$200 Future Cruise Certificate Policy Changes

harryw

I received in the mail a $200 future cruise certificate from Oceania, but the terms indicate that it is only valid for select sailings, but doesn't indicate which ones!

In the past they would send certificates with no such restrictions, or list which cruises were applicable.

Harry

Sometimes corporations change their "rewards" and promotional offerings for a number of reasons (besides decreasing the expense).

For example, the $200 offer may have been deemed unnecessary unless it was targeted to harder to fill cruises. By limiting the $200 offer, the marketing folks may have estimated that it also would drive more on-board bookings instead.

All rewards are looked on as tools by the marketing staff to increase revenue ultimately and sometimes build brand loyalty.

In short, one can count on the fact that there always be changes.

I received in the mail a $200 future cruise certificate from Oceania, but the terms indicate that it is only valid for select sailings, but doesn't indicate which ones!

In the past they would send certificates with no such restrictions, or list which cruises were applicable.

Harry

I received one also. My TA told me to fill out with the cruise info I am doing next July and where to mail. Two days later the $200 was applied. Had no idea which cruises were eligible but they did apply to the one we have booked.

Frankly, the $200 was never a booking incentive for us. Takes more than that to stimulate my interest in spending many thousands of dollars. Don't take me the wrong way, it was a nice bonus. But we almost always book an inside room and it no longer applies to those.

I can see where it really adds up these days when more than 50% of passengers on any given cruise seem to be repeats.

In this day and age with the environmental concerns and high cost of design, printing and postage I am appalled by the number of brochures we get. I like to get the main ones but 2 copies of more than 1 sale flyer in a single week is nuts, and actually stimulates negative responses from me and others I know. It also reeks of desperation. They could easily cut their costs dramatically. I get that there are economies of scale but......

I also think that if they are offering free gratuities, then they should not punish those of us who have been faithful customers and enabled them to get where they are today. We are almost Silver ( 8 under our belt) and were looking forward to that benefit. So far that carrot was one of the reasons we have not cruised on another line. And if they need to offer booking incentives to fill a particular cruise, that incentive does not exist for all of us Oceania Loyalists.

Mo

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived