Presidential Suite- RC Liberty of the Seas

jota16

Thinking about 2 families in this suite. Are views obstructed from balcony? How did you like the room?

The Presidential Suite, while magnificent, is on Deck 6 aft. Views are somewhat limited by the fact that the aft cabins are NOT directly on the aft of the ship. There is a long-ish stretch of deck between the front edge of your huge balcony and the actual end of the ship. On the aft of Voyager and Freedom class ships, the higher the better is the rule for good views.

FreedomoftheSeas-PresidentFamilyBalcony.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKX_I8p9doLnCoIp9M4aKi74o7Mi31i3tKxq-Hatlw7aT2cJlmTw

freedom_of_the_seas023.jpg

P1000634.jpg

DSC_6035_zps8e1fa382.jpg

When are you planning to go on Indy? We are taking a December cruise in the PS on Freedom, and I think they are very similar. From everything I've read, the biggest gripe is the superstructure of the ship. This gripe is actually the reason we were looking at the aft to begin with. If you've looked at any pictures from the balcony, you will see additional "floor" and steel beams. You just can't look over the railing and see the ocean, and the view is minimally obstructed.

We had a JS aft on Navigator last year and loved it. There are several disabled people in our family, and it's actually comforting to me to know that falling overboard would be a whole lot harder from the PS - seriously, lots harder. For that peace of mind, I sure don't mind looking at a steel beam or two. :p

I am trying to attach a pic I found here on CC, so kudos to the OP of the image. It is a perfect representation of what I am expecting to find right over the balcony railing. Hope this helps. Whom ever goes first can come back and update the other.

As for having two families in the PS, it holds 14 I think, so you could probably make it work unless you are the Duggars and their friends. ;)

thCAFFLGDI.jpg.e72374724d4fe9e9b9f4f7f7dfdf59e8.jpg

When are you planning to go on Indy? We are taking a December cruise in the PS on Freedom, and I think they are very similar. From everything I've read, the biggest gripe is the superstructure of the ship. This gripe is actually the reason we were looking at the aft to begin with. If you've looked at any pictures from the balcony, you will see additional "floor" and steel beams. You just can't look over the railing and see the ocean, and the view is minimally obstructed.

We had a JS aft on Navigator last year and loved it. There are several disabled people in our family, and it's actually comforting to me to know that falling overboard would be a whole lot harder from the PS - seriously, lots harder. For that peace of mind, I sure don't mind looking at a steel beam or two. :p

I am trying to attach a pic I found here on CC, so kudos to the OP of the image. It is a perfect representation of what I am expecting to find right over the balcony railing. Hope this helps. Whom ever goes first can come back and update the other.

As for having two families in the PS, it holds 14 I think, so you could probably make it work unless you are the Duggars and their friends. ;)

Freedom, Liberty & Independence have identical Presidential Suites.

It is virtually, no, DEFINITELY impossible to just "fall overboard."

We stayed in the PS on Freedom this summer. Same cabin, different ship. 2 families shouldn't be a problem. We had 4 families (total of 10 people), each with their own bedroom. My family of 4 crammed into one of the interior bedrooms and had no issue. Something I wish I had considered before I unpacked us was that there's a lot of unused drawers in the living room area that I wish I had stuck my kids' clothes in, just so it would have been easier to keep everyone's stuff straight. The interior rooms didn't seem to have a lot of storage, but if you don't mind squirreling stuff in other closets and rooms, it works out ok.

As for the view, yes there's a lot of super structure, but you can still see the water and the horizon. You just can't look down. You can also go to either end of the balcony and feel a little closer to the water.

You cannot fall overboard. You have to be intentionally climbing over the railing, horsing around on top of the railing, or engaged in some significantly consumed alcohol fueled activity that would involve any of the above in order to find a way over any of the railings.

And those who have unfortunately succeeded in doing so have done so as the result of one of the above reasons.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

You cannot fall overboard. You have to be intentionally climbing over the railing, horsing around on top of the railing, or engaged in some significantly consumed alcohol fueled activity that would involve any of the above in order to find a way over any of the railings.

And those who have unfortunately succeeded in doing so have done so as the result of one of the above reasons.

I'm not one to pick nits, and in an average world, you would be correct. However, in the world of autism and other developmental disabilities, I hold my ground. Believe me, these kids can, and will, do things that you and I cannot even begin to imagine. :eek: So...I dearly love the "extra boat" beyond the railing. ;)

Hi, We are going in the PS on the FOS in 54 days:D So if there is anything you want to know ask me in advance so I will make note for you and report on my return!:D

• 4 months later...
Hi, We are going in the PS on the FOS in 54 days:D So if there is anything you want to know ask me in advance so I will make note for you and report on my return!:D

Hi -- we will be in the PS on the Liberty next month. Can you please tell me if there is a significant difference in the two master bedrooms? Love to hear your comments in general. Thanks!!

Edited by CruisinShips

Just off the Independence, where we spent 14 days in the Presidential Family Suite over Xmas and New Years. Yes, there is a difference between the 2 "master" suites. Basically, one is just a smaller version of the other.

One master has a larger area where the bed is, larger desk area along with more storage, closet space and bigger bathroom.

We stayed in the smaller master bedroom. It doesn't have the same space around the bed, but it does have a desk with sitting area and lots of storage in the room. The bathroom is smaller than the other room but it does have a tub also.

This is the 2nd time our extended family has stayed in this particular suite and we love it.

Hi -- we will be in the PS on the Liberty next month. Can you please tell me if there is a significant difference in the two master bedrooms? Love to hear your comments in general. Thanks!!

Do you mind telling how many of you there will be and the approx cost...ballpark...as I know this can vary..Thanks so much :)

$950 pp for 4 nights is steep, but man, that cabin sounds awesome....

Two master bedrooms with baths.

Two additional bedrooms, each with two Pullman beds and two twin beds that convert to a Royal King.

Two additional bathrooms with showers and a spacious living area with a sofa bed and dining table.

Private balcony with dining area, lounge chairs, and hot tub.

Stateroom can accommodate up to 14 guests.

I've never really looked at this, because we don't sail with that many people, but that's quite the place!

However...

For that price, I would almost certainly take 4 Junior Suites with 2 people each, and the prices I see for a 4 day Liberty are about $820pp, so you'd save over $1,000 for everyone, and you'd have the same number of bathrooms, same number of bedrooms.

Heck, you can save even MORE by taking 2 Junior Suites and 2 Internal Cabins which is $820 x 4 + $350 x 4 which is a total savings of close to $3,000 (avg $365 pp savings)

NOTE: That balcony is very visible by everyone on deck 7 and 8. They look right down onto 1/3 of that balcony. Not as much privacy as I would want. Heck, from our 7708 corner aft, I could see about 25% of the hot tub just by looking down, and not leaning. And, at deck 6, which is the same deck as the "extension" shown in the pics, your view of the ocean is pretty much towards the horizon.

Edited by Toddcan

I'm not one to pick nits, and in an average world, you would be correct. However, in the world of autism and other developmental disabilities, I hold my ground. Believe me, these kids can, and will, do things that you and I cannot even begin to imagine. :eek: So...I dearly love the "extra boat" beyond the railing. ;)

So he needed to add 'unattended child' to his list

(The PS) is that there are 4 young kids (one of which is ours), and our alternative is to have a 9 yr old sharing the cabin with us. This way she gets to stay in a separate bedroom with her friend within our suite, and we get our own bedroom.

(The PS) is that there are 4 young kids (one of which is ours), and our alternative is to have a 9 yr old sharing the cabin with us. This way she gets to stay in a separate bedroom with her friend within our suite, and we get our own bedroom.

I'm with you. Don't like to split up the family and friends. I know its cheaper to split everyone up but kind of ruins the family vacation theme for me. Keeping in mind, that's just my opinion and cruising preference.;)

Just to give you more food for thought.. connecting cabins are all over the cruise ship - you can have your own bedroom (cabin) and the kids can be in the next cabin. The door inside your cabin, connecting the 2 can be left open as much as you were planning on leaving open the PS bedroom doors too.

But, the PS balcony furniture is much nicer than even a JS, and it has a nice dining table, so that is a huge plus.