Elite: Starting to feel less appreciated by Celebrity

djjoe

What if they are Elite and in a suite? I guess only half of their body will be identifiable. ;) :D

I'm a suite and Elite! Getting scared for my cruise next week now, what if I am shunned by both camps? As long as I get my free cocktail hour I'm fine I think! And maybe a wee mimosa for brekkie?! I do have other interests than alcohol I swear ;)

I'm a suite and Elite! Getting scared for my cruise next week now, what if I am shunned by both camps? As long as I get my free cocktail hour I'm fine I think! And maybe a wee mimosa for brekkie?! I do have other interests than alcohol I swear ;)

Get one of those necklace type room card holders and make sure you face the colored side of your card so people can see it, so they can read "elite" and if you are really special, the card will also say "VIP". There is no way you will be shunned, in fact people will hold the elevator doors for you, let you move in front of them in the buffet and offer you their chaises by the pool if you want them :)

No worries.

Get one of those necklace type room card holders and make sure you face the colored side of your card so people can see it, so they can read "elite" and if you are really special, the card will also say "VIP". There is no way you will be shunned, in fact people will hold the elevator doors for you, let you move in front of them in the buffet and offer you their chaises by the pool if you want them :)

No worries.

Wow! Can't wait! I guess people do that right? That's sad, yeah I've said what I am on here, but I certainly don't go round telling people on the ship, that's pretty sad! Having said that there were a lot of people on board the RCCL ships we normally cruise on with their diamond pins on display and felt the need to explain them...gawd.. :o

Heard Celebrity is going to bring a Tatoo artist on there ships to tatoo Elite free of charge.

I've always wanted a tattoo, think this is what I will go for haha, or course it will only mean anything 2 weeks a year for me haha..:p

Never seen ropes on the large RCI ships. I cannot say it never happened, but I have not seen that.

And btw it's a question what seats are the best in Aqua theatre.

Alhough I rank RCI overall higher than Celebrity, RCI is modest in "presentation" and less formal.

Not everything that is tolerable on RCI should be copied on Celebrity - my opinion.

P.S.

Checked my photos - no ropes.

There are definitely ropes on RCI and as other posters have said, those are the best seats in the Aqua theater without question. The "ropes" are most notable in the Aqua Theater because the seating there is rather limited, whereas in the other venues there are so many good seats that it doesn't really matter.

The statement was (your words), "This is an example of how to do it in a civilised way".

Given your reply, the only question is exactly what "it" is?

No. This is a part of the statement.

The whole statement:

They may reserve a lounge or a whole deck for suite passengers...

This is an example of how to do it in a civilized way.

"It" means separate restaurants, lounges, boxes or balconies in the theatre for suite guests. Those will be "perks" included in the price.

A cruise ship must be designed accordingly.

There are definitely ropes on RCI and as other posters have said, those are the best seats in the Aqua theater without question. The "ropes" are most notable in the Aqua Theater because the seating there is rather limited, whereas in the other venues there are so many good seats that it doesn't really matter.

Note that Aqua Theater is a kind of open deck performance.

I did not see ropes there - may be because I prefer balconies in the AT.

Did you see ropes in the main theater?

A roped off area makes the most sense. If they just had reserved signs, then people would sit in them anyway. Hopefully the rope makes people think before they sit down.

Actually thy don't. RCI has crew in all three venues plus signs are posted and people who are not in suites or Pinnacle still try to sit down.

Agree. The seats in the main theater aren't bad but we have found seats that we like better. The ones in Studio B are not that great either.

The whole statement:

"It" means separate restaurants, lounges, boxes or balconies in the theatre for suite guests. Those will be "perks" included in the price.

Sounds very CLASSY as in first, second and third class passage where they are not allowed to mix.:eek:

Sounds very CLASSY as in first, second and third class passage where they are not allowed to mix.:eek:

LOL,:D

Lock the gates, the ropes will just not do.:eek:

I realize you are trying to be funny but it isn't that bad. They probably hold 5 or 6 rows of the mid-section of the Aqua Theatre for Suites, Pinnacle and D+. They don't fill up and 10 minutes before the show starts they release the remaining seats (probably the majority).

The class warfare you are trying to provoke or laugh at doesn't exist. It's a few row of seats in a very large theatre and they are rewarding those who are very loyal and those spending the big bucks to cruise with the line.

Please keep in mind, unlike Celebrity, Royal does not have Concierge Class where double points are given. There D1 staterooms are treated as other balcony rooms. Also those staying in JS cabins (similar to S cabins on Celebrity) are not treated as true suite passengers. Yes they get double points, but no suites amenities.

The whole statement:

Until X gives Elites priority on lifeboats, "My Heart Will Go On." ;)

I realize you are trying to be funny but it isn't that bad. They probably hold 5 or 6 rows of the mid-section of the Aqua Theatre for Suites, Pinnacle and D+. They don't fill up and 10 minutes before the show starts they release the remaining seats (probably the majority).

The class warfare you are trying to provoke or laugh at doesn't exist. It's a few row of seats in a very large theatre and they are rewarding those who are very loyal and those spending the big bucks to cruise with the line.

Please keep in mind, unlike Celebrity, Royal does not have Concierge Class where double points are given. There D1 staterooms are treated as other balcony rooms. Also those staying in JS cabins (similar to S cabins on Celebrity) are not treated as true suite passengers. Yes they get double points, but no suites amenities.

Yes, I was joking but I was actually laughing at Cruisetail's post

The whole statement:

I found this statement going back to the days of the ships in the 19th century, where classes were kept apart during the passage.:D

Yes, I was joking but I was actually laughing at Cruisetail's post

I found this statement going back to the days of the ships in the 19th century, where classes were kept apart during the passage.:D

As I thought you probably were joking.

Is it I or has this thread gone way off topic? ;):eek::D

Archived