How many has seen this guy in the piano bar?

bubbakirk43

Rick yerkes ,he might can play a piano but he can not sing .Where is Simon when you need him? It seems to me carnival has with their cutbacks on entertainment been doing this for a while .This guy has had numerous contracts w/carnival and Disney.Wonder why he isn't still doing disney he would be perfect.

I read this on the "All Things Dream" thread. I even found a YouTube clip of him and hoped he'd be better in person but was told (warned?) on that thread that he's not all that. My DH will be disappointed, he really enjoyed the piano bar on our last cruise.

I asked john heald on his fb page last night and he has not responded and probably won't ,an admittance of any sort as to this guys lack of talent will only reinforce my position.I guess that maybe he thinks it is better to not respond and let it go away than to give any reassurance that they will try and hire better entertainers.

yes they still have it ,it just seems as though they must not have a lot of experienced entertainers applying to play on the carnival ships.Ron pass has moved on ,no matter it won't ruin or take anything away from my cruise that's for sure.

I do not know the guys name on the Liberty last week, but he was not good either. The bar was generally deserted each night, even when the comedy show (in the adjacent large lounge) let out and nobody went in. We went once, stayed for one song, and left. It was the one area where I felt there was a noticeable degradation from our last cruise in 2007.

I do not know the guys name on the Liberty last week, but he was not good either. The bar was generally deserted each night, even when the comedy show (in the adjacent large lounge) let out and nobody went in. We went once, stayed for one song, and left. It was the one area where I felt there was a noticeable degradation from our last cruise in 2007.

You can remember what went on in the piano bar in 2007? Wow.

I feel the same way. 2008 cruise was awesome because of the piano bar. I think it was just a good mix of the piano player and the guests. I haven't experienced as good of one since.

We were on the Splendor in spring of 2009 and I DEFINITELY remember how great the piano bar was - Ron Pass was playing and we were in there 4 or 5 of the nights - what a blast!! Okay... so maybe that first night is a little fuzzy, but after seeing how much our bar bill was, it's no wonder! :p:D

I don't know that any piano bar experience is going to measure up to that one - that bar was set a little too high I'm afraid. :(

Celine

But it would be nice if the piano player could actually sing. And have a personality.

Now that's just asking for to much. :-)

Reminds me of the piano bar player that was on the Ecstasy last December. I don't remember his name, would have to go look at my fun times but he was horrible. But as SS said, at least we still have the piano bars. :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

I can certainly remember it being a rocking place and it being hard to get a seat. Brad Alexander was playing, and he was great and interacted well with the crown.

I already forget the name of the piano guy last week - he was horrible.

Now that's just asking for to much. :-)

Reminds me of the piano bar player that was on the Ecstasy last December. I don't remember his name, would have to go look at my fun times but he was horrible. But as SS said, at least we still have the piano bars. :-/

Some have been excellent like Brand Alesander and ___ Gallello and some have been awful and typically just the piano player and the bar waitress.

Strange thing is they finish a contract and get hired back for another one.

Hard to beat Marty though. He was on the cruise less than a month prior when I was on the Carnival Freedom.

Then of course hard to beat Ron Pass too.

My expectations were to high. ;-)

My guess is maybe they are having problems finding new people that want to be on a ship for x months and stuck with x because they want to. :-)

Archived