Millie.. Where is she now?

LeftcoastBC

ocess

She quickly moved "to the front of the line" of the group of ships anchored at the mouth of the canal, and she is anchored on the side where all the tankers are anchored. It shows her practically right on top of another tanker and one of our roll call has speculated that she's refueling, which she hasn't done since she left Alaska.

Much of our roll call is riveted to the various marine tracking websites.

The reason she is in that particular anchorage is just as you point out, taking on bunkers. That is the anchorage where all ships with hazardous cargo drop the hook, so while they are in the process they will be there. Just checked this morning and the tanker is still along side.

Millie has just started her transit through the Panama Canal, should be able to watch her go through the Miraflores lock on the Panama Canal webcam site, not sure when, but I would have thought within the next 4/5 hours? Maybe someone will correct me on this? the site is http://www.pancanal.com, I am following her with interest as we are on the 7th October sailing from Fort Lauderdale.

From where the various vessel tracking sites show the Millennium, it will take about an hour to get up to Miraflores. As long as the have the movable camera pointed south you should be able to see the her a little before that, of course that is just a ball park guestimate. The cruise ship Regatta is ahead of her

Millie has just started her transit through the Panama Canal, should be able to watch her go through the Miraflores lock on the Panama Canal webcam site, not sure when, but I would have thought within the next 4/5 hours? Maybe someone will correct me on this? the site is www.pancanal.com, I am following her with interest as we are on the 7th October sailing from Fort Lauderdale.

Hi Steve,

Based on our cruise through the Canal in 2010, once the Millie reaches the Bridge of the Americas, it is about 1/2 hour to the Miraflores Locks. Going through there takes about 1 hour. Then it's another 1/2 hour to the Pedro Miguel Locks, which take about 30 minutes. After that, it's a good 5 hours to the Gatun Locks (probably shorter this time since no passengers - we anchored in Gatun Lake for several hours). 2 hours for Gatun Locks, and then another hour to Cristobal Pier. The whole process takes approx. 8 - 10 hours - a 48 mile trip.

The Regatta is ahead of her, so if you see them on the web cam, the Millie should not be far behind!

I'm sure you are getting excited! Have a great trip!!!

Hi Beth - hope your well, wishing our time away again for our Eclipse 2014 cruise before we have had this one! Your right! I am just watching her approaching the lock, I thought it would take a lot longer.

Many thanks and see you next year!

It's nice that the crew will be able to witness the passage without having to wait on passengers! :) I hope they are being allowed to, as I'm sure they have been kept busy since they left Ketchikan.

Looks like there are a bunch of them out on the helipad!

Archived