SCRAPBOOKING-looking for suggestions

tourist

• 1 month later...

Hello all scrapbook friends;

We love to cruise and meet new people.

Here is my tip to add to this long list.

Toward the end of the cruise,use the stationary from your cabin, ask your new found friends, table mates, waiters,stewards, captain,etc. to put their thoughts down about the cruise. This makes great memories.

All of the suggestions on this tread are great! In Alaska, we had a hard time finding Alaska dedicated scrap art. Chains like Michaels did not carry it (though they said they could sell a ton if they did). However, we were directed to a small crafts store at the second turnoff to Eagle River just north of Anchorage on Glen Highway...after turning off the highway go through the light and it will be in a strip mall on the right....called Country Collectables....they had art that was unique. Worth the drive.

I keep the luggage tags the cruise line gives you to put on - there always seem to be extras. Also any wrist bands - for eg for water taxis. Tickets, ask server for a copy of a dinner menu - especially if its a special occasion or holiday. Pamphlet with deck plans. Excursion brochures - pretty well you name it. And take pictures of everything even life boat drill.

I have one of the 12x12 Princess Scrapbooks. Its Linen material, light tan, with a smal 4x4 window in the front with a picture of my boat. The name of the boat and the words "memories at sea" are embossed on the front bottom corner. I hope to get one of the NCL Pearl when I go in March, which I am sure they will have one. Its so popular now.

For ideas, a couple of things I do is always trade american money or purchase a gift set of dollars and coins of the island money. Its great to have in the scrapbook. Adds interest and texture. Also, at each port, I buy a postcard, write what I am feeling or thinking about the cruise at that moment and send it to myself at home. Then I have a "live" account of my trip, with the island postage stamp and postmark. Its neat. They take forever to come in the mail, but for 3 weeks after my cruise, I ran to the mailbox with anticipation of the postcards. It kept the momentum and excitment of the trip going as well as a great addition to my scrapbook.

I didnt see any scrapbook supplies on the boat, but I can tell you I found the most unbelieveable site for supplies and scrapbooking cruises. Its...http://www.tropicalscrapbooking.com. Look at all the sections, tropical, cruise, and things you think might not be helpful...it will be. I was able to get specific papers and embellishments for not only the islands...but places I went, Like Stingray City in the Caymans, Dunn River Falls in Jamaica, etc. I cant wait to go back to the site and get my supplies formy upcoming cruise. Also, they pack it really well and I got my order within 3 days of ordering online! It was fantastic. Happy scrapbooking all!

pictures or other large pictures? I have them on a 12X12 page and they look so bare. :confused:

This is nothing elaborate, but I sometimes like to use large gold photo corners to mount them, and add a commentary, plus some appropriate stickers (such as top hat, tux, etc. for formal photos).

I've taken the luggage tags and used them on a journaling box. I make the box shaped like a suitcase with a large handle and attach the tag just like in real life.

What a great idea!! Hope you don't mind -- I plan on using this one.

Archived