Big Carnival Announcement on the Way

rockbock

Am I the only one who saw the segment on CBS morning show about Carnival and the new CEO? He spoke of the monies spend with upgrades to the ships. He also spoke about the guest experience, any thoughts? They spoke of Carnival as though it was one brand across instead of multi-lines that it represents. Part of segment was regarding the Costa disaster. We rebooked with Carnival because of our past experiences and prices this spring for past guests. I just wished we were able to go Europe with Carnival this year.

I saw it too, and that's all He spoke of. What was the big announcement?

Try Gasoline too.

My point being, inflation calculators aren't accurate because different things price out differently over time.

I don't dispute that (if that was the case, gas today would be $1.52 compared to what I used to pay when I bought my 1st car :o).

I vote yes, but you missed bringing back the Calypso bands.

I'm hoping For:

An announcement that they're bringing the return of the old cruise experience,....aka:

Midnight Buffets, Full Live Bands, Full "Broadway" style shows, Live Professional guest entertainers (instead of passenger talent/karioki), More Free dining options (Guy's Burgers/Iquana Cantina on ALL Ships, including Fantasy Class.), and at least give me a free drink at the "Captains Reception." again.

Youknow,...the way it used to be.;)

I don't dispute that (if that was the case, gas today would be $1.52 compared to what I used to pay when I bought my 1st car :o).

When the guys would get there change together and able to cruise the strip on fri/sat night;)

I have my cruise tickets for our 1994 cruise on the Tropicale. $799 for a 7 night, July sailing out of San Juan on a 6A cabin. If you enter that amount in an inflation calculator, you come up with $1259.

Looking at July 2014, 7 night cruises from San Juan are starting at $699.

In my opinion, cruise lines is a lot cheaper these days. If you are still willing to pay $1200pp for a cruise to get more, there are cruise lines out there that will be happy to take your money to give you a better experience.

I have been on 24 cruises with Carnival, started in 1993. Not once, did I ever pay 1200pp . My first cruise was in 1993, It was a 4 day, and was 679pp including airfare from OHIO. That was with Carnival booking air ( I learned that lesson, and book my own now.) Carnivals air dept always charges more than you would pay if you book it yourself. So that being said... that cruise was not high at all.

i don't know. You can be certain that at some point they are going to add a port or two in China. I don't want them to pull any more ships away from the US.
Adding a port or two in China will certainly make a few additional fun days at sea. :eek: Only a matter of time till they yank another ship away.

i don't know. You can be certain that at some point they are going to add a port or two in China. .
I do agree

With other cruiselines doing it already, it would make sense. Again CCL would not be a leader. RCL has already sent 2 Voyager class ships.

A trademark and...

DSC_3895.JPG

A trademark and...

...what? A nefarious personification of ship’s superstructure with lascivious intentions towards unsuspecting, sleeping female passengers?

Seriously, man, that is one of the most disturbing pictures I’ve ever seen!:eek:

i don't know. You can be certain that at some point they are going to add a port or two in China. I don't want them to pull any more ships away from the US.
Well maybe the quality of the Chinese food will improve

If they are still in business. :cool:
You can't help youself can you.:rolleyes:

As I said Marketing

When you sail on RCCL you will realize it is a good product and they are fun as well.

I do hope that Carnival has some big news to release on the 9th

I have sailed on RCCL, and to be honest, they were not as fun. While many of their ships were more "elegant", I go on vacation to relax, not dress up and worry about certain regulations, such as dress code, and not to be nickle and dimed. Carnival has the fun ships, Royal has the elegant ships, I don't think anyone can disagree.

I would take fun over elegant any day.

You can't help youself can you.:rolleyes:

Some people dont realize that in terms of innovation other cruise lines are running circles around Carnival and are able to fill their ship at sharply higher prices.

Hope the new class will be truly innovative and not more entertainment like the mostly disliked playlist productions

A trademark and...

...what? A nefarious personification of ship’s superstructure with lascivious intentions towards unsuspecting, sleeping female passengers?

Seriously, man, that is one of the most disturbing pictures I’ve ever seen!:eek:

I'll 2nd your synopsis.:eek: And I believe that Freddy would probably be arrested anywhere other than a Carnival ship doing that. A picture paints a thousand words - but that one - not a single word conjured fun in my eyes.

The $50 "scam" you describe sells out every cruise...... Maybe your wearing the rose colored glasses.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app on my iPad

I did the FTF last month. And will do it again on every cruise that I can. Because not everyone can afford more than 1 cruise a year. At that rate it will take me at least 7 years to get Platinum!

I have sailed on RCCL, and to be honest, they were not as fun. While many of their ships were more "elegant", I go on vacation to relax, not dress up and worry about certain regulations, such as dress code, and not to be nickle and dimed. Carnival has the fun ships, Royal has the elegant ships, I don't think anyone can disagree.

I would take fun over elegant any day.

I have not noticed any large differences between the two cruise lines. Differences sure, but not large ones.

There are also differences within the same cruise line between their different ship classes especially RC.

Celebrity though....now that's a different experience.

Archived