Millie.. Where is she now?

LeftcoastBC

Look! She now has her name on the hull! Picture from Facebook

[ATTACH]285955[/ATTACH]

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Seems to be a new font and it is on blueish background, S Class is on white. Are they changing all ships to this "new style"? Or only M class?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

"While the technical work was going on in Freeport, Celebrity took advantage of the time to refresh soft goods on board. Also, the ship's name was emblazoned in large letters on the upper hull."

I had hoped they would freshen her up while she was down.

We sail on her Nov 2nd Hawaii to Singapore.

"While the technical work was going on in Freeport, Celebrity took advantage of the time to refresh soft goods on board. Also, the ship's name was emblazoned in large letters on the upper hull."

I had hoped they would freshen her up while she was down.

We sail on her Nov 2nd Hawaii to Singapore.

While I hope you're right, how do we know this? was that a quote from something?

I will be looking forward to seeing the cruise ship - Celebrity Millenium. Our first cruise ever with Celebrity. We leave Hawaii on 2nd November, and cruise via Tahitian islands, Suva & Noumea back to Sydney, Australia, my place of birth. My wife & I now live in Queensland, Australia. much warmer, in fact, here we are early September, not even summer, and we are 30 degrees celius.

According to some pictures I saw here on the board of Millenium condition I sure hope they have done some " upgrading" ! Those deck chairs I saw, where just , well , rotten, torn, dirty would be nice words to describe them.

OT: Hey germancruiser buchst du deine cruises in germany oder via USA TA? :D

I will be looking forward to seeing the cruise ship - Celebrity Millenium. Our first cruise ever with Celebrity. We leave Hawaii on 2nd November, and cruise via Tahitian islands, Suva & Noumea back to Sydney, Australia, my place of birth. My wife & I now live in Queensland, Australia. much warmer, in fact, here we are early September, not even summer, and we are 30 degrees celius.

Maybe we will bump into each other while aboard?

We are AQ on 11th deck.

We are still planning what to do in Sydney thinking of booking the bridge climb.

Any recommendations, we will be looking for a local pub and a pint.

Hi Baldercash - we are Deck 3. We spend little time in our cabin, we are both outdoor type persons, we like to walk the deck so many times (daily walking exercise). We are staying at Embassy Suites in Waikiki, and whilst there we hire stand up paddle boards from the Beach boys (we have our own boards here in Australia).

Sydney is an interesting city, if you know where to look. The harbour bridge walk is strenous, and some people get giddy from the heights. They do lock your safety harness to a railing. A lot of people have done the walk, but its something I have yet to do.

There are some interesting pubs in The Rocks area, near the wharf where the ships berth. I like "The Hero of Waterloo" Pub, but a little walk around the area, you find other interesting pubs, with some good home brewed, Pale Ales, IPA's, etc.

We disembark at Sydney, then cab it out to the airport, for our flight back to Brisbane, then onto Hervey Bay, Queensland.

Apart from the shops/pubs etc in The Rocks area, my recommendations for Sydney (depending on how much time you have in port), would be to utilise the Sydney Ferry system, which goes to numerous places within the Harbour, eg. Manly (short walk from Manly ferry terminal straight through to surfing beach facing the ocean). Another nice beach is Balmoral Beach, reached by ferry - this beach is inside the harbour, has a net enclosure & Bathers Restaurant (very upmarket) with excellent views of the harbour. Another place you can reach via sydney ferries is Watson Bay, where you will find a Sydney icon - "Doyles Fish Restaurant" - with a short walk to the Gap (stunning rock face looking down the pounding surf below)

When we lived in Sydney, we often visited Balmoral Beach (midweek), for a quiet swim & coffee sitting outside in the sunshine at Bathers Restaurant/cafe. The beach has nice sand, and the water is a lovely blue colour......enjoy!

If they "freshened" soft goods while replacing the pod, I hope they replaced duvet covers. I was on Millennium in June and while I enjoyed the cruise and they did work hard to please, I did comment on the stained linens on the emailed follow-up questionnaire.

While I gave compliments where deserved, when asked if everything was luxury, I said "Honestly, you can't say that white duvets with yellow stains are luxury." No, I didn't demand it be replaced when I was there, I was sure it was clean. And like many, I don’t like to complain to a room steward unless it’s really bad. Maybe it was just the water in the laundry… but I did notice the staining. (Mostly because I read another poster's comment about stained duvets before I left!)

Maybe “freshened” just means they bleached the heck out of them!

According to sailwx.info, she's approaching the southeast tip area of Cuba, about to be heading between Cuba and Hispanola. So far so good. As late as Tuesday or Wednesday they suggested she'd be on her way on Friday the 13th so she's ahead of that schedule. And they plan on making the 9/22 an Excite the Senses Cruise. I don't know about my "senses" but the rest of me is pretty excited!!

This is Celebrity's Instagram page:

http://instagram.com/celebritycruises

Archived