Shower question

Exactly how small is the shower in a balcony room on the Liberty? Ladies, is there space to shave?

For all intents and purposes, the entire bathroom is a shower... The floor has a drain... So you don't have to confine yourself to the shower stall.

If DD is using the cabin by herself, make sure you're looking at the price for a "solo" traveler...probably 2x the 1-person rate, unless there's a promotion going on.

You said it's her first cruise, so look into the "bring a friend" deal. :)

I booked it! The price difference was $90.00. I justified it as actually being $10 extra when presenting it to DH. Last week I got $30 off due to a change in the taxes. We also had a $50 C&A certificate. So, with the $80 off the total we had originally expected the extra room was a heck of a deal!

She wanted to bring a friend but they will all be 18 by the cruise and will not be allowed in the teen club. We are thinking about it.

I booked it! The price difference was $90.00. I justified it as actually being $10 extra when presenting it to DH. Last week I got $30 off due to a change in the taxes. We also had a $50 C&A certificate. So, with the $80 off the total we had originally expected the extra room was a heck of a deal!

She wanted to bring a friend but they will all be 18 by the cruise and will not be allowed in the teen club. We are thinking about it.

Did you also get the "Bring a Friend" deal? It's $25 OBC for you for bringing a first-time-on-RC cruiser. (your daughter counts as your "friend").

Thank you. I am trying to convince DD17 that two balcony rooms connected will be better then one JS. She saw the showers in each and said she would rather have the JS. This is her first cruise so I am letting her help make decisions. I'm trying to persuade her toward two rooms.

Oh Jr Suite any day has a better bath, in my opinion! ;)

Did you also get the "Bring a Friend" deal? It's $25 OBC for you for bringing a first-time-on-RC cruiser. (your daughter counts as your "friend").

Yes. To get the "friend deal" the "friend" has to be 18 or older. So, if she brings her 18 year old friend we can get the deal.

Wow, I had no idea! Thank you for that information.

Very true. The entire floor does drain.

Once both of us are done, we put a used towel on the floor to stand on in the bathroom so there are no wet feet. When we are done, we place our used towels on the floor together. Towels that can live to dry another day stay on the towel bars.

Exactly how small is the shower in a balcony room on the Liberty? Ladies, is there space to shave?

I always shave in the shower. Just stand and put one foot up on the opposite wall. Works good enough. Not a great way to have to do it, but it works.

This thread is hysterical! Men, do you see the hoops we jump through to look nice for you?

Well, I've been enjoying the shaving conversation. Trying to remember. I think the last time was 1974. As you can guess, the DW and I don't fight over who used the razor.

I love the visuals that this thread is creating. We have some very clever ladies on here. Where there is a will there is a way;)

The actual quote is: "where there is a whip, there is away". Doesn't sound very good in this context, but that is the quote from Tolkien. But, we are discussing ladies, not orcs.

OK, just back from Enchantment- here is how I shaved my legs. I opened the curtain, pressed my (ample) butt against the back wall, stuck my head out of the stall completely and shaved that way.

On a related note, what do you guys do with the soap at the sink? There is no soapdish, if we left it sitting on the (not ample) counter, it would make a gooey mess. We tried putting it on a folded feminine disposal bag, the ink melted all over the soap. We tried sitting it on a washcloth, but, we only had 1 each, so, someone had to do without. I think on my next cruise, I will bring a suction cup soap holder and other accessories. ;)

OK, just back from Enchantment- here is how I shaved my legs. I opened the curtain, pressed my (ample) butt against the back wall, stuck my head out of the stall completely and shaved that way.

On a related note, what do you guys do with the soap at the sink? There is no soapdish, if we left it sitting on the (not ample) counter, it would make a gooey mess. We tried putting it on a folded feminine disposal bag, the ink melted all over the soap. We tried sitting it on a washcloth, but, we only had 1 each, so, someone had to do without. I think on my next cruise, I will bring a suction cup soap holder and other accessories. ;)

We always put it on a wash cloth, even in hotels. Some room stewards don't seem to get the hint and keep removing the cloth. Most leave it. If necessary, ask for more. If for some reason, you have an unreasonable steward, remember, they leave their carts unguarded in the hall:eek::p

DD and I have had both 2 rooms, and a JS, I much prefered the 2 rooms with an open door - gave us each privacy to sleep, dress etc , but could sit up in one room or out on one balc when we wanted. Only thing I missed in 2 rooms, was the lounge chair on the balc.

In the JS, she slept on the sofa, so when she wanted to take a quick nap before dinner she used my bed, and we had to share - if we split it to a twin, we lost space in the room during the day.

Large bath was nice, but we never use the tub except as the shower.

if we have 2 rooms, we could both shower and get ready for dinner or to go out for the day much faster, and not be in each others space!!:rolleyes:

I'm like most of the other ladies, I pop the doors open, angle the water away and prop my foot up on the toilet to shave. I am neither flexible, no thin, but I am tall through the body, there's no way in hades I could bend over and shave in that shower. But, the toilet works great with minimal fuss.

One thing I find helpful is using a razor that has the built-in gel bars (like Venus Breeze). I don't have to mess with the shave gel or soap while trying to shave... a lot mess moving around! I know they can be a little more pricey but to me it's well worth it while on the cruise!

On that note, I'm glad I happened to read this thread because I almost forgot about this and need to go buy some for my upcoming cruise! :)

On a related note, what do you guys do with the soap at the sink? ;)

Someone posted recently that they carry a net type holder, it comes with a hanger. Looks similar to the laundry bags for delicates.

It's left hanging in the shower. Can hold small shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc. There was a pic. Think they can be picked up at Walmart.

I'll be taking one this time. It'll hold the razor too.

I may improvise. I already have a few 'delicate' bags. Might just slip a child's hanger in there to make it work.

We always put it on a wash cloth, even in hotels. Some room stewards don't seem to get the hint and keep removing the cloth. Most leave it. If necessary, ask for more. If for some reason, you have an unreasonable steward, remember, they leave their carts unguarded in the hall:eek::p

:eek::eek: Would that make me a washcloth hog? :eek::eek:

Archived