Bathrobes

pawsplus

Really, at the end of the day who really cares if someone wears their bathrobe to the pool? How petty can people be? We see it from time to time in resorts and on cruise ships. We never give it a second thought because we really do not care...and besides it is none of our business.

It is not like HAL cruisers represent the 'fashion plate' of the cruise industry.

Far, far from it. Though you would not think it from some of the comments on the HAL board.

I agree with iancal, who really cares if a person just wears it to the pool and back.

Really, at the end of the day who really cares if someone wears their bathrobe to the pool? How petty can people be? We see it from time to time in resorts and on cruise ships. We never give it a second thought because we really do not care...and besides it is none of our business.

It is not like HAL cruisers represent the 'fashion plate' of the cruise industry.

Far, far from it. Though you would not think it from some of the comments on the HAL board.

Is that petty? Is guess if you think wearing pjs in public is ok then it would be fine. The whole attitude that if you notice something about someone you are petty. Oh how I wished I could be like you and never judge anyone. Oh I guess that's wrong because you are saying people are petty.

Lorekauf,

When referencing my post you made the leap to the Neptune Lounge. Really? why? I said nothing about the Neptune Lounge.

I really find it sad (my opinion I know) how much emphasis numerous folks on CC put on appearances. Neat, clean and within the HAL guidelines does not seem to be enough for some folks here. In my experience, when there is so much emphasis on what people wear to me it appears that they value appearance over substance in others. When folks are busy looking "down" on what folks wear they usually do not have time nor take the opportunity to get to know the person inside. For me, what is inside is what really counts. Over the years I have had a number of wonderful friends who did not conform to what others thought they should dress like.

In my experience, when there is so much emphasis on what people wear to me it appears that they value appearance over substance in others.

People who care about how they look can also be people of substance. The two qualities are not mutually exclusive.

How people present themselves does say something about them, and what they think of others.

Lorekauf,

When referencing my post you made the leap to the Neptune Lounge. Really? why? I said nothing about the Neptune Lounge.

I really find it sad (my opinion I know) how much emphasis numerous folks on CC put on appearances. Neat, clean and within the HAL guidelines does not seem to be enough for some folks here. In my experience, when there is so much emphasis on what people wear to me it appears that they value appearance over substance in others. When folks are busy looking "down" on what folks wear they usually do not have time nor take the opportunity to get to know the person inside. For me, what is inside is what really counts. Over the years I have had a number of wonderful friends who did not conform to what others thought they should dress like.

I'm sorry but I don't think wearing a bathrobe is neat and clean, nor do I think it's appropriate attire in the Neptune. Is it not ok for me to say that? You have your opinion and I have mine. Just because you don't agree all of a sudden I'm looking down my nose. It seems to me it's sort of like the pot calling the kettle black. I guess we need to agree to disagree.

People who care about how they look can also be people of substance. The two qualities are not mutually exclusive.

How people present themselves does say something about them, and what they think of others.

Exactly, somehow that equates to being a snob. Comical really .........

Bathrobes to the pool blah blah blah

It's bathrobes in the Neptune,Lido, Crows Nest,

Picking up your tender ticket that's bizarre.

Cluelessness has no boundaries.

I think a bathrobe would be nice formal wear. You know, I nice piece of jewelry will do wonders for it:D.

I agree 100%. OP should wear what is comfortable for them in getting to and from the pool/spa. I always wear my robe to and from the spa. I avoid traipsing about the entire ship by finding the most convenient elevator to my room, ride up a couple floors and march myself over to the spa for my time in the thermal suite.

If others find it tacky, I don't care. If everyone in the world agreed on everything at all times, imagine how boring it would be.

If you see me walking around the pool with my bathrobe on feel free to come over and say hi.

Now, lets talk about those pool area chair "savers" shall we? :)

:confused: Serious question about what the very few people who wear the ship provided bathrobes to the pool do with them when they return from the pool?

Seems they would be wet and yucky and not be able to be used again until they were replaced. :confused:

LuLu

~~~~

Still wondering what folks who wear a bathrobe to the pool do with it afterwards? :confused:

LuLu

~~~~

The HAL board might be a great place to get advice on comfortable, sensible shoes.

But on other issues relating to fashion I have serious reservations.

Since soooo many of your posts are spent bashing HAL, its policies, or certain of its clientele, I wonder why you bother coming onto the HAL forum, or even cruise on HAL ships? :confused::confused:

Still wondering what folks who wear a bathrobe to the pool do with it afterwards? :confused:

LuLu

~~~~

It really didn't get wet- only damp. (I used a towel to dry off after using the hottub.) And it dried overnight in my bathroom. It's really no different than rinsing out a top or two in the sink- except it took 2 days for my quick dry top to dry out. And it worked out great as it was COLD in Antarctica. Frankly I can't think of any cover up that would have worked better.

Since soooo many of your posts are spent bashing HAL, its policies, or certain of its clientele, I wonder why you bother coming onto the HAL forum, or even cruise on HAL ships? :confused::confused:

I was wondering the same thing. There has to be a condo association he could join and be the lead commando.

AGREED!! If you want to act like you are on a Carnival ship, then go on one. Yeah, yeah I know HAL is owned by Carnival but there is (or used to be) quite a difference in the HAL cruising experience.

Archived