Millie.. Where is she now?

LeftcoastBC

Might as well have a bit of fun with this ill fated trip to the Repair yard.

In the other threads several links were put up to sites.

Neither of which appear now to have the Millie on their "Radar"

Where did she go? Did the worse happen or did they turn off the tracker device to thwart us CC'rs in our task to track this ship to it's last resting place or repair yard......................... whichever floats your boat.:D

I'll bet some enterprising CC'r can find her.

The site Cruise Mapper shows her off the coast of Mexico near Manzanillo

On vesselfinder.com, she was reported off the coast of Manzanillo yesterday, as noted below, so Acapulco sounds about right for a fairly current location:

CELEBRITY MILLENNIUM

Passenger ship , IMO 9189419

Last report:Aug 29, 2013 13:16 UTC

Sailing to:FREEPORT BAHAMAS

ETA:Sep 03, 01:00

Speed:15.7 kn / 125.8 °

In terms of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)

It is now...

8:08 PM

Friday, August 30, 2013 (UTC)

Posted at 1:08 PM, PDT

August 30, 2013

I seem to remember (several years ago) watching one of my favorite ships going through the Canal -- via webcams at the MiraFlores and Gaitun locks. Does anyone know if we'll have enough lead time on her whereabouts to watch Millie transiting the Canal (live)?

Right now she should be southwest of Salina Cruz, Mexico, a few hundred miles from Guatemala. I would estimate another three days until she reaches the Panama Canal as she has been averaging over 17 kts. for most of the voyage. She appears to be on schedule for arriving in dry dock on the 6th.

I found a link to the Miralores (western) locks webcam; maybe we can catch her when she comes through. I recall watching Monarch of the Seas make a night-time transit through the Canal, several years ago (her repo cruise from LA to the east coast). The locks themselves are pretty well lit-up, so we should be able to recognize her, even after dark. :cool:

http://kroooz-cams.com/portcams/so_america/miraflores1.php

She quickly moved "to the front of the line" of the group of ships anchored at the mouth of the canal, and she is anchored on the side where all the tankers are anchored. It shows her practically right on top of another tanker and one of our roll call has speculated that she's refueling, which she hasn't done since she left Alaska.

Much of our roll call is riveted to the various marine tracking websites.

I stand corrected, she will not make a night transit. This is a quote from a poster on a Canal specific forum:

Barring any special arrangements or circumstances the Millennium won't do a night transit. Ships that size are required to clear all the locks during daylight. There are a number of areas where ships over 100' beam can't meet other ships, the Gaillard Cut is the main culprit however. Even if they were able to do a night transit, there would not be any break on the tolls. They are already getting a "break" on the tolls as they are only being charged $108/passenger berth as opposed to the regular $134/passenger berth because there are no revenue passengers on board. Whatever savings that may have provided are probably wiped out because they probably had to bid for a transit booking. Otherwise they would have had to just wait their turn.

EM

Archived