Breeze 8/25 review w/pics

graphicguy

Living across the river I have always believed all buckeyes are nuts. You may be the exception Thanks for the review. Great perspective. Go Big Blue. Lol

We're just 'nukin futz!

Nice to see so many from around the tri-state reading.

Hope you guys find it helpful.

Got some other pics and a wrap-up I'm working on.

Thank you all for the kind words. I enjoy posting.

Onto answers....we had two cabins, 2 to a cabin. So, can't answer your questions about 3 to a cabin. If I had to judge, I'd say with perhaps a pulldown from the ceiling in addition to the King bed, you would be OK in a balcony cabin.

There's certainly plenty of closet space.

I can see 3 on the balcony, but no more than that. And, the 3rd person is going to have to stand on the balcony as there are only 2 chairs.

9652811975_e358e01a07.jpg

DSC00093 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

You can ask your steward to bring you a third chair;)

Received a PM. Seems as if there is some confusion as to who I was traveling with.

Well....I was traveling with some old college friends, one of them happened to be my former GF from 30 YEARS AGO. We dated in college and just found each othe again earlier this year. She was my cabinmate.

The other two were also college friends, too (the other cabin mates) All of us reconnected this year.

Grand Turk...again, hired a guy who acted as our guide for the day for $20/pp. That means, we had our own guide in our own chartered car (a late model Tahoe). We tipped him $20. So, for 4 people, we hired a guide for $100 total...beats booking through Carnival....

9677114507_65bf9b3733.jpg

DSC00037 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

9680348134_e21fe5acfe.jpg

DSC00063 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

9677100185_d217cc8094.jpg

DSC00122 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

9680336318_876c896406.jpg

DSC00139 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

Did you pre-book or just find a guide by the taxi stand?

Once again, thanks all for the very nice comments. I've enjoyed posting about my cruise. Hopefully, I've helped a few people with theirs.

Some random pics....

9652790313_5abd9030e8.jpg

DSC00138 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

9656021184_1c93ddb4ca.jpg

DSC00144 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

9656088024_443485ca03.jpg

DSC00052 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

9656127662_25d1dff1cb.jpg

DSC00024 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

9656028406_fdf85444ac.jpg

DSC00137 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

9677086229_6ff863a683.jpg

DSC00036 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

11,000+ views....WOW....thanks so much for your interest.

To sum up....as I said at the outset, this was a great cruise. The Breeze is a beautiful ship. It rivals any other ship I've been on.

The service was exemplary. The food ranged from good to very, very good. Their are a lot of good food options, most of them with no extra fee.....Fat jimmy's BBQ, Guys Burgers (wish I had one right now), the Cantina, The Taste Bar stick in my mind. Cucinna CAPITANO was some of the best Italian food I've had, anywhere. At $12/pp, it's a steal.

We encountered very few times where we waited for anything, and those waits were brief.

Entertainment was good.....not the best I've seen on a cruise ship, but good nonetheless.

The ship is constantly being cleaned. I'd say it's clean to a fault.

In short, Carnival did the Breeze right. And, they are very serious about reinventing, not only the company, but the cruise industry. That's their stated goal (to me personally, as a matter of fact). Sometimes you hear those kinds of statements and dismiss them as marketing hype. I got the distinct feeling they're going to do exactly what they say they're going to do. I can't wait to revisit them at some juncture.

As far as ship comparisons, all ships....all cruise lines...have their own vibe. One is not necessarily better than another. They're just different. Said this before....Breeze doesn't try to hide the fact that it's a cruise ship. They are open to the sea/ocean. The Allure took a different road, with Merry-go-rounds, bars that lift and fall, pulling passengers inward, instead of outward....different vibe there. The NCL Breakaway and Epic have the best entertainment at sea, hands down, bar none.

There's something for everyone. Pick what fits you best.

I was just thinking last night...."so what's next?" I really don't know. I think I'm done cruising for this year (unless I can score a deal). I know that NCL has the best suites of all the cruise lines. So, I might check those out.

Or, I might look at some of the older ships in the major lines' fleet and go a little retro. That would be a different "vibe", too.

If you haven't been on the Breeze, and are even just a wee bit curious, don't hesitate to book her. She's wonderful!

Edited by graphicguy

Did you pre-book or just find a guide by the taxi stand?

2 Cruzen....just realized I hadn't answered your question.

We went to the taxi stands at each of our ports. You kind of have to use your better judgement in picking a guide. We had some that were trying to railroad us into cramped vans with other people. We didn't want that. We wanted our own personlized tour, based on what we wanted to do....not some generic tour. You can tell a lot about a tour operator based on how their tour car/bus/minivan/SUV looks. If it looks beat up, steer clear. All tour guides are trying to sell themselves to you....some very aggessively. We picked the ones who seemed best suited for our own personalities. It was a judgement call that worked out quite well for us.

Plus, when we wanted to stop, all we had to do was to tell our driver to stop.

As an added bonus, it was a ton cheaper booking through Carnival. We received a better tour, too.

I don't have a card for the driver we used in NASSAU. But, in Grand Turk we used this service...Tony's VIP Taxi. He used a very nice Tahoe. His cell # is 649-231-1806.

Well worth it. Don't be afraid to negotiate their price with them, either.

Hope that helps.

Edited by graphicguy

11,000+ views....WOW....thanks so much for your interest.

To sum up....as I said at the outset, this was a great cruise. The Breeze is a beautiful ship. It rivals any other ship I've been on.

The service was exemplary. The food ranged from good to very, very good. Their are a lot of good food options, most of them with no extra fee.....Fat jimmy's BBQ, Guys Burgers (wish I had one right now), the Cantina, The Taste Bar stick in my mind. Cucinna CAPITANO was some of the best Italian food I've had, anywhere. At $12/pp, it's a steal.

We encountered very few times where we waited for anything, and those waits were brief.

Entertainment was good.....not the best I've seen on a cruise ship, but good nonetheless.

The ship is constantly being cleaned. I'd say it's clean to a fault.

In short, Carnival did the Breeze right. And, they are very serious about reinventing, not only the company, but the cruise industry. That's their stated goal (to me personally, as a matter of fact). Sometimes you hear those kinds of statements and dismiss them as marketing hype. I got the distinct feeling they're going to do exactly what they say they're going to do. I can't wait to revisit them at some juncture.

As far as ship comparisons, all ships....all cruise lines...have their own vibe. One is not necessarily better than another. They're just different. Said this before....Breeze doesn't try to hide the fact that it's a cruise ship. They are open to the sea/ocean. The Allure took a different road, with Merry-go-rounds, bars that lift and fall, pulling passengers inward, instead of outward....different vibe there. The NCL Breakaway and Epic have the best entertainment at sea, hands down, bar none.

There's something for everyone. Pick what fits you best.

I was just thinking last night...."so what's next?" I really don't know. I think I'm done cruising for this year (unless I can score a deal). I know that NCL has the best suites of all the cruise lines. So, I might check those out.

Or, I might look at some of the older ships in the major lines' fleet and go a little retro. That would be a different "vibe", too.

If you haven't been on the Breeze, and are even just a wee bit curious, don't hesitate to book her. She's wonderful!

I have really enjoyed your review! Thank you for taking the time. I will be on the Breeze next year and can't wait:D.

Once again, thanks all for the very nice comments. I've enjoyed posting about my cruise. Hopefully, I've helped a few people with theirs.

Some random pics....

9652790313_5abd9030e8.jpg

DSC00138 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

9656021184_1c93ddb4ca.jpg

DSC00144 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

9656088024_443485ca03.jpg

DSC00052 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

9656127662_25d1dff1cb.jpg

DSC00024 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

9656028406_fdf85444ac.jpg

DSC00137 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

9677086229_6ff863a683.jpg

DSC00036 by graphicguy1, on Flickr

Where was the lighthouse?!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Where was the lighthouse?!

Grand Turk was where this lighthouse was. There's another in NASSAU.

Matter of fact, you can probably find a lighthouse on any island which is, or used to be, a shipping port.

Intersting about Grand Turk...at one time it had a fairly large U.S. Military installation....which is near this lighthouse. The U.S. has since turned the land, the barraks, and all of the infrastructure that went with it (which is extensive) to the local gov't.

Grand Turk was where this lighthouse was. There's another in NASSAU.

Matter of fact, you can probably find a lighthouse on any island which is, or used to be, a shipping port.

Intersting about Grand Turk...at one time it had a fairly large U.S. Military installation....which is near this lighthouse. The U.S. has since turned the land, the barraks, and all of the infrastructure that went with it (which is extensive) to the local gov't.

Thanks for this info! I've recently discovered my love for lighthouses and would love to visit one on an upcoming cruise.

Thanks for this info! I've recently discovered my love for lighthouses and would love to visit one on an upcoming cruise.

Lighthouses are cool. In the Caribbean, Bahamas and Bermuda you should find a lot of them.:D

2 Cruzen....just realized I hadn't answered your question.

We went to the taxi stands at each of our ports. You kind of have to use your better judgement in picking a guide. We had some that were trying to railroad us into cramped vans with other people. We didn't want that. We wanted our own personlized tour, based on what we wanted to do....not some generic tour. You can tell a lot about a tour operator based on how their tour car/bus/minivan/SUV looks. If it looks beat up, steer clear. All tour guides are trying to sell themselves to you....some very aggessively. We picked the ones who seemed best suited for our own personalities. It was a judgement call that worked out quite well for us.

Plus, when we wanted to stop, all we had to do was to tell our driver to stop.

As an added bonus, it was a ton cheaper booking through Carnival. We received a better tour, too.

I don't have a card for the driver we used in NASSAU. But, in Grand Turk we used this service...Tony's VIP Taxi. He used a very nice Tahoe. His cell # is 649-231-1806.

Well worth it. Don't be afraid to negotiate their price with them, either.

Hope that helps.

Thanks. GT is where I am looking for a taxi driver. We also loved the Breeze. Liberty this time.

No....THANK YOU ALL FOR READING. I enjoyed posting and writing it.

In Grand Turk, just ask for "Tony" at the taxi stands. They'll steer you in the right direction.

The Allure is a nice ship, too. I would be hard pressed to choose between the Allure and the Breeze, if I'm looking at my first time on either. I could have booked Allure's sister, Oasis, as it was a few dollars less expensive than the Breeze. But, the Oasis is identical to the Allure, which I've already sailed.

Breeze is Carnival's biggest and best. So, I chose the Breeze.

You won't be disappointed.

All of these big ships, from all the major carriers are very, very nice. Pick the one whose itinerary you like best, and which one comes closest to your budget and you won't go wrong.