the ship we were on (Destiny) there is a "secret door" on one of the floors at the front of the ship. You can go out here to a deck and gorgeous views at the front of the ship. On one of the formal nights we took pics out here at sunset. I'm still working on scrapping that cruise (yikes, it was 2 yrs ago) and am about to go on my 2nd!

Archived