Elite: Starting to feel less appreciated by Celebrity

djjoe

SLK230R3ED...I hope you are referring to the Dec. 8 Quest cruise. My husband, sister and brother-in-law are on it also. Looking forward to trying that product.

Cruisenut....I agree with your picture.

It should not be about making it difficult for Elites to rise to higher ranks but in making the gap wider to get to Elite. 5-9 cruises for Select needs to be increased to some number higher than 10 to reach Elite status. And 276 days to move out of Elite to the next level is way out of line. D+ is 175 days. It would be most difficult for most cruisers to make that jump. Not everyone is retired and lives near a cruise port.

Please X, Port Royal is not speaking for all of us. Definately not for me!

SLK230R3ED...I hope you are referring to the Dec. 8 Quest cruise. My husband, sister and brother-in-law are on it also. Looking forward to trying that product.

Cruisenut....I agree with your picture.

It should not be about making it difficult for Elites to rise to higher ranks but in making the gap wider to get to Elite. 5-9 cruises for Select needs to be increased to some number higher than 10 to reach Elite status. And 276 days to move out of Elite to the next level is way out of line. D+ is 175 days. It would be most difficult for most cruisers to make that jump. Not everyone is retired and lives near a cruise port.

Please X, Port Royal is not speaking for all of us. Definately not for me!

The rational for my calculations was to first start with Elite = 10 cruises, then @ 14 nights - Then add 1 = 141

10 Cruises @ 14 nights over a lifetime should be achievable if you like the Celebrity Brand

A personal note to Celebrity Cruises from a Celebrity fan.

This thread has fully discussed, with some intelligence, the rationale behind the need to reduce the number of Celebrity Captain's Club Elites. The consensus being there must be a cull, failing that, the Elite benefit would quickly become financially unsustainable, resulting in the loss of the benefits facility.

Therefore, I suggest to adjust the Club bandings. This to ensure loyalty is rewarded, with loyalty being judged by the actual number of nights sailed with Celebrity and Azamara, and not the potential culmination of 2/3 night Celebrity Cruises.

Suite guest to receive 'double days' as per the known Celebrity and RCL protocols.

CLASSIC = UP TO AND INCLUDING 75 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY/AZAMARA SHIP

SELECT = FROM 76 UP TO AND INCLUDING 140 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY/AZAMARA SHIP

ELITE =FROM 141 UP TO AND INCLUDING 275 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY/AZAMARA SHIP

NEW VIP STATUS [?] = FROM 276 up to and including 700 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY/AZAMARA SHIP

The reciprocal facility of Diamonds with RCL automatically becoming Elite with Celebrity, and visa versa across all club status levels, to end.

A Celebrity feedback on my personal thoughts would be appreciated.

Dear Celebrity - please disregard the above note! ;)

Just CRACKS me up how the folks that are Elite right now - want to set the bar VERY high for future Elites when THEY got to Elite under the relaxed criteria. :cool:

It is my hope that the Elite requirements will stay the same with X adding on additional top tiers. Perhaps Elites then only get vouchers with those above Elite having the cocktail party. What is going to provide EXCELLENT entertainment - listening to those that thought they'd be in the new level complain when they aren't. :eek:

Just CRACKS me up how the folks that are Elite right now - want to set the bar VERY high for future Elites when THEY got to Elite under the relaxed criteria. :cool:

Please don't get upset at all elites because one has a plan that has a snowball's chance in hades of ever being implemented.

We're elite and would like to see a more consistent application of the unwritten policy when dealing with frequent cruisers.

At the same time we realize a change is required on some highly popular cruises but in no way do we suggest or even conceive of a policy that would strip current levels.

Perks across brands is a valuable marketing strategy of getting Royal passengers to a different style of cruising and Celebrity cruisers trying Royal with their families and grandkids.

The rational for my calculations was to first start with Elite = 10 cruises, then @ 14 nights - Then add 1 = 141

10 Cruises @ 14 nights over a lifetime should be achievable if you like the Celebrity Brand

Life is tough, and then you die.:cool:

It is my hope that the Elite requirements will stay the same with X adding on additional top tiers. Perhaps Elites then only get vouchers with those above Elite having the cocktail party. What is going to provide EXCELLENT entertainment - listening to those that thought they'd be in the new level complain when they aren't. :eek:

I totally agree. They are the first to complain that it is too easy to make Elite now, but it wasn't too easy when they made Elite under the same set of rules. Seems like they want to be truly Elite, without others being able to get the same perks.

I totally agree. They are the first to complain that it is too easy to make Elite now, but it wasn't too easy when they made Elite under the same set of rules. Seems like they want to be truly Elite, without others being able to get the same perks.

This reference to a "they" is becoming a royal pain.. ;)

This reference to a "they" is becoming a royal pain.. ;)

Sorry you don't like it. A lot of things are a pain to me.

BTW, the word "They" refers to every Elite person who has said that it is now too easy to become Elite, even though they got there with the same easy rules.

There will be no relaxed criteria. Criteria for each status level will be actual nights at Sea.

Okay, Celebrity does not have an infinite amount of money to fund the Elites. Because the consensus of opinion that there are too many Elites, so with the Elite benefits do you just water the value of any benefits down year after year, until there is nothing left. Or take the radical decision to cull Elites without having to water down any future benefits.

My opinion is to cull now to save the current level benefits for future Elite members.

Sorry you don't like it. A lot of things are a pain to me.

BTW, the word "They" refers to every Elite person who has said that it is now too easy to become Elite, even though they got there with the same easy rules.

If, as you allege some Elites achieved Elite status by some easy route, then under a proposed plan there will be no easy routes, only number of nights sailed with be counted.

It is being seen to be fair and reasonable.

Question: Is it correct for a person to achieve D+ with a single 2 night GAR on RCL, then to automatically receive Elite on Celebrity, with all the benefits of D+ and Elite?

If your answer is no you have just joined the campaign for Elite status by nights sailed with Celebrity.;)

I don't see this happening. RCCL would like to see the top tier RCI guests move over to X as RCI works to attract more first time cruisers and families. By allowing the perks to cross over between both lines it's much easier to achieve ths goal and it's working. We are an example of that and from reading both the RCI and X boards, we are not alone.

The cruise lines know what the past guest programs cost. Look at the C&A program on RCI. Many, many more past guests on those ships and RCI is adding Diamond lounges to all but one ship in their fleet in addition to the Concierge lounges. RCI knows that this one perk helps with bringing guests back to RCI over and over. X knows this also so I don't think you will see it going away any time soon.

I think we should all enjoy the perks offered and not worry if or when there will be changes. Just enjoy the ride......:)

Agree with this. As the loyal Royals mature, they may not be interested in all the bells, whistles, and kids Royal has to offer. Instead of trying out Princess or Holland, the reciprocity may just keep them under the Royal corporate umbrella. I do agree that Celebrity should go to a nights sailed for their Captains Club levels. It's a more equitable system but I'm thinking the lines should be drawn closer to Royals and no one should lose their current level.

:) Many of us longtime Elite members became Elite when you received 1 cruise credit no matter how long the cruise, what kind of cabin you booked, or how much you spent. Back then you needed 10 cruises to become Elite.

:) Many of us longtime Elite members became Elite when you received 1 cruise credit no matter how long the cruise, what kind of cabin you booked, or how much you spent. Back then you needed 10 cruises to become Elite.

Well done! - It is people like you that I respect, and am wishing to preserve in the long term Elite benefits that have been gained by sailing loyally with Celebrity.:D;)

If, as you allege some Elites achieved Elite status by some easy route, then under a proposed plan there will be no easy routes, only number of nights sailed with be counted.

Question: Is it correct for a person to achieve D+ with a single 2 night GAR on RCL, then to automatically receive Elite on Celebrity, with all the benefits of D+ and Elite?

If your answer is no you have just joined the campaign for Elite status by nights sailed with Celebrity.;)

But of course that person is a child and would have zero impact on the overcrowding issue.

I have no problem with just using days sailed (if the numbers are realistic, but the numbers that were posted was ridiculous - 10 14 night cruise to make Elite in as you said a lifetime), but we don't know if that is what is going to happen. Why irks me is that the Elites that complain that there are too many Elites because it is too easy for new Elites to get that tier (getting 1 point for less than 7 days sailed, extra point for Concierge Class or Suites, etc.), when in fact, that is exactly how they go there.

BTW, I didn't see Celebrity propose any plan, either using days saled or not.

Being from a sales and marketing background, I know that a company, with their loyalty programs, has to make it seem attainable to their customers, because they want them to sail more, buy more, etc. to get to that next tier, but if it seems out of reach for many, they will just not try to get to that next level.

I don't cruise Royal Caribbean,except for my very first every cruise, so sorry I can't answer your question, because I don't know what it takes for them to become D+.

But that changed and people are now complaining that someone would get 1 point for a 2 day cruise, etc.. So those are the rules that are now in place today and that is what I'm talking about. When I started cruising with Celebrity, it was also just 1 point as well no matter how long or what cabin you were in.

Well done! - It is people like you that I respect, and am wishing to preserve in the long term Elite benefits that have been gained by sailing loyally with Celebrity.:D;)

And I respect each and every Celebrity customers and want them all to get a fair shake in any changes that Celebrity does.

But of course that person is a child and would have zero impact on the overcrowding issue.

Many thanks for your post

Sadly not 100% correct - Adults are also enrolled as D+ [Elite] - On a RCL cruise on a computer the DL, a D+ enrolled her 3 daughters and a son, all with partners and children. I was given to understand that by the end of the RCL Cruise, the new D+ 'household' then enrolled their children and partners in marriage.

With one click of a mouse, those 8 new 'household' adults plus the 5 children of those adults were D+ [Elite], just for taking one short RCL Cruise.

Children can become adults with families of their own, who then may wish to enroll their families (household) as D+ [Elite] after correctly taking a single RCL 2 night Cruise.;)

Too many Elites.

The questions of this thread are basically how to drastically reduce the current and future levels of Elites, this to ensure the Elite benefits business model becomes financially viable with the current level of benefits being fully sustainable in the longer term.

I don't cruise Royal Caribbean,except for my very first every cruise, so sorry I can't answer your question, because I don't know what it takes for them to become D+.

A single Cruise.

After taking a single 2 night GAR inside 'shoulder cruise', then have a D+ member of their 'household' enroll them as a D+ [automatically Elite] - Nothing more - Not a bad set of combined benefits for a single cruise? :rolleyes:

Hence too may Elites;)

A single Cruise.

After taking a single 2 night GAR inside 'shoulder cruise', then have a D+ member of their 'household' enroll them as a D+ [automatically Elite] - Nothing more - Not a bad set of combined benefits for a single cruise? :rolleyes:

Hence too may Elites;)

The problem is with Royal Caribbean, so why are you punishing the Celebrity cruisers. Maybe you should propose a new program for Royal Caribbean.

But that changed and people are now complaining that someone would get 1 point for a 2 day cruise, etc.. So those are the rules that are now in place today and that is what I'm talking about. When I started cruising with Celebrity, it was also just 1 point as well no matter how long or what cabin you were in.

:) Then you must also remember back then we had to pay for our CC membership. :)

:) Then you must also remember back then we had to pay for our CC membership. :)

I do, but that was back then. We can only talk about what the program is today and what possible changes Celebrity will do and how it will affect all of their passengers, to which it should be fair for all. If you want to hold on to what happened in the past, that's okay, but I don't.

The problem is with Royal Caribbean, so why are you punishing the Celebrity cruisers. Maybe you should propose a new program for Royal Caribbean.

We are not punishing Celebrity Cruisers, just asking for Celebrity loyalty to be judged and acknowledge by the nights actually sailed, not a total number of very short cruises, albeit one.

This thread was intended for Celebrity Elites, but your point is a very fair one. Perhaps we could start a RCL thread with the premise of C&A status gained by actual sailed nights only, not the number of short cruises, as this would then greatly reduce the number of D/D+/Pinnacle, and thereby Elites being 'Household Enrolled'.

Stand by for the solar wind which will approach soon from the West.;)

Archived