suites

cjnix29

A cheaper alternative to a suite since CCL has such few suite perks is an aft wrap. The balcony on ours in Feb. was enormous. We had guests all the time.

To me a suite is not about the perks, it is about the room and balcony size. The price for a suite on Carnival reflects the lack of perks.

To me a suite is not about the perks, it is about the room and balcony size. The price for a suite on Carnival reflects the lack of perks.

Definitely true, the only "perks" outside of the nice large cabin and balcony is priority embarkation/debarkation. And I will 2nd the aft-wrap Vista suites on the Spirit class as ones to try and book. And on the Captain's Suites, I think the Freedom (of the Conquest class) is the only ship not to have those and who knows, maybe that's on the schedule for the next dry dock.

Owners suites on the Fantasy class (most of them anyway) are extremely nice as well.

Yes indeed Jimbo! I'd wager you've seen THESE photos, but for others - enjoy the link.

M1-L.jpg

Note that we were the first people to stay in this suite (S2) following the remodel, and everything was not yet in place (bedskirt for example).

Tom

Yes indeed Jimbo! I'd wager you've seen THESE photos, but for others - enjoy the link.

M1-L.jpg

Note that we were the first people to stay in this suite (S2) following the remodel, and everything was not yet in place (bedskirt for example).

Tom

Quite a room(s). Wish they did longer cruises on the fantasy class, in those rooms it would be great.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

Tom,

I was trying to find the best board to post a reply to you. First of all -THANKS!!! Carnival had always been our favorite cruise line and we do still enjoy cruising with them but were becoming more disheartened as the cruises went on. We have the attitude that there is no such thing as a bad cruise but had never heard a lot of positive comments about NCL. Sometime in 2012 while reading more on NCL I stumbled across your suite comparison thread. Although we cannot afford to cruise in suites on a regular basis we booked one on the Jewel in March 2013 based on your reviews - it was great.

You probably already know this but NCL is now offering share holder OBC. I had been keeping an eye out for it and just saw it tonight. I have not gone wrong with CCL & RCCL stock and would expect NCL to do even better the way they are going. They do not have a dividend yet but still a good buy in my mind.

Thanks again for all the info you share,

Dave (HoN)

Tom,

I was trying to find the best board to post a reply to you. First of all -THANKS!!! Carnival had always been our favorite cruise line and we do still enjoy cruising with them but were becoming more disheartened as the cruises went on. We have the attitude that there is no such thing as a bad cruise but had never heard a lot of positive comments about NCL. Sometime in 2012 while reading more on NCL I stumbled across your suite comparison thread. Although we cannot afford to cruise in suites on a regular basis we booked one on the Jewel in March 2013 based on your reviews - it was great.

You probably already know this but NCL is now offering share holder OBC. I had been keeping an eye out for it and just saw it tonight. I have not gone wrong with CCL & RCCL stock and would expect NCL to do even better the way they are going. They do not have a dividend yet but still a good buy in my mind.

Thanks again for all the info you share,

Dave (HoN)

You're welcome!

Glad you had a great experience with the NCL suite!! Regarding the OBC, I noted that recently as well. We have RCCL and CCL stock also, but have held off with NCL. Apparently, at least at this point, the OBC can't be combined with many others. Since we booked our Breakaway through CAS (actually FREE.. WOO HOO!!), we would not be able to take advantage of it. On comped Royal, Celebrity, and Carnival cruises we've been able to get the shareholder's OBC as well (icing on the cake). Perhaps NCL will come around. If they do, we'll pick some up!

Tom

Archived