OMG!!! Flying in day of... I'M CRAZY!!!

That's right, I'm committing the ultimate act of heresy according to Cruise Critic.... I'M FLYING IN THE MORNING OF MY CRUISE!!!!!

Of course, I'm flying from Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale. If there's any issue, I'll just rent a car and drive down. But nonetheless, I have prepared myself for the onslaught of condemnation that this act must receive....

Truth be told, I was flying into Ft. Lauderdale on Friday, but decided to go to Orlando instead to catch up with a friend. I was going to just drive down Saturday morning. But I can get a flight for $35!

Commence your condemnation now...:o

That's right, I'm committing the ultimate act of heresy according to Cruise Critic.... I'M FLYING IN THE MORNING OF MY CRUISE!!!!!

Of course, I'm flying from Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale. If there's any issue, I'll just rent a car and drive down. But nonetheless, I have prepared myself for the onslaught of condemnation that this act must receive....

Truth be told, I was flying into Ft. Lauderdale on Friday, but decided to go to Orlando instead to catch up with a friend. I was going to just drive down Saturday morning. But I can get a flight for $35!

If you saving money and can still rent a car and make it - what's the harm? Always have a plan. :cool:

hehehe.....our first TA we left Houston, TX and boarded the ship from Venice, Italy the morning of the cruise! Now that was crazy!!! Never again. :eek:

OP - bad cruiser! what were you thinking? ;)

I'll be in the same boat (er plane) in April...a NS out of PIT arriving @ 9:40 a.m. TI in hand, not planning on losing any sleep worrying since RCCL rep told me they recommend booking airfare into FLL up to three hours pre-departure time. Work has a bad habit of getting in the way of vacations darn it.

Wouldn't dream of raining on your parade! However, had to relay a story for you.

Several years ago our flight to Miami from O'Hare was delayed because of heavy thunderstorms in Miami. Pilot circled around and finally said he was returning to Orlando to take on more fuel and would wait there. At that time, like many on board (especially the women), my immediate thought was I hope he knows how much gas he has! Didn't like to be told when we were in the air that we were low on fuel!

We landed in Orlando and were on the ground for a few hours. Our cruise was the following day, so it was an inconvenience, not a problem. However, several passengers were due to sail that afternoon. They wanted to drive, but the airline would not pull their bags from the aircraft. Even when we re-boarded we sat on the plane for a long time.

We finally left and the passengers did make their cruise as far as I know, but it had to be very close.

So, I know you were joking to a certain extent, but be careful what you wish for! Mother nature can spoil the best of plans.

Don't worry...you'll be fine. I got reamed when I posted a thread about arriving day of my cruise. I evidently made the worst cruise critic faux pas ever. Not only am I arriving the day of the cruise, I arrive in the afternoon, have a connecting flight and am flying from the midwest to Puerto Rico. At least it's not in the winter! LOL. Oh...and I have NO INSURANCE! Talked about ruffled feathers. Everyone and their DD or (DH) told me all the horror stories and scolded me for not flying in the day before.

Don't worry...you'll be fine. I got reamed when I posted a thread about arriving day of my cruise. I evidently made the worst cruise critic faux pas ever. Not only am I arriving the day of the cruise, I arrive in the afternoon, have a connecting flight and am flying from the midwest to Puerto Rico. At least it's not in the winter! LOL. Oh...and I have NO INSURANCE! Talked about ruffled feathers. Everyone and their DD or (DH) told me all the horror stories and scolded me for not flying in the day before.

Love this! :) I frequently fly in day of. :eek::D

I just booked airfare into Newark the day of sailing for EX....I know better....hoping Michigan's winter weather is calm the beginning of April...besides, the money I save by not getting a hotel the night before will pay for transportation for 2 to and from the port.

Archived