Cruise atlas...new info

karabear15

Hi all, I just received the new cruise atlas in the mail today, I've seen a posting asking when it would be arriving. So everyone should get theirs shortly I'd assume. However, one thing I've noticed so far and I'm only 20 pages in...there is a new loyalty level. Again. This has been brought up amongst members asking what they were going to do, and it shows that from your 4th-5th cruise you will be considered Ruby level. It seems they cut the platinum level benefits in half, leaving platinum with the internet credit, preferred check in, disembarkation lounge and of course our lovely little pins. They closed the gap from gold to platinum, however the gap from platinum to elite still stands. Hope this answers everyone's questions regarding what the plan was regarding loyalty levels!

Sent from my EVO using Forums mobile app

Hi all, I just received the new cruise atlas in the mail today, I've seen a posting asking when it would be arriving. So everyone should get theirs shortly I'd assume. However, one thing I've noticed so far and I'm only 20 pages in...there is a new loyalty level. Again. This has been brought up amongst members asking what they were going to do, and it shows that from your 4th-5th cruise you will be considered Ruby level. It seems they cut the platinum level benefits in half, leaving platinum with the internet credit, preferred check in, disembarkation lounge and of course our lovely little pins. They closed the gap from gold to platinum, however the gap from platinum to elite still stands. Hope this answers everyone's questions regarding what the plan was regarding loyalty levels!

The only changes are the new Ruby level with free upgrade to platinum when purchasing insurance & a 10% discount on the cruise DVD and nothing else has changed. You must have misread the platinum benefits which are the same as before & not cut in half.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/memberShipBenefitsForProspect.jsp

I understand that the platinum benefits are still the same, but didn't they take what was all platinum benefits and stick them into ruby level? I normally don't receive the atlas as I have never requested it in the past, so yes you may be right in saying I misread something.

I understand that the platinum benefits are still the same, but didn't they take what was all platinum benefits and stick them into ruby level? I normally don't receive the atlas as I have never requested it in the past, so yes you may be right in saying I misread something.

Try the link I posted for CC benefits & the only platinum benefit given to Ruby was the insurance upgrade. The changes are the 10% DVD discount & the platinum insurance upgrade which was previously earned at the platinum level.

Both Ruby benefits seem to be an attempt to sell more insurance & DVDs by offering the insurance upgrade sooner & the DVD discount with the new level. :)

Ruby has been in place for a few months now. I understand it was merely a name change from, I believe, Medallion.

Medallion level was added several months ago and then changed to Ruby after a couple of months. It is for those who have completed 3 or 4 Princess cruises or between 30 and 50 day.

The perks for this level are:

Upgrade to the premium insurance package when purchasing the basic one.

10% discount on the purchase of the Reflections DVD.

People in this level were formerly in the Gold level.

Wish they would have had Ruby before. I love the new pins and card color, would have been great for my scrapbook. But it's been about 15 years since I was at that level. I don't want to trade my elite pin and black card for it :D

I've been wondering if they will split platinum and elite too? I'd hate to have been enjoying the top level for a few cruises, only to find I am now below it and you need 50+ cruises or 500 days to get there <sigh>

Wish they would have had Ruby before. I love the new pins and card color, would have been great for my scrapbook. But it's been about 15 years since I was at that level. I don't want to trade my elite pin and black card for it :D

I've been wondering if they will split platinum and elite too? I'd hate to have been enjoying the top level for a few cruises, only to find I am now below it and you need 50+ cruises or 500 days to get there <sigh>

Don't give them any ideas, thats about what it takes to be a 5 star HAL member

Archived