Specialty Dining Advantages on the first Night

HappyTXcruisers

They sometimes have a discount for the first night. We also find the first night in the MDR is one of the worst for selection so we typically go to a specialty restaurant the first evening. I always thought the first night in the MDR should be one of the best to really WOW you but we rarely find that is the case.

They sometimes have a discount for the first night. We also find the first night in the MDR is one of the worst for selection so we typically go to a specialty restaurant the first evening. I always thought the first night in the MDR should be one of the best to really WOW you but we rarely find that is the case.

We do the first night also since it seems to be less crowded....

I admit I haven't been in the MDR but have looked at menus. I thought it was Celebrity that had prime rib on the first night? I guess that might not appeal to you even if I'm right though :)

I admit I haven't been in the MDR but have looked at menus. I thought it was Celebrity that had prime rib on the first night? I guess that might not appeal to you even if I'm right though :)

They do have Prime Rib first night. First night in Blu features Filet. There is often a fist night promotion. Usually 20% off, but can be as much as 50%. Discounts depend on the amount of space available. No sales unless they need to fill space.

One advantage would be not having to wait in the long line to get into the MDR as passengers are taken to their tables.

Another is you will be guaranteed a table for 2.

You could also skip the mad house in the buffet by not eating lunch therefore saving calories and having room for the big spread.

Plus of you are at a table for eight you will really mess them up if you take "their seat" the next night. :rolleyes:

+1

Very true!

We got a 30% first night discount at Tuscan Grille on our recent Connie cruise.

In Feb on the Eclipse, we received half off the first night in Murano. We received it when we wandered back in the specialty restaurants areas checking them out. We were in AQ so could eat in Blu, but don't know if that made a difference. We were offered half off another afternoon just as we were coming aboard from a shore excursion. It was a 2 week trip.

I think it must vary from ship to ship and cruise to cruise.

Last May on Silhouette we asked Murano for their best offer on the first night and received two for one. For the whole of the rest of that cruise there were permanent offers on Tuscan and Qsine. Waiters from those restaurants were touting for business near the MDR.

This August on Eclipse the best offer was 20% reduction although the person manning the desk in Murano offered to ask the Maitre'D to contact us if he could authorise a better discount. In the end when we got to our Stateroom we found an offer giving us 50% off (I think it was because we were Select).

A couple of weeks before our Solstice Cruise on 8/9 we were offered a 20% off the first night in a specialty restaurant.

We used it for Murano and it was great.

I believe they see less traffic in the specialty restaurants on the first night. We've experienced this on RCI as well.

They make you pay full price and then credit the discount back to you. I've found that we've always had to follow up with Guest Service to get the credit.

In Feb on the Eclipse, we received half off the first night in Murano. We received it when we wandered back in the specialty restaurants areas checking them out. We were in AQ so could eat in Blu, but don't know if that made a difference. We were offered half off another afternoon just as we were coming aboard from a shore excursion. It was a 2 week trip.

It can make a difference if you're in AQ. On Reflection in Apr. I was having lunch in Aqua Spa cafe embarkation day. Our table was approached and offered a first night QSine deal - 20% off for me (non AQ) but 50% off for my lunch companions as an alternative to Blu that night only.

This may/may not always be the case as others here have stated they've managed to receive 2 for 1 without being in AQ.

Definitely varies ship to ship and by sailing and not advertised in the daily program. Sometimes the Asst. MD's are wandering around offering something or you can inquire at the specialties themselves.

Archived