Live from the Orchestra

AmoMondo

Enjoying your reviews:D! AmoMondo, can you give me an idea of what internet prices are? We will have our laptop with us and need to be able to keep in touch with home. I can't seem to find pricing on MSC's website and in fact having a bit of trouble navigating around it. DH always reminds me of how technology challenged I am:o

Thank you.

Thanks

There are a few packages

60 mins = €12

100 mins = €19

300 mins= €45

480 mins= €59

1440 mins = €145

Thanks

There are a few packages

60 mins = €12

100 mins = €19

300 mins= €45

480 mins= €59

1440 mins = €145

Thank you so much! Pricing is not bad. I know to expect a slower than at home connection. From what I understand we will have internet connection in our cabin?

You can return the favour and get me in the mood for the next one - Musica Black Sea 1st Oct!

No problem. As long as you use your Musica cruise to get me in the mood for my Nov cruise (Fred Olsen Braemar)

Finally found your review. It's absolutely brilliant! A few queries if by chance my case does not arrive I have to get. Transfer from malpensa to genoa port wil they eventually get it to the ship? Also

When you say all white does that mean all guest or a special do for you premium members.

The lovely restaurant you got the fancy meal is the allgresimo package ok in it for drinks if I just pay the 25€

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you so much! Pricing is not bad. I know to expect a slower than at home connection. From what I understand we will have internet connection in our cabin?

Yes you can connect all over the ship and it isn't slow this time. Same speed as I get at home with BT

Finally found your review. It's absolutely brilliant! A few queries if by chance my case does not arrive I have to get. Transfer from malpensa to genoa port wil they eventually get it to the ship? Also

When you say all white does that mean all guest or a special do for you premium members.

The lovely restaurant you got the fancy meal is the allgresimo package ok in it for drinks if I just pay the 25€

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Well technically, yes they are supposed to send your case on to catch up with the ship. On my first TA there were around 15 folk from Manchester who didn't get theirs until day 5 in Madeira and just as well they did as next port was 6 days later in Grenada. Evidently they kept arriving at the next port too late and kept missing the ship. Don't think cases go missing so regularly when you don't have a connecting flight or you do and there is a decent gap between them. To put it in to context, I've flown extensively for 34 years and nearly always having a connection and I've only had my case go AWOL 3 times on the way out and I got it the next day on each occasion. It's gone missing around half a dozen times on the way back, but that didn't matter at all. They got to cart it up my stairs and into my front door the next day.

All you can do is prepare for the worst and take advantage of your hand luggage allowance. Stick as many of those little toiletries bottles in the little poly bag as you can and a few lipsticks as well. Use solid make up like compacts or loose powders that are ok for hand luggage. Pack a few sets of underwear and a swimming cossie as well as a few mix and match outfits you can dress up or down. That way if you are unlucky, it's not a disaster.

White night was for everyone but can't say many bothered. Most were going ashore for the nightlife in Palma. It was the same with Italian night, only folk I saw in green, white and red were the crew.

Not sure if you can use Allegrissimo in the speciality restaurant or not. You didn't use to be able to. I was charged for what I had, but

1. I was still waiting for them to sort out my Allegrissimo anyway

2. the wines I had would not have been included as I ordered decent stuff to compliment the fine dining experience. The water and espresso may have been included. Once I get my bill, I'll be able to see what they all refunded after they sorted out my Allegrissimo.

I didn't have to pay the €24 (I get one free trip per cruise) so splurging on the good wines at just €5 each wasn't bad. To be honest, even if I had to pay, I would not grudge it. The experience is comparable to really good fine dining in the UK where you pay £100-150 per head, in my opinion. I'm seriously considering a return trip!

Always glad for another review to feed my addiction so thank you for taking the time to write, especially onboard. The Black member perks sound very good indeed, I had better start booking some cruises so I can reach that level lol!

And as I'm sure you can guess, a lost suitcase is my worst nightmare, I would need to make quick use of my allegrissimo package to get over the horror, so for that to be messed up too, arghhhhhhhh!

Nice to see someone else enjoying the Fizz, I hope you continue to have a great time :)

Mairi, do you think these are all Black Card perks or are you now on the VIP/troublemakers list?

Well I was wondering the same thing myself. As you know from your epic Fantasia crossing, the "gifts" just turn up with no explanation. Haven't yet had my invitation to fine with the officers but I did get 2 invites today to a private cocktail party which I didn't attend. Get free fizz with Allegrissimo!

Yesterday we were in Ibiza from 9.00am until 6.00am this morning. After breakfast, I used my shuttle ticket to go to Eivissa (Ibiza Town). Bus drops you off at the Marina in the newer part of town near a lot of shops, cafes and restaurants. The Old Town, D'Alt Villa (literally high town and high it certainly is) can be reached from where the bus stops by walking along the Marina to the tourist info office and then crossing the road. The first part of the climb (and I'm not exaggerating) takes you up a slope through a port cullis and behind the old city wall. Now from here you have a choice, use the road which zigzags up the mountain, so a bit of a steadier incline but probably 3 times the distance or use the short cuts up steep paths with lots of steps! There are loads of great lookouts across the bay on the way up. Aft around an hour I made it tonthe church at the top with a clock on its tower. It really isn't much to look at on the inside but you do feel a sense of achievement for having made it to the top in the blistering heat, either that I had sunstroke by now which was impacting my judgement! Fortunately the route back don was not nearly as onerous. Don't know how the cars made it around some of those really steep and tight bends - mind you they all seemed to be compact numbers.

By the time I'd made it down again, I was gasping for a drink and ravenous, so headed to a restaurant for a large glass of vino rosado and lunch.....and really enjoyable it was too (lunch and the local vino)

After lunch I decided to explore the lower town, but I'd forgotten about Siesta. Loads of what looked like great shops but most were clos for Siesta should have done this are in the morning and the upper old town later.

Eventually headed back to the shuttle and within 15 minutes I was back at the ship. The shuttle ticket was€13.90 although I got mine complimentary. Didn't see taxis along side the Rea we docked at but there may have been some earlier. I would not recommend walking into town. It looked like it would take around an hour from where we were docked and most of it not particularly scenic. People T my table used a water taxi to get into town, but I don't know what they paid for it.

I'd originally planned on heading back into town for dinner after I'd showered Nd changed but I felt a bit under the weather (think too much sun and a bit of exhaustion) so I skipped dinner Nd had an early night.

Not sure how many folk took advantage of the overnight to go clubbing, but the sun bed hoggers were out in force this morning. I made it up on deck just before 10 and all the beds around the pool Nd on the deck above were already booked by a sea of orange towels. Managed to find a free one towards the back of the ship around the side from the mini club play area. Spent more or less all day lazing around and enjoying the sun. The spa had a promotion on where Ll treatments and hairdressers had 50% discount, so I took advantage and had 60 minute Balinese massage. Really excellent it was too, well worth the €63. They had the same offer for tomorrow so I've booked a facial for late afternoon.

Tonight was the final Gala dinner. They still do the Baked Alaska parade but alas the glass of fizz and the legit fours have disappeared - no doubt cut backs!

The show tonight was another. fifty one with all the same acts as on the first night, just in different costumes and with different music. It was called Samurai. Bit of a cute bit at the start when they had a load of quite cute very little people from the mini club up onstage T the start doing a number to entertain. What they lacked in timing (and one little soul, co-ordination) they made up for it with enthusiasm. Show rounded up with the "We are the world" number with the animation team spelling out thank you in at least 10 languages, leaving Grazie to last to the thunderous applause of the mainly Italian audience.

One thing I haven't mentioned so far, is that this is a Dancing with the Stars cruise. They have a couple of professional dancers onboard from the Italian version of the TV show and for an additional cost, you. An hVedIly lessons with them. They've also featured in a few of the shows.

So tomorrow is our final port of Villefranche. We are due to drop an hor at 9.00 and the tenders commence shortly after that. I had my tender ticket for the first boat delivered this morning, so should not hVe long to wait to get off tomorrow.

down to earth and with it!!!!

the animation team.....on the last cruise we had with MSC....and the only other one...lol....the animation team were so silly......and got to be a pain after 14 days with them....it sounds like they are still up to their "teenage stuff"....funny for younger people but for us old farts a strain.....I wonder if they will be on the repo....18 days with them...I will sure need a drink....

down to earth and with it!!!!

the animation team.....on the last cruise we had with MSC....and the only other one...lol....the animation team were so silly......and got to be a pain after 14 days with them....it sounds like they are still up to their "teenage stuff"....funny for younger people but for us old farts a strain.....I wonder if they will be on the repo....18 days with them...I will sure need a drink....

Oh they will be onboard and up to their usual slapstick humour. Thought I was the only old fart who found it all too juvenile.

They do organise other stuff on the repos, like 5 day world quiz that is highly entertaining, no least because some of the teams take it so seriously and get bent all out of shape when another team that they consider frivolous, quietly trounces them! They'll also organise a series of language lessons, usually Italian unless you are bound for South America and then it's Brazilian.

So the final full day of this lovely cruise. We dropped anchor just off the picturesque and very hilly town of Villefranche-Sur-Mer just before 9. First tender was at 9.30 but I went down just after 10 and got straight down to deck 4 to await the next tender pulling up. Only took about 10 minutes to reach the small Maritime Station. There is a tourist info office there giving out free maps. WCS facilities are spotlessly clean.

First of Ll I headed up to the main municipal part of town which was a way up high, not quite as steep as Ibiza but getting there. Not a huge Mount up there other than a nice little public park and some great views over the bay. Many people were getting the bus to either Monaco or Nice and the way to the buses were well sign posted. I preferred to remain in town as I'd not been before. There also appeared to be one of those little tourist trains doing the rounds but not sure where it started from.

On the way back down the twisting hill round, I stopped at a shop selling hand made soaps that I'd spotted on the wY up. French soaps are fantastic and made with natural ingredients. Got a couple of bars of lavender soap for my Mum (it's her favourite) and I got a litre of the lavender liquid hand soap. My bottle from pRis last year is almost finished, so that should keep me going a while.

I then cut back down through the old town at the bottom of the bill. It's much nicer down here. There was also a market on which had some interesting stuff. Stopped fro lunch at Le Cosmo and what an excellent choice it was. Really recommend this place. Lovely outdoor restaurant with views over the bay. I started off with the tartare de salmon (salmon tartare) followed by Oave de beau (veal done in a rich sauce with modellers and mashed potato). Washed it down with a bottle of Evian and a decent size glass of red and finished upmwith a great espresso. Wasn't cheap at €49.70 but well worth it.

After my leisurely lunch, I walked around the bay for a bit. Quite a few restUrNts with tables on the waterfront and waiters ducking Nd diving between mopeds Nd cars to serve their patrons from the restaurants on the other side of the road.

Got a tender back around 3pm so I could hVe. Bit chill out time on the pool deck (and another mojito!) before my half price facial at 5.

Now sitting out on my balcony enjoying the final sailaway. For a change they played Con Te Partiro which I absolutely love. Really should be packing but decided it would be churlish of me not to finish the bottle of Moët and make an attempt at scoffing the latest set of pastries that were delivered last night. Doing ok on the Moët, not sure ill manage both the chocolate brownie thingies....the fruit tart with patisserie creme went well with the fizz!

Sure looks like you've been having a great time and thanks for wetting our taste buds:p We board in 15 days. Have you walked by cabin 11127? Hope we picked a good location and whoever is in there better be taking good care of it;) Have you had any trouble communicating on the ship as well as the ports? We bought a translation booklet but DH brought up a good point.....even if we can figure out what to ask for how will we know what the reply is? LOL! Sooooooo looking forward to our cruise!

Archived