Breeze 8/25 review w/pics

graphicguy

Great analysis. I know that I too am constantly debating about which big new ship to go on. I am always ready to pull the trigger on the Oasis/Allure but then just can't justify spending all that money when I can get a spa balcony on the Breeze for the same price as an inside on the Oasis/Allure

Thanks Cruisin.....I know my opinion isn't going to make the loyalists happy (whether for CCL, RCCL or NCL). But, when it comes to these megaships, while there are some differences, and the experience is highly dependent on your frame of mind, they all offer a wonderful time.

I believe Carnival, who has broken new ground, over such a long period of time, is going to move into a new phase. Not sure what happened with them in the last couple of years as this is the first time I've sailed them in about 3 years. But, I can only go by what I've heard on the news. So apparently, somewhere along the line, they took their eye off the ball, if just for a second and ended up with the Triumph fire.

The same can be said for Royal Caribbean with their Grandeur fire. Apparently they're feeling the heat, too. We could have booked the Oasis for roughly the same money as the Breeze. We dedided we wanted more of an outdoor "cruise" feel. The Allure seemed to try to hide the water from passengers. Don't get me wrong, I liked the Allure/Oasis....ONCE!

I don't know when I'll sail Carnival again....as I usually don't sail the same line consecutively. I will say they offer a great product and good value. Based on my coversations with Mr Donald and the rest of the crew on the Breeze, they're shooting to be even more innovative and just overall better.

That's a good thing.

Past cruiser meeting.....they served hors d'oeuvres (which were really pretty good) of salmon, finger sandwhiches and cheesecake. Drinks were "Drink of the Day", champaign, wine and beer. But, I ordered a martini and they brought a couple to me (that was a happy afternoon:D).

Same theme....they were happy we stuck with sailing with Carnival more than a couple of times. And, that they were committed to brining us an even better cruising experience. They also said to stay tuned as they were going to announce some "big things" in the future (without elaborating).

The entertainiment for the event was from the singers/dancers for the headline shows. All very good. It lasted about an hour.

9652787655_f6b155c5ce.jpg

DSC00142 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

Edited by graphicguy

I have to say how refreshing it is to read objective comments...no grand-standing, no cheerleading, no whining, just opinion based on facts.

As for the Breeze, although I've yet to sail on her, I will say that it's nice to finally see interiors that are, for the most part, devoid of Farcus-infused visual abuse (not that there's anything wrong with that). Her decor, as well as the revamped interiors of the Triumph, are the direction I'd hope Carnival would take – modern, a little whimsical, interesting, and a lot less gaudy.

Looking forward to the rest of your comments.

I have to say how refreshing it is to read objective comments...no grand-standing, no cheerleading, no whining, just opinion based on facts.

As for the Breeze, although I've yet to sail on her, I will say that it's nice to finally see interiors that are, for the most part, devoid of Farcus-infused visual abuse (not that there's anything wrong with that). Her decor, as well as the revamped interiors of the Triumph, are the direction I'd hope Carnival would take – modern, a little whimsical, interesting, and a lot less gaudy.

Thanks...I know Bright, IN. I live on the NW 'burbs of Cincinnati. We're practically neighbors.;)

If there's a difference between the Breeze vs Allure and Breakaway, it's the LACK of extra cost dining options.

Some will view this as a nagative. I view it as a positive.

There are essentially 3 "added cost" dining options on the Breeze...

-Cucina del Capitano (which was the only extra charge venue we dined in)..

9652833037_b8709447e1.jpg

DSC00067 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

9652830945_0ba160df0d.jpg

DSC00070 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

Being of Italian decent myself, I would rank the food as some of the best Italian I've had at any restaurant (not counting my late Mother's authentic Italian cooking). The Chef (whose name I'm ashamed to admit, I don't remember) even came out to chat with us explaining each dish we ordered. After he left, he sent over an extra dish for each of us he thought we'd enjoy based on our conversation. Very nice touch.

It cost $12/pp. It's worth 3x that amount. Highly recommended.

You can get food at the Red Frog Pub, except there's a nominal charge. I didn't eat there, but my partners did. They said it was bar food, but it was GOOD bar food. Found it interesting that the Red Frog Pub had a plaque for Cunard on a Carnival ship....

9656076488_54e688ef6f.jpg

DSC00058 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

Edited by graphicguy

Other food venues...of course, the main dining rooms. We had "Anytime Dining" as mentioned. So, we went to Sapphire dining room. There were 4 of us and neve a wait. We were always seated immediately...even at a busy time like 7:00 p.m. The Breeze staff really had this down to a science.

Just a brief mention about the MDR food. It ranged from good, to very good. Usually, on other cruises, the MDR food is over salted and over cooked. While not perfect, the meals on the Breeze didn't succumb to those issues.

Service was always good, prompt and friendly.

The other MDR dining venue was Blush for those who had set dining times. Same food as in the Sapphire Room.

This was the longest line we encountered...

9652903061_226a6fdf8b.jpg

DSC00019 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

9652905435_38e5e5b946.jpg

DSC00018 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

Blush....(trying to add a little interesting effects to the photos)......

9652819179_6669046791.jpg

DSC00084 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

9652817773_a8308b23fe.jpg

DSC00085 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

So glad you enjoyed your cruise. I sail the Breeze next year and the suspense is killing me:(. We sailed the Freedom last year and our entire group agreed that it was our best cruise to date. I can't wait until I board the big boat to start comparing.

Loving your review so far. We loved the Breeze as well. She is by far the best ship and the best service we've had on any cruise line. Even cruising in March with all the dreaded Spring Breakers (:eek:) we still never felt like the ship was overcrowded or that there were super long waits.

Keep it comin!:D

Well said...

Thanks all...glad I can help.

I forgot the Steak House and Bonsai Sushi...both extra cost options. Didn't eat at either. Not a Sushi lover. And, while the Steak House is interesting, I really had no problems with the other dining venues....

Reall good, fresh made salads and soups here.....at lunch here almost every day...

9656081348_362ed75399.jpg

DSC00056 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

Jimmy's BBQ on a port day...

9680806752_d28720f011.jpg

DSC00059 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

Jimmy's BBQ on a "C" Day....

9677573755_8e90767e5e.jpg

DSC00094 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

Jimmy's BBQ was also very good. Loved eating outside, too.

9652851775_838aecab55.jpg

DSC00054 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

So, what picture did I neglect to take? Of course, Guy's Burgers. They were very good. But, there's been quite a few pics of the venue already.

graphicguy.........Love your review and pics. I sailed the Breeze in May and will be on her again in 9 days. Seeing all those dining venues is making me hungry.

BTW I also am sort of a neighbor. I live in Milford.

Edited by Boozebabe

graphicguy.........Love your review and pics. I sailed the Breeze in May and will be on her again in 9 days. Seeing all those dining venues is making me hungry.

BTW I also am sort of a neighbor. I live in Milford.

Thanks so much!

Milford....just a quick shot on 275E!

BTW....you must have had some bad storms when I returned from the Breeze. We were circling CVG for over an hour because of weather and lightening. Pilot actually said he was looking at landing in Columbus. We made it, though.

We were on the sailing right before yours. Interested to know if they fixed the glass on the doors going out to the pool area and into the buffet? Somehow between the time we boarded and about 5 pm, they were broken. So sad to see.