Where does Carnival leave from in NY

fishtaco

OK Aussie needs help again:)

Schedule is tight we want to do the Splendor Caribbean on 9th June 2014, we will be leaving Vegas on Friday 6th June and flying to NY, where does the cruise leave from?

How hard is it to get from Ny NY St Marks area to cruise terminal on the sailing day.

We will only have another 3 nights post cruise before we have to fly back to LAX for flight back to Australia.

We haven,t been to NY since 1991,will a 2 night pre then 3 night post cruise stop be enough time in NY?

Would it be advisable to stay closer to the cruise terminal pre cruise?

Any advise appreciated

OK Aussie needs help again:)

Schedule is tight we want to do the Splendor Caribbean on 9th June 2014, we will be leaving Vegas on Friday 6th June and flying to NY, where does the cruise leave from?

How hard is it to get from Ny NY St Marks area to cruise terminal on the sailing day.

We will only have another 3 nights post cruise before we have to fly back to LAX for flight back to Australia.

We haven,t been to NY since 1991,will a 2 night pre then 3 night post cruise stop be enough time in NY?

Would it be advisable to stay closer to the cruise terminal pre cruise?

Any advise appreciated

It would be a 20 minute cab ride to the Pier

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=711+12th+ave&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

You asked about the amount of time we saw a lot in our time there but did not see near enough. Going back again.. There is a reason why they have the I Love NYC commercial as i certainly do.

the subway system in NYC is excelent, we bought a week subway pass used it for 3.5 days (we got our moneys worth out of it ) and then gave them away at Jamacia Station.. to incoming tourist. easy to use and i never felt unsafe there at anytime.. we were wondering the city 20 hours a day.

We got a Big Apple Greeter (free walking tour guide) it was the best thing we did for this trip. Ellen the tour guide did NYC proud, we saw stuff that we would never seen if it were not for Ellen. If you have the chance to get a guide from this organization do it.. Hint in the box where is ask to say what you want to see,, Sell you heart and soul.. it how you get picked for the guide. not everyone gets a guide when they apply. Even meet her for a Harlem church service..

A review i did read recently did say that they got to Grand Central station (or was it Penn ?) and took a cab to ship for $10

World trade memorial put an reservation in on the web ,, you bypass all the 100's of people who have not got tickets (can do on line for $2.50).

Between the subway, busses, and taxis, getting around Manhattan is very convenient and relatively cheap. If you count coffee shops, delicatessens, and street vendors, you can also eat rather cheaply, too. Hotels are expensive, but I would suggest you need not worry about being close to the pier. To get to the pier on embarkation day, take a taxi (or taxis -- with luggage I would say only two, or possibly three if the third is a child, people per taxi, so it depends on the size of your group). Some people write of staying in New Jersey and commuting into Manhattan each day they are here. I would suggest staying in Manhattan if you possibly can -- the life of the city will enthrall you, just walking around anywhere, anytime.

Between now and your cruise, read up, do some homework, study the Cruise Critic ports-of-call forum for New York, as well as reviews by people cruising out of NYC, and decide how to spend your few days here. There is something for everyone, and it's not the the same for any two people. I have been reading Cruise Critic for about 10 years and still love to read reviews by people who visit the Big Apple for the first time and see what they choose to do in a couple days' time. Some people accomplish quite a lot in just one day pre-cruise!

If you like art, there are few museums in the world to compare with the Metropolitan or the Museum of Modern Art. The "High Line" is a unique garden in the sky built on old elevated railway tracks that were once used to bring livestock into the meatpacking district. http://www.thehighline.org/

Warning: the High Line can be somewhat crowded in the afternoon in nice weather. Come early!

Everyone seems to be moved by their visit to the Ground Zero memorial, as mentioned by another poster. Afterwards, head over to the Hudson River area: it is parkland on water's edge and on renovated piers that once were for ocean liners, all the way from Battery Park to Chelsea (about 30th Street).

For a wonderful aerial view of the city, I suggest "Top of the Rock" in Rockefeller Center. I believe it is more expensive (and therefore probably less crowded) than going up in the Empire State Building. http://www.topoftherocknyc.com/

I hope you have a wonderful cruise and excellent stay before and after in our fair city!

we went to the top of the rock.. the pass to get to top was $27 but the pass is good I believe for 24 hours and you can go up it as many times as you want in that 24 hours,, the view was just awesome. The pictures we took, were postcard like,, if you would like a copy of my research that I have on NYC I will share with you, email the link in my signature and put in subject line NYC. My trip I was meeting 4 friends from Adelaide ( I am Canadian) and this part of the trip was up to me and I did not want to disappoint them.. I did not :D. NYC can't be done in 3 days, you are going to want to plan out what you want to see and do..

We stayed in Manhattan at Leo house (it is old BUT clean and very centrally located, decent reviews on trip advisor and far from a 5 * and I would stay there again) ... from Jamaica station we took the E train,, got off at the stop and the hotel was about 1/4 of a block up..

Archived