C1 aft cabins on S class

nikel

A while back somebody posted pictures with numbers of the C1 aft cabins on Silhouette or equivalent. I cannot seem to find it. Does anybody have it or even just the best of the ones with the largest balconies, I know they are not all the same. Thanks

Heres the picture of the Eclipse cabins. The Silhouette is the same layout, but I think some of the actual cabin numbers are changed. You will have to cross reference between the 2 deck plans to check. We had 8344 a couple of months ago and that is the line that has the wider balconies (by about 3 feet) starting at the top with 2152 in this picture. Note: the cabins are normal sized...just the balconies are bigger. Just so you know, there is almost no canopy (its about 2 feet wide), so its a real suntrap if the sun is in the right place.

aftbalcony.jpg

Simon

Heres the picture of the Eclipse cabins. The Silhouette is the same layout, but I think some of the actual cabin numbers are changed. You will have to cross reference between the 2 deck plans to check. We had 8344 a couple of months ago and that is the line that has the wider balconies (by about 3 feet) starting at the top with 2152 in this picture. Note: the cabins are normal sized...just the balconies are bigger. Just so you know, there is almost no canopy (its about 2 feet wide), so its a real suntrap if the sun is in the right place.

aftbalcony.jpg

Simon

Thank you, yes the Silhouette has different cabin numbers. If the cabins are the same size, where does that extra balcony space come from?

Thank you, yes the Silhouette has different cabin numbers. If the cabins are the same size, where does that extra balcony space come from?

I remember reading somewhere that it's due to the location of the housekeeping closets beside the cabins with the 'wider' balconies.... Not sure if that's true or not...

I remember reading somewhere that it's due to the location of the housekeeping closets beside the cabins with the 'wider' balconies.... Not sure if that's true or not...

Don't know...must be some sort of service area, but I didn't notice any closets. Whatever it is, there is no noise or interference of any sort, so grab one of them if you can. As you can see, we had an SV which is exactly the same cabin as a C1, just without the perks. Had a C1 before and to be honest, we would rather save the money and have a SV than pay the extra just to get canapes and a few other bits. Up to you though.

Simon

That's true, we've stayed in 1674 and that whole column has wider balconies due to some sort of cupboard or control panel in between cabins. The cabins are the same size. On Silhouette the numbers are basically one cabin along, so the wider balcony equivalent is 1676.

I'm very greatful to the person who provided us with this picture. When I saw it on the day I booked my cruise for next year, I called my TA back and changed my stateroom to 7364 :)

I can't take any real credit. I'd seen it before and just googled it!

Simon

While my husband has suggested it, I haven't booked an aft balcony because I'm concerned about lack of privacy. Looking down, you can see everyone's balcony! So, if I wanted to sit out there in my bikini and bathrobe... will every see? For those who do book aft cabins, is there any privacy??

We just booked 1200 on Solstice as a last-minute re-direct from our cancelled Millie cruise on 9/13.

It was the last balcony available; would have preferred one under the overhang, as we enjoy the shade, but it is what it is. And we do love watching the wake!

My question is: since we are heading south (Seattle to Ensenada) on this cruise, and since the sun's path is more southerly this time of year, do you think we will have at least a little shade on the balcony in the afternoon/early evening?

TIA for your input!

Regards,

Jan

While my husband has suggested it, I haven't booked an aft balcony because I'm concerned about lack of privacy. Looking down, you can see everyone's balcony! So, if I wanted to sit out there in my bikini and bathrobe... will every see? For those who do book aft cabins, is there any privacy??

Yes - you can see at least 1/3 and maybe as much as 2/3 to 3/4, of the verandas below you on the S class aft cabins, except for the very top cabin deck which is covered by the overhang from the public deck above. So people will be able to see you unless you are sitting right up against the door in which case they still might see your feet or parts furthest from the door or cabin wall.

The M class is a completely different situation and the aft C1 and FV verandas on the M class are incredible. We haven't tried the AQ added to the M class in recent years.

Had a C1 before and to be honest, we would rather save the money and have a SV than pay the extra just to get canapes and a few other bits. Up to you though.

Actually only paying $40. p.p more than what we did for a 1B, as there was a huge price drop for a CC guarantee after final payment. Have not been assigned a cabin yet, but was told that I am slated for a C1.....so we shall see what I really get...

Had a C1 before and to be honest, we would rather save the money and have a SV than pay the extra just to get canapes and a few other bits. Up to you though.

Actually only paying $40. p.p more than what we did for a 1B, as there was a huge price drop for a CC guarantee after final payment. Have not been assigned a cabin yet, but was told that I am slated for a C1.....so we shall see what I really get...

Hi, Penney...on a gty how did you find out you're slated for a C1? Thanks!! ~~Judy

Penney and Herb, I think you did quite well for just $40 pp! Now you will get a double cruise credit, bottle of sparkling wine, and an improved room service breakfast (the smoothies are very good).

Anyone have any thoughts on the sun issue on our southbound?

Jan

Hi, Penney...on a gty how did you find out you're slated for a C1? Thanks!! ~~Judy

Well when I called to see if I had a cabin yet, the person said no but I see you are down for a C1. When I originally changed to the guarantee I had a very chatty person and we spoke for a while. So who knows.....you know what they say about the people on the phone at Celebrity, half of them know what they are doing and the other half don't.....we'll see where I land up.

Penney and Herb, I think you did quite well for just $40 pp! Now you will get a double cruise credit, bottle of sparkling wine, and an improved room service breakfast (the smoothies are very good).

Anyone have any thoughts on the sun issue on our southbound?

Jan

Actually for this cruise it is three credits. I'm happy about the breakfast menu as I'm sure most morning I will be having it in the cabin since we are so port intensive.

What sun issue??? We are zigzagging around.

What sun issue??? We are zigzagging around.[/quote]

Well, I think maybe we are talking apples and oranges ...

Your cruise is entirely different from ours; only thing in common is that we are both in aft C1's on Solstice class.

Earlier today I asked a question about sun on the aft (1200, C1) from Seattle to Ensenada in a few weeks. We are heading directly south.

So far no one has offered any advice, but that's ok!

So glad to hear you are getting 3 credits! WTG!

Regards,

Jan

WOW, that is quite a jump for a low cost...good for you!! I hope you do end up in a C1...I think aft would be nice. We were in 2103 (C2) and felt it was a great location. Now we're waiting to find out which cabin we have:eek:...changed to a gty. Looking forward to meeting you and I hope your box packing/move is going well...you'll be ready for this cruise!!! ~~Judy

As Larry said, if someone is leaning on their balcony rail they will see about 2/3 of the balconies below, but I don't think it is really an issue as most of the time I was looking at the view. Unless you are planning on being topless, I really wouldn't worry too much...its no worse than laying round the pool.

Simon

Archived