Shower question

Thank you. I am trying to convince DD17 that two balcony rooms connected will be better then one JS. She saw the showers in each and said she would rather have the JS. This is her first cruise so I am letting her help make decisions. I'm trying to persuade her toward two rooms.

I've never been on the Liberty specifically, but all the showers are about equal on the cruises I have been on.

Yes, it is more difficult to shave. And it depends on the size/flexibility/balance of the lady doing the shaving. But to this point I haven't had a problem leaning against one wall and putting my foot on the other wall to shave. it's not ideal, but do-able.

I'd much rather struggle shaving and have the extra bathroom available than have to share one bathroom with 4 or more people. That's just me though :)

I've never been on the Liberty specifically, but all the showers are about equal on the cruises I have been on.

Yes, it is more difficult to shave. And it depends on the size/flexibility/balance of the lady doing the shaving. But to this point I haven't had a problem leaning against one wall and putting my foot on the other wall to shave. it's not ideal, but do-able.

I'd much rather struggle shaving and have the extra bathroom available than have to share one bathroom with 4 or more people. That's just me though :)

I agree with you! She is only 5' 2" and 110 pounds. I think she will have plenty of room. And this is her greatest concern about the room!

It's small but if you drop your soap there is enough room to bend down and pick it up...I guess this depends on your size and flexibility. I usually shave by placing my foot in the sink.

I find the answer to that to be "NO". You have to turn off the water, open the door....and bend down....

I'm not as flexible (or small) as I once was, but I open the shower door & put my foot up on the sink. You don't need to turn the water off, just lower the showerhead & face it away from the open door.

My family refer to the showers as Beam me up Scotties!

The JS is lovely, but climbing into that tub can be an issue. DH is short & not very nimble. I'm always afraid he's going to fall getting in or out..............

I agree with you! She is only 5' 2" and 110 pounds. I think she will have plenty of room. And this is her greatest concern about the room!

At that size she should be fine. I'm 5'7" average weight and in my late 20s. I just have to bend my knee a little more. :)

DW is 6'0" and never complained about the shower in that kind of room. IIRC the shower has a sliding door though instead of a curtain. So perhaps less room to move.

However it sounds like either some flexibility or inventiveness is enough to get by.

I am 5'7" with an extra long waist length, so from my hip to the top of my head is pretty long. If I snuggle my butt into the far corner of the shower I can juuuuust make it over to shave my legs in the shower diagonally. I am not a fan of the toilet seat, because my shaver is made to be used with water, and the shower is the place.

For $90 more then three in a JS, I can book two in the JS and DD across the hall in an inside cabin. May be the best of both worlds. DH and I have privacy and DD has access to our shower if she wants. Just might be worth the $90.00.

For $90 more then three in a JS, I can book two in the JS and DD across the hall in an inside cabin. May be the best of both worlds. DH and I have privacy and DD has access to our shower if she wants. Just might be worth the $90.00.

That's sounds great...go for it!:D

I laughed at the lady with her foot in the sink to shave. I am 5'2" with an inseam of 23. I don't have enough leg to Reach the sink!

We are in a JS the next time-anniversary cruise. Most of the time we have the shower. With my stubby legs I simply lean back - I can wedge my leg on the wall to shave.

Visual probably not too graceful but it works for me.

If DD is using the cabin by herself, make sure you're looking at the price for a "solo" traveler...probably 2x the 1-person rate, unless there's a promotion going on.

You said it's her first cruise, so look into the "bring a friend" deal. :)

Archived