Can anyone recommend Aqua Room on Equinox?

gordylad

We were in an AquaClass stateroom on Millennium (also under the pool deck).

The only noticeable noise from above was when the cart full of towels rolled past on the pool deck. Other than that it was very quiet.

There is one other thing to be aware of however: Some (but not all) of the verandas for AquaClass staterooms have a very long overhang above (cantilever of the pool deck). That can make for a limited panorama.

IMHO, the best thing about AquaClass is the ability to dine in the Blu restaurant. That benefit was worth every penny to us.

Celebrity has actually been very clever in taking some of their less-desirable staterooms (long overhang, pool deck above) and giving them an exclusive status with the AquaClass perks. Smart strategy.

Hi,

We were in Equinox last October in room #1558

It was a fantastic location no noise at all,

Near the lifts and stairs, a short walk to

the secret staircase upto the Spa.

The ship is fantastic.

we are thinking if trying aqua class room on equinox but have reservations about the location being under the pool area? Any thoughts?

Thanks

We have just returned from Equinox. She is a beautiful ship.

We were in aqua class cabin 1591. No noise at all but there is a balcony overhang. We appreciated this though because it was so hot

The A2 category toward the aft on the Equinox are all under other rooms and not under the pool. If you want an A1 category, usually at a higher cost, you can book the ones at the very aft or even the ones closer to the front -- they have a couple that are on the hump so have larger balconies, albeit obstructed by a window washer from what I have read.

This is my opinion of the Equinox....best ship at sea!! But...I understand your reluctance of not wanting to be under the pool deck. I am sure it would turn your otherwise enjoyable vacation into a sleepless nightmare.

The A2 category toward the aft on the Equinox are all under other rooms and not under the pool. If you want an A1 category, usually at a higher cost, you can book the ones at the very aft or even the ones closer to the front -- they have a couple that are on the hump so have larger balconies, albeit obstructed by a window washer from what I have read.

This is my opinion of the Equinox....best ship at sea!! But...I understand your reluctance of not wanting to be under the pool deck. I am sure it would turn your otherwise enjoyable vacation into a sleepless nightmare.

Under the pool is not necessarily a bad thing - the pools aren't open very late and it is a better location than under the gym which should be avoided due to noise from early morning until late night.

We loved being on the hump - so convenient.

Best thing is to study the deck plan and compare it to reports on the s class spreadsheet.

We were just in cabin 1545 and there was no noise at all, views were great and it was right near the elevator. Great location! Blu was great, highly recommend booking aqua just for that reason.

That's so nice to read. We are in 1545 on the transatlantic coming up in November. More excited now.

Dawn

If you want an A1 category, usually at a higher cost, you can book the ones at the very aft or even the ones closer to the front -- they have a couple that are on the hump so have larger balconies, albeit obstructed by a window washer from what I have read.

We were on B2B cruises on the Equinox last spring, and were in 1606 for both legs. This is one of the A1 staterooms on the hump with an over-sized balcony. This room, and the ones adjacent, were not obstructed by any window washing equipment. We loved the room, the balcony and the location.

Archived