Ft Lauderdale Hotels

Ginnyjen

Go to the Florida ports of calls forum. They usually have lots of good information. I usually stay at the Renaissance but there are tons of hotels in FLL.

I stayed at this hotel once, pre-cruise, & it will be my last time! This hotel isn't even close to Embassy Suites! :rolleyes:

About the most inexpensive and convenient I have found is the Remada Airport/Cruiseport, 2275 West State Road 84, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33312, 954-584-4000 reservations@ramadinnairport.com, http://www.RamadaInnAirport.com

They have a complementary shuttle from the airport and to the cruiseport.

Scott & Karen

I like how affordable this one. Anyone else tried it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We made arrangements thru HAL and they're putting us in the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort for our pre-night.......I hope it is nice, will let everyone know when we get back if you are interested. I wanted to stay someplace somewhat festive because it will be my 60th B-day the day we fly down (the day before the cruise). I hope their restaurant is a good one!

I like how affordable this one. Anyone else tried it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For affordable with amenities we use Rodeway Inn and Suites, Dania Beach.

They have shuttles to and from airport and cruise port. The shuttles to the ship run like clockwork; sign up in the notebook at the desk the night before. If you do park and cruise package and need a shuttle back from the ship it's slow and many opt for the taxi.

They are always busy with cruisers and prices vary with seasons. We have stayed there 3 or 4 times, never had an issue. It's an old-style motel, pool in the central courtyard. Rooms are basic but very clean with very comfortable beds, many rooms redone with clean tile floors; free and good WiFi, good breakfast, sports bar type restaurant on site but we usually walk to the Rendezvous restaurant for dinner, on the harbor across the road, 5-10 min walk, pretty setting, good seafood, not expensive. Motel is 2 stories, no elevator but they will carry your bags upstairs if you ask. We have also rented a car there at the desk and that worked very easily. They have been renovating over the years and making the place more attractive with landscaping, painting etc. but there's just so much one can do with an old motel layout.

I have used their shuttle service in the evening to go out to the grocery store shopping plaza to buy wine; shuttle was $5 if I recall correctly. Worked easy but they work in the pick-up on a run back from the airport so patience is a virtue, but they took care of me and I got to visit with another cruiser while we waited the 20 or so minutes on a bench outside the grocery.

Ziggy is the Rodeway manager and he is not for everyone - he runs the show and does a good job but some people don't appreciate his humor or his somewhat loud style. For us, he's always done a good job for a good price. If you need something just ask.

Hope you find something to suit your needs. m--

I stayed at this hotel once, pre-cruise, & it will be my last time! This hotel isn't even close to Embassy Suites! :rolleyes:

We also stay ay the Renaissance, because of its convenient location. I who am not a fast walker find that can make it to Embassy Suites in less than 15 minutes. I consider that to be fairly close.

If you're driving you might want to consider the Fairfield Inn on Griffin Road. They have a package that includes breakfast (a very nice one), parking and transportation to and from the pier. They also provide complimentary transportation to several nearby restaurants. We like the Islamarada Seafood Restaurant.

Linda, I have stayed at the Marriott Harbor Beach and it was beautiful. We got a room overlooking the pool and ocean and really enjoyed just sitting out on our balcony watching the sunset every evening with a cocktail before dinner. I think you will enjoy it.

Was glad to see that Hyatt Place was mentioned a couple of times. We don't sail out of Ft. Lauderdale often. Our upcoming Panama Canal cruise will be our first time out of FL in awhile.

Made a reservation at the Hyatt Place after researching the Florida ports forum. Best part, we are able to use points, so it will be free. Can't beat that.

Linda, I have stayed at the Marriott Harbor Beach and it was beautiful. We got a room overlooking the pool and ocean and really enjoyed just sitting out on our balcony watching the sunset every evening with a cocktail before dinner. I think you will enjoy it.

Thanks, glad to hear it. I don't see many people ever mentioning the place so I was wondering. My TA said it was very nice, so I am hoping it is as nice as she and you have said!:) Did you eat dinner there by any chance? We don't have a car so we are kind of a captive audience.

First time there we stayed at the Embassy suites. It was fine....a typical ES. Next time stayed at the Courtyard on the Beach. Not really like a typical Courtyard. Great beach access, a drive to get wine, etc. Liked that location anyway, right on the boardwalk to walk to restaurants and to see the beach. This time I picked Hyatt Pier 66. Wanted a resort type of place and didn't want to rent a car this trip.

I've bid for hotels three times, in Ft. Lauderdale, and have been very lucky. Once at the Renniasance, once at the Crown Plaza and twice at the Embassy Suites. I pad a little over $100 total, and would stay in anyone of them again. One was in April and the other two were in October.

I've bid for hotels three times, in Ft. Lauderdale, and have been very lucky. Once at the Renniasance, once at the Crown Plaza and twice at the Embassy Suites. I pad a little over $100 total, and would stay in anyone of them again. One was in April and the other two were in October.

ES in feb 2014 is around $300 per night

How far in advance did you book yours ?

For "Irish Eyes": The Harbour Beach Hotel is beautiful, with a lovely pool/beach area...you will have a wonderful birthday there! The hotel was totally renovated a few years ago and there is a great outdoor seating area off the lobby with firepits for drinks and sunset watching.

We live on the other coast of Florida and have stayed there often for family celebrations. (Cost is probably the reason that you don't see this hotel listed too often...rates, especially in season, can go upwards of $700 which is not always good value for passengers just flying in for the one night.) Property has a very wide range of accomodations, so (suggestion) if you have any priority with Marriott, contact the hotel directly to let them know it's a special occasion and maybe an upgrade will happen.

Enjoy and have a very Happy Birthday!:)

I've booked the Pillars for the next cruise. A small B&B, a little pricey but in heart of FLL, on the Riviera (including a whistlestop for the water cabby). One stop to Las Olas district.

Not a cheap price, be advised but what a wonderful way to begin vacations..!

Holacanada on Noordam (Turkeys at sea Cruise) in 81 days

Unfortunately during Spring Break times $300 is probably the going rate. We paid pretty close to that this past March also. In November 2010 I know we didn't pay near that price. Keep watching their pricing - I have seen it come down as the date gets closer.

I have the Embassy Suites booked for the middle of October. I did this a couple of weeks ago. The asking rate was $179 per night.

I booked the cruise in January but the hotel rates were to high so I just tracked them until they got down to reason then I started putting bids in. I was actually surprised I got it from them. I expected to get the Crown Plaza as it's rate was only $139.

Unfortunately during Spring Break times $300 is probably the going rate. We paid pretty close to that this past March also. In November 2010 I know we didn't pay near that price. Keep watching their pricing - I have seen it come down as the date gets closer.

Thank you much :)

Hello Fellow Bidder...

Here are a few tips that have worked for me. I have never bid more that $90.00 and always start at $65.00 and bid up each day till I find the sweet spot.

For Fort Lauderdale I will bid only on area 5 and 7 and mininum catagory 4.

We have secured rooms at: Westin Diplomat, Sheraton Beach, Westin Beach Resort, Hyatt & Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach.

We like our vacation to begin at beach!

When we check in if I am not assigned a waterfront room I ask for one. Sometimes we get get one at no charge. At the Diplomat we had to pay an extra $20.00 per night and it was worth every penny to be on the ocean.

Hello Fellow Bidder...

Here are a few tips that have worked for me. I have never bid more that $90.00 and always start at $65.00 and bid up each day till I find the sweet spot.

For Fort Lauderdale I will bid only on area 5 and 7 and mininum catagory 4.

We have secured rooms at: Westin Diplomat, Sheraton Beach, Westin Beach Resort, Hyatt & Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach.

We like our vacation to begin at beach!

When we check in if I am not assigned a waterfront room I ask for one. Sometimes we get get one at no charge. At the Diplomat we had to pay an extra $20.00 per night and it was worth every penny to be on the ocean.

MR NW GUY,

What site do u use for bidding ?

I had never bid on hotels before. Have Only done eBay bidding.

Thanks much :)

Archived